• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Bye Bosh

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Bosh Retweeted
LeBron James ‏@KingJames Sep 21

LeBron James Retweeted Hot Hot Hoops

An amazing story and even more amazing piece of directing. So proud of my brother CB @chrisbosh for this!

LeBron James added,

Hot Hot Hoops @hothothoops
Chris Bosh reveals his true thoughts on blood clot diagnosis in new documentary Bosh discusses his comeback in new documentary
691 retweets 2,498 likes

if IT IS AT ALL PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE that he can at all get on the court in a safe manner- bring him in to Cleveland! best hospital in the world is right down the street! If the Heat dont want to work with you- Cavs should give you a call- Dan Gilbert should go directly to the league officea nd see if it is at all physically possible to make it work by exhausting every avenue and every treatment option.

do everything in as transparent and helpful role as possible making Bosh feel welcome and show that you are on the same side instead of being adversaries. Ancillary benefit of screwing over the Heat I AM SURE would appeal to Dan G.---- but first and foremost- working WITH Bosh and not against him to do everything possible should be the priority---- BUT - letting the final say go to the League Office because no matter what- the Cavs - or whoever else- would clearly be at a conflict of interest.

Put it in the League's impartial hands and do everything you can to support the guy. THATS how you build a relationship and reputation around the league---- not by isolating, lowballing, fighting against your best players.

He discusses how he felt "written off" by the Miami Heat after meeting with team doctors who told him he was done. Bosh felt it wasn’t a matter of if he was returning, but when.

Last edited:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he retires though?
He'd have to retire citing health being the reason and that's how he'd still get paid- it would help both sides if done that way

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Bosh Retweeted

An amazing story and even more amazing piece of directing. So proud of my brother CB @chrisbosh for this!

LeBron James added,

Chris Bosh reveals his true thoughts on blood clot diagnosis in new documentary Bosh discusses his comeback in new documentary
691 retweets 2,498 likes

if IT IS AT ALL PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE that he can at all get on the court in a safe manner- bring him in to Cleveland! best hospital in the world is right down the street! If the Heat dont want to work with you- Cavs should give you a call- Dan Gilbert should go directly to the league officea nd see if it is at all physically possible to make it work by exhausting every avenue and every treatment option.

do everything in as transparent and helpful role as possible making Bosh feel welcome and show that you are on the same side instead of being adversaries. Ancillary benefit of screwing over the Heat I AM SURE would appeal to Dan G.---- but first and foremost- working WITH Bosh and not against him to do everything possible should be the priority---- BUT - letting the final say go to the League Office because no matter what- the Cavs - or whoever else- would clearly be at a conflict of interest.

Put it in the League's impartial hands and do everything you can to support the guy. THATS how you build a relationship and reputation around the league---- not by isolating, lowballing, fighting against your best players.

He discusses how he felt "written off" by the Miami Heat after meeting with team doctors who told him he was done. Bosh felt it wasn’t a matter of if he was returning, but when.

Uh huh. And dude can't even pass a physical. Good luck with that.

Love to see the spin job on that one if Bosh was convinced to play for the Cavs because of Lebron, then dropped dead on the court.

I may have a very colorful and derogatory approach in conversations. But you're the one hoping that the Cavs get at the Heat in some way, regardless of if it costs Bosh his life. But yet, I'm the scumbag.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he retires though?
he wouldnt retire- because then he is not owed any money. the heat would LOVE it if he just came out and retired since they would save both the money and the cap.

As it is- if they dont think he should play and hold him off the court--- if he INSISTS he wants to play- it will either end up A. in court or B. in the league office.

the heat could just release him and apply for cap relief but if he comes back and plays 25 games with another team they are royally screwed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh. And dude can't even pass a physical. Good luck with that.

Love to see the spin job on that one if Bosh was convinced to play for the Cavs because of Lebron, then dropped dead on the court.

I may have a very colorful and derogatory approach in conversations. But you're the one hoping that the Cavs get at the Heat in some way, regardless of if it costs Bosh his life. But yet, I'm the scumbag.
obviously reading comprehension is something you lack.

"IT IS AT ALL PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE that he can at all get on the court in a safe manner"

"an Gilbert should go directly to the league officea nd see if it is at all physically possible to make it work by exhausting every avenue and every treatment option."

"letting the final say go to the League Office because no matter what- the Cavs - or whoever else- would clearly be at a conflict of interest."

or when all else fails- hire an attorney and litigate the fuck out of it! Id be so freaking pumped to have Bosh be the Cavs 3rd/4th big man, play 15-20 a night and help LeBron raise another Larry O Brien trophy-- get him treatment down the road at one of- if not the best hospital in the world- and it would simultaneously fuck the Heats cap space for years to come!!!! would LOVE IT! Be sure if there is a way- and LeBron and Bosh dicuss it- LeBron will have Dan G and David G find it.

I said exactly what i said from the beginning- take all the emotion and confict of interests out of it---- and give it to an impartial arbiter to decide so its actually a legitimate decision.

make Bosh feel like you are on his side- instead of against him- unlike what they Heat have done- but leave the ultimate decision to an impartial arbiter like the league- unliket he Heat who are unilaterally dictating to him from a position where there interets are conflicted.

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously reading comprehension is something you lack.

"IT IS AT ALL PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE that he can at all get on the court in a safe manner"

"an Gilbert should go directly to the league officea nd see if it is at all physically possible to make it work by exhausting every avenue and every treatment option."

"letting the final say go to the League Office because no matter what- the Cavs - or whoever else- would clearly be at a conflict of interest."

or when all else fails- hire an attorney and litigate the fuck out of it! Id be so freaking pumped to have Bosh be the Cavs 3rd/4th big man, play 15-20 a night and help LeBron raise another Larry O Brien trophy will simultaneously fucking the Heats cap space for years to come!!!! would LOVE IT!

make Bosh feel like you are on his side- instead of against him- unlike what they Heat have done- but leave the ultimate decision to an impartial arbiter like the league- unliket he Heat who are unilaterally dictating to him from a position where there interets are conflicted.

See this right here is why you fail to comprehend shit. Bosh wants to play, the Heat are preventing him from being his own worse enemy. Is it worth playing again if you have a good chance of dying on the court?

Also, it's going viral in South Florida sports right now that it was found that he had once again, another set back with clotting from his recent episode in February. So if true, that's now 3 occurrences of blood clots in a year and a half.

And yeah, your little condescending tones is why I treat you the way I do. Just in case you feel like getting into your feelings again like you did in the offseason thread.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read somewhere in the past that the Heat will pay Bosh the remainder of his contract though. They just want to move on and get him off the books though. Remember, contracts in the NBA are guaranteed. Bosh wants to continue playing as well as get one more contract in before his career's done.

pretty sure he still gets his dough like Turnup said earlier...

I figured that if you willingly walk away you wont get paid, just makes sense to me. So this could be a hostage situation, im sure the Heat would be happy to keep him in house and not on a competitors team. This will probably get arbitrated at some point.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured that if you willingly walk away you wont get paid, just makes sense to me. So this could be a hostage situation, im sure the Heat would be happy to keep him in house and not on a competitors team. This will probably get arbitrated at some point.

Yeah the NBA is definitely going to get involved. Bosh's next step will be either to appeal or get another "doctor" to pass his physical. At that point, an NBA assigns their own physician to look at Bosh. Which, any billion dollar corporation will protect their assets and not risk a player that has re-occurring blood clots from walking on the court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this right here is why you fail to comprehend shit. Bosh wants to play, the Heat are preventing him from being his own worse enemy. Is it worth playing again if you have a good chance of dying on the court?

Also, it's going viral in South Florida sports right now that it was found that he had once again, another set back with clotting from his recent episode in February. So if true, that's now 3 occurrences of blood clots in a year and a half.

And yeah, your little condescending tones is why I treat you the way I do. Just in case you feel like getting into your feelings again like you did in the offseason thread.
omg you cant read

I SAID TAKE BOSH OUT OF IT TOO- take Bosh out of it- take the Heat out of it- any other team interested in Bosh- its too emotional and there is more at stake for ALL those parties.

Give it to an impartial objective 3rd party to make the decision- not the fucking Heat OR Bosh.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.....okay- you are saying my "condescending tones" upset you? did you lose your testicles?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Bosh Retweeted

LeBron James added,

691 retweets 2,498 likes

BY BARRY JACKSON

• Doctors found more evidence of blood clotting in Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh, derailing his attempted comeback, according to a source.

The complication, believed to be in his lung, involved evidence of some continued clotting and is believed to be related to one of two previous blood clot episodes. Those episodes sidelined Bosh after the All-Star break each of the past two seasons.

Though the complication is not considered life-threatening if treated, it requires medication and playing with it is considered unrealistic.

Bosh was diagnosed with a blood clot that traveled from his leg to his lung in February 2015 and was diagnosed with a clot in his calf this past February.

The Heat had gone into this week expecting to clear Bosh to resume his career this season, according to multiple sources briefed on the situation. But his clearance by the Heat always was contingent on Bosh passing his physical and no issues surfacing during a battery of Heat-administered medical tests this week.

And when an issue arose in blood work this week, the Heat concluded he could not be cleared to return.

A statement released Friday afternoon by the Heat said, “the Miami Heat and Chris Bosh, in consultation with team doctors and other physicians, have been working together for many months with the mutual goal of having Chris return to the court as soon as possible. Chris has now taken his preseason physical. The Miami Heat regret that it remains unable to clear Chris to return to basketball activities, and there is no timetable for his return.”

The NBA collective bargaining agreement forbids teams from announcing some medical information without a player’s consent.

Blood clots are gel-like clumps of blood that can be dangerous, potentially life-threatening if not treated quickly with blood thinners or anti-coagulants. There is a risk of playing sports while on blood thinners, because of the potential for bleeding if a player is cut.

The Heat was receptive to allowing Bosh to play while taking a new form of medication that would be out of his system by game time, a regimen used by National Hockey League player Tomas Fleischmann. But that was contingent on Bosh having no red flags in medical tests conducted this week.

Though it’s unclear if Bosh will attempt to play again, he is not expected to file a grievance with the union or push to return in the immediate future, amid this latest setback.

Bosh’s season ended prematurely with blood clots each of the past two seasons, both times at the All-Star break. The first clot, diagnosed in 2015, traveled from his leg to his lung. The second episode, this past February, began with discomfort in his calf.

The Heat has declined to comment about Bosh for the past two months, beyond an Aug. 31 tweet from owner Micky Arison saying he would see Bosh in training camp. Miami opens camp Tuesday in the Bahamas and begins the regular season on Oct. 26 in Orlando.

Bosh, 32, is due $76 million over the next three seasons of his five-year, $118 million contract. And while he is expected to be paid all of that even if he doesn’t play again, there is a mechanism for the Heat to clear his substantial cap hits for the final two seasons of the contract — $25.3 million in 2017-18 and $26.8 million in 2018-19.

The Heat cannot apply to remove Bosh’s salary from its cap until Feb. 9, the anniversary of his last game.

The Heat, at that point, would need to release Bosh, and his remaining salary then would be cleared from Miami’s cap if “a doctor that is jointly selected by the league and players association agree his condition is career-ending, or severe enough to put him at risk if he continues playing,” according to the NBA’s labor agreement.

That cap relief, which now seems likely to be granted, would leave the Heat with about $42 million in salary cap space next summer, with a projected $102 million NBA cap. That figure could rise if forward Josh McRoberts exercises an opt-out next summer or if salary is shed in trades.

If Bosh eventually proves doctors wrong and returns to play, he would not be permitted to play for the Heat.

If he joined another team and played at least 25 games, his salary of $25.3 million in 2017-18 and $26.8 million in 2018-19 would go back on the Heat’s cap.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg you cant read

I SAID TAKE BOSH OUT OF IT TOO- take Bosh out of it- take the Heat out of it- any other team interested in Bosh- its too emotional and there is more at stake for ALL those parties.

Give it to an impartial objective 3rd party to make the decision- not the fucking Heat OR Bosh.

I've been saying that for weeks how this was going to be handled. You just now started jumping on that wagon.

I know how this is going to end up - the NBA won't allow him to play either. Considering it looks like he just had another bout with blood clots.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....okay- you are saying my "condescending tones" upset you? did you lose your testicles?

Not at all. Your incessant posts about how I resort to insults gets a bit tiresome and old.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BY BARRY JACKSON

• Doctors found more evidence of blood clotting in Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh, derailing his attempted comeback, according to a source.

The complication, believed to be in his lung, involved evidence of some continued clotting and is believed to be related to one of two previous blood clot episodes. Those episodes sidelined Bosh after the All-Star break each of the past two seasons.

Though the complication is not considered life-threatening if treated, it requires medication and playing with it is considered unrealistic.

Bosh was diagnosed with a blood clot that traveled from his leg to his lung in February 2015 and was diagnosed with a clot in his calf this past February.

The Heat had gone into this week expecting to clear Bosh to resume his career this season, according to multiple sources briefed on the situation. But his clearance by the Heat always was contingent on Bosh passing his physical and no issues surfacing during a battery of Heat-administered medical tests this week.

And when an issue arose in blood work this week, the Heat concluded he could not be cleared to return.

A statement released Friday afternoon by the Heat said, “the Miami Heat and Chris Bosh, in consultation with team doctors and other physicians, have been working together for many months with the mutual goal of having Chris return to the court as soon as possible. Chris has now taken his preseason physical. The Miami Heat regret that it remains unable to clear Chris to return to basketball activities, and there is no timetable for his return.”

The NBA collective bargaining agreement forbids teams from announcing some medical information without a player’s consent.

Blood clots are gel-like clumps of blood that can be dangerous, potentially life-threatening if not treated quickly with blood thinners or anti-coagulants. There is a risk of playing sports while on blood thinners, because of the potential for bleeding if a player is cut.

The Heat was receptive to allowing Bosh to play while taking a new form of medication that would be out of his system by game time, a regimen used by National Hockey League player Tomas Fleischmann. But that was contingent on Bosh having no red flags in medical tests conducted this week.

Though it’s unclear if Bosh will attempt to play again, he is not expected to file a grievance with the union or push to return in the immediate future, amid this latest setback.

Bosh’s season ended prematurely with blood clots each of the past two seasons, both times at the All-Star break. The first clot, diagnosed in 2015, traveled from his leg to his lung. The second episode, this past February, began with discomfort in his calf.

The Heat has declined to comment about Bosh for the past two months, beyond an Aug. 31 tweet from owner Micky Arison saying he would see Bosh in training camp. Miami opens camp Tuesday in the Bahamas and begins the regular season on Oct. 26 in Orlando.

Bosh, 32, is due $76 million over the next three seasons of his five-year, $118 million contract. And while he is expected to be paid all of that even if he doesn’t play again, there is a mechanism for the Heat to clear his substantial cap hits for the final two seasons of the contract — $25.3 million in 2017-18 and $26.8 million in 2018-19.

The Heat cannot apply to remove Bosh’s salary from its cap until Feb. 9, the anniversary of his last game.

The Heat, at that point, would need to release Bosh, and his remaining salary then would be cleared from Miami’s cap if “a doctor that is jointly selected by the league and players association agree his condition is career-ending, or severe enough to put him at risk if he continues playing,” according to the NBA’s labor agreement.

That cap relief, which now seems likely to be granted, would leave the Heat with about $42 million in salary cap space next summer, with a projected $102 million NBA cap. That figure could rise if forward Josh McRoberts exercises an opt-out next summer or if salary is shed in trades.

If Bosh eventually proves doctors wrong and returns to play, he would not be permitted to play for the Heat.

If he joined another team and played at least 25 games, his salary of $25.3 million in 2017-18 and $26.8 million in 2018-19 would go back on the Heat’s cap.

im saying its dumb of the Heat to even make their own ruling no matter WHAT it is based on. Even if there was 100% iron clad concrete proof they were not acting out of self- interst they should still refer it out to avoid the appearance of any impropriety- but more importantly- to cover their ass against any other team screwing them over in the future.

Im not saying the Heat are wrong- Imno t saying BOsh is wrong- im saying what i have said from the beginning- me and you dont know the whole story--- Bosh, the Heat, any other team- are intersted parties with conflicts and should let an impartial 3rd party arbiter make the decision.

They should acknowledge the conflict of interest and ask the league to take on this issue.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im saying its dumb of the Heat to even make their own ruling no matter WHAT it is based on. Even if there was 100% iron clad concrete proof they were not acting out of self- interst they should still refer it out to avoid the appearance of any impropriety- but more importantly- to cover their ass against any other team screwing them over in the future.

Im not saying the Heat are wrong- Imno t saying BOsh is wrong- im saying what i have said from the beginning- me and you dont know the whole story--- Bosh, the Heat, any other team- are intersted parties with conflicts and should let an impartial 3rd party arbiter make the decision.

They should acknowledge the conflict of interest and ask the league to take on this issue.

Possibly??, down the road if Bosh persists, but the Heats doctors are who they employ, know and trust.
It isn't some game, plot , or scheme.

You don't think I wish he could play?
You don't think the Heat wish he were healthy?

He was an all star last year, not some washed up scrub, and he's signed under the structure of the favorable salary cap from 2 years ago.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a swell guy Wiggy is wanting to put someone's life at risk solely for vindictive reasons. I doubt Gilbert feels the need to seek revenge on the Heat. Why would he?

This is unfortunate for Bosh. It must suck to have your livelihood ripped away and there is nothing you can really do about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly??, down the road if Bosh persists, but the Heats doctors are who they employ, know and trust.
It isn't some game, plot , or scheme.

You don't think I wish he could play?
You don't think the Heat wish he were healthy?

He was an all star last year, not some washed up scrub, and he's signed under the structure of the favorable salary cap from 2 years ago.
When any player signs a deal like Bosh did- its generally understood you arep aying a premium in years 3, 4 and 5 for years 1 and 2.

when you combine that with the uncertainty around Bosh- even if told he could play today- maybe 1 year from now something changes- To live with that type of uncertainty is death to an organizations ability to plan. ESPECIALLY for a team like the Heat who are realistically not doing much with or without Bosh.

that creates a conflict of interest.

If the Heat KNEW he could play the next 3 years no problem--- and you still said-- instead you can clear him off the cap right now and go into your rebuild- i think THAT is a question they would seriously havet o consider and that is ASSUMING he would be fine for all 3 years.

obviously there is a conflict of interest and emotion on both sides- and plenty of issues that are pertinent besides just the ability for Bosh to get on the court and play with limited risk on November 1st.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a swell guy Wiggy is wanting to put someone's life at risk solely for vindictive reasons. I doubt Gilbert feels the need to seek revenge on the Heat. Why would he?

This is unfortunate for Bosh. It must suck to have your livelihood ripped away and there is nothing you can really do about it.
omg. did you read the quote? he shouldnt be anywhere NEAR a court if an INDEPENDENT arbiter thinks he is at risk. I have always and still do maintain that. The Heat, Bosh, any team pursuing him- are NOT independent parties.