• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Bye Bosh

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty hand dealt to a great player and a great dude. I was really hoping he'd get to play, but I had a feeling we hadn't seen the last of the clots.
The issue of blood clots is actually something that can happen to anyone and the doctors told my brother that everyone should take precaution to avoid them so no they don't ever go away once any person has issues.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad situation, but Bosh needs to walk away and worry about his long term health/family. At this point, basketball should be the last thing on his mind.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....when it rains it pours.

Sad thing is, he's not going to fight the Heat's decision to not pass his physical. But he's not giving up on playing. I don't think this thing is anywhere close to being over.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is, he's not going to fight the Heat's decision to not pass his physical. But he's not giving up on playing. I don't think this thing is anywhere close to being over.

In a way, I don't blame him. I'd imagine that if any of us were in his shoes, we'd fight like hell to hang on as long as possible too. Hopefully, he will eventually listen to what is body seems to be trying to tell him and realize that he's done.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, I don't blame him. I'd imagine that if any of us were in his shoes, we'd fight like hell to hang on as long as possible too. Hopefully, he will eventually listen to what is body seems to be trying to tell him and realize that he's done.

I agree and it's a tough situation. The guy is 32 and probably has a solid 4-5 years left in his career if he didn't have the blood clots. That's a lot of basketball. But he just had his 3rd issue with blood clots in 2 1/2 years. This is going to be a life thing, not something temporary.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and it's a tough situation. The guy is 32 and probably has a solid 4-5 years left in his career if he didn't have the blood clots. That's a lot of basketball. But he just had his 3rd issue with blood clots in 2 1/2 years. This is going to be a life thing, not something temporary.

Agree. I just don't blame him for exploring all options. Gotta be really tough to accept.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I just don't blame him for exploring all options. Gotta be really tough to accept.
Tough to accept but well get older and have to learn about the adjustments to our body and new restrictions. It sucks for him, but he has a guaranteed contract and walks away with a 100 million dollars regardless of what happens, so he is a lot more fortunate then those that have no money and still have to deal with it. I know one person who lost his son about five years ago to a blood clot that went straight to his heart/lungs and killed him. It's a serious matter and not a game

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to accept but well get older and have to learn about the adjustments to our body and new restrictions. It sucks for him, but he has a guaranteed contract and walks away with a 100 million dollars regardless of what happens, so he is a lot more fortunate then those that have no money and still have to deal with it. I know one person who lost his son about five years ago to a blood clot that went straight to his heart/lungs and killed him. It's a serious matter and not a game

It's amazing how you "know a person" in reference to just about every thread and every topic. This isn't about you.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something or nothing?

Over the last week or so, some nba fans are making a big deal out of Shaq, LeBron, Wade & Bosh all ending their relationship with Pat Riley on supposedly bad terms.

To me each situation was pretty different (especially with Bosh). I'm not sure there's much significance to it beyond Pat Riley's personality of not going out of his way to placate superstars. Any thoughts?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was shitty?

It appears to me that Bosh is in total denial, and we've reached the point where the Heat had to address it.

Bosh way of handling it (ignoring calls/messages from Spo, Riles, & Micky) if what Riles said is true was shitty IMO

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh way of handling it (ignoring calls/messages from Spo, Riles, & Micky) if what Riles said is true was shitty IMO

Ohh.

This I agree with.
I thought your comment was directed at Riley.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something or nothing?

Over the last week or so, some nba fans are making a big deal out of Shaq, LeBron, Wade & Bosh all ending their relationship with Pat Riley on supposedly bad terms.

To me each situation was pretty different (especially with Bosh). I'm not sure there's much significance to it beyond Pat Riley's personality of not going out of his way to placate superstars. Any thoughts?

I personally don't care that Wade left , but could see why others blame Riley.

The other 3,no way.

Shaq was a problem.
James knew he was leaving, regardless.
Bosh's body gave out.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something or nothing?

I agree with you, gordon. I said this last week.

Shaq - Was nearing the end of his prime years in Miami and after the '06 title, many players from that team weren't hungry anymore and you had a roster that was old and unmotivated - which led to a sweep in the 1st round the following year. After that, the Heat had to rebuild and Shaq didn't want any part of that.

Lebron - He saw the amount of assets that Cleveland was able to collect that were still on their rookie deals which would allow him to always be in the Finals picture for the foreseeable future. I don't agree with how he did it as it left our team scrambling to find a replacement for him (which there's no way you replace Lebron). But, in hindsight it was a smart move given that his legacy is essentially complete.

Wade - They say if you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it. The Heat saw what happened with the Lakers and there was no way that we could free up more money to give him without giving him additional assets alongside McRoberts (that fucking contract!). Wade felt disrespected that the Heat gave Whiteside a max contract first before even contacting him first. Whiteside's in his 20's and has a lot of good basketball left; Wade's got maybe a year or two before he starts deteriorating.

Bosh - He's now had his 3rd blood clot in 2 1/2 years. This has come with muscle weakness as well that's compounded off his blood clotting issue. I knew the Heat were in the right from not letting him play from the start. Any sensible human being would understand where the Heat was coming from as they don't want Bosh to become the next Hank Gathers.