• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Busy winter for the White Sox?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, Ryu is a Boras client as well.

That really only leaves MadBum if they're going to be petty and blackball Boras...which the Dodgers are interested in...so yeah, we'll get outbid.
Sox should offer Bum $100MM over 5.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they don't sign one of those 3, it will look bad. The one thing about a rebuild is that all your farm talent is ON THE MLB ROSTER...so who the f*ck are we going to trade to get anyone decent? At least one decent FA starting pitcher is a must. This is go time for us if we want to actually STEP UP this next season. Sign the B/C guy like Keuchel...then go for the splash move next offseason. If our core sucks and we win some sh*t like 70 games again after doing that...Well, then we all just roll out the Kleenex.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, that may no longer be enough, thanks to the mega contracts for Wheeler, Strasburg and Cole, which only drives the prices from the bottom up. Prior to the start of the offseason, you couldn't find an analyst anywhere on the planet who would call for Bumgarner coming close to hitting the $100m mark. Now that may become the lowest figure. It's really gotten out of hand.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, that may no longer be enough, thanks to the mega contracts for Wheeler, Strasburg and Cole, which only drives the prices from the bottom up. Prior to the start of the offseason, you couldn't find an analyst anywhere on the planet who would call for Bumgarner coming close to hitting the $100m mark. Now that may become the lowest figure. It's really gotten out of hand.

Yeah...Well they wanted 2 pitchers according to Rick...so how about somebody tell him to sell Jerry that he can just have one for the price of one and a half and then spend the other half on hookers and blow in the Hamptons instead.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Gotta pay to play. Reinsdorf hasn’t even spent this winter what he offered to Machado. Time to shit or get off the pot, Jerry.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Gotta pay to play. Reinsdorf hasn’t even spent this winter what he offered to Machado. Time to shit or get off the pot, Jerry.
Could not agree more. And we also need to remember that $125 million was left on the table when Wheeler opted to sign with Philly. So the money's there.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potential, that's what they see. Plus a cheap contract with years left, that's what Reindorf sees. And they have yet to address their single biggest need, SP.
I listened to the rangers play by play announcer talk about him today on 670 the score and his description wasn’t pretty.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to the rangers play by play announcer talk about him today on 670 the score and his description wasn’t pretty.
In fairness, he's young and thruout history baseball has been chock full of players who took years to blossom into better players or had their careers jumpstart after going with a new team. Doesn't mean I'm happy with the trade, but he's a member of the White Sox now, so I'm willing to give him a chance.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, he's young and thruout history baseball has been chock full of players who took years to blossom into better players or had their careers jumpstart after going with a new team. Doesn't mean I'm happy with the trade, but he's a member of the White Sox now, so I'm willing to give him a chance.
Ya but it’s damning when a guy that called every gm of his career says he is a 1st baseman or dh. He is extremely slow and doesn’t read the ball off the bat well. Not the combo I’m looking for. That’s not even considering his offense

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he never intended on signing machado. that was for show.
But they had a seat at the table... media took that story and ran. Kenny and rick sounded like Miami (Ohio) going to get a 5 star recruit over Alabama

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't sign one of those 3, it will look bad. The one thing about a rebuild is that all your farm talent is ON THE MLB ROSTER...so who the f*ck are we going to trade to get anyone decent? At least one decent FA starting pitcher is a must. This is go time for us if we want to actually STEP UP this next season. Sign the B/C guy like Keuchel...then go for the splash move next offseason. If our core sucks and we win some sh*t like 70 games again after doing that...Well, then we all just roll out the Kleenex.
Yeah, once we get past our top 5 or 6, the talent does start to thin out. Part of my problem with trading prospects in the offseason is we still don't have a clue if we're going to be playoff contenders. There are always exceptions, but the general rule is you don't trade draft capital in the offseason unless you're already a bonafide playoff contender looking to reach the next level. I'd at least wait until the midseason trade deadline to see where we stand. Honestly, right now with the roster tentatively set as it is, I think we're still a year out. Hope I'm wrong, but my guess is a hell of a lot of things have to go right for us to be playing ball in October.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, once we get past our top 5 or 6, the talent does start to thin out. Part of my problem with trading prospects in the offseason is we still don't have a clue if we're going to be playoff contenders. There are always exceptions, but the general rule is you don't trade draft capital in the offseason unless you're already a bonafide playoff contender looking to reach the next level. I'd at least wait until the midseason trade deadline to see where we stand. Honestly, right now with the roster tentatively set as it is, I think we're still a year out. Hope I'm wrong, but my guess is a hell of a lot of things have to go right for us to be playing ball in October.

There's a lot of sh*tty teams in the AL...and we still finished 9th (sadly, a statistical OVERperformance...ouch) The Angels-who finished 10th in the AL at 1/2 game behind us-very likely just hopped us with Rendon. Not sure what the best path to the playoffs is, but we need TWO teams that won 21+ more games than us to fall in addition to us making a large, almost improbable, leap for us to move up. We've got a lot of work to do. Yasmani Grandal and Nomar Mazara are a far cry from that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of sh*tty teams in the AL...and we still finished 9th (sadly, a statistical OVERperformance...ouch) The Angels-who finished 10th in the AL at 1/2 game behind us-very likely just hopped us with Rendon. Not sure what the best path to the playoffs is, but we need TWO teams that won 21+ more games than us to fall in addition to us making a large, almost improbable, leap for us to move up. We've got a lot of work to do. Yasmani Grandal and Nomar Mazara are a far cry from that.
Here's another way to put it. Cleveland won 93 fucking games last year.........and still finished 3 games out of the WC race. That's a lot of ground to make up. Even if Cleveland falls back a bit, and if some of these trade rumors come true, they might just do that. But we'd still have to catch up to 96 win Tampa and 97 win Oakland.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another way to put it. Cleveland won 93 fucking games last year.........and still finished 3 games out of the WC race. That's a lot of ground to make up. Even if Cleveland falls back a bit, and if some of these trade rumors come true, they might just do that. But we'd still have to catch up to 96 win Tampa and 97 win Oakland.

Dallas Keuchel will change everything.

All that's left is for that one overly optimistic poster we have on here to come in and talk about how great we'll be in 2020.

*sighs*

Only chance of that is if our young core just goes bonkers...but...to a great extent a few of them did already last year...possibly unsustainable. (Tim Anderson and Giolito come to mind)

There's just as much a probability we are terrible as there is we go 90+ wins.

It's kind of fascinating, honestly. I've been ever so slightly sold that this team "could" do something when every goddamn intuitive radar I have is going off and saying "Dude, we're gonna suck hard. .500 is best case."

But that's the White Sox. They have sold us this bag of "rebuild" magic beans for years now and we're at that point that SOMETHING has to happen for the positive. Not a couple guys have good/great season...No. As a team, we need to actually take a step forward out of mediocrity and into some semblance of average to above average baseball AT WORST. Every goddamn team has a couple guys that have a good/great season. That doesn't mean sh*t.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1*nV-A2WgnO-pZKvNCbe60AA.jpeg

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Indians dumped their best pitcher.

Looks like the move that most improved our chances in the offseason is one made by our competition.

I mean...I'll take it...but...lulz.