• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Busy winter for the White Sox?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this virtually guarantees that Robert starts the season on the roster and likely manning the CF spot. It will reduce the roles of both Leury Garcia and Adam Engel. Garcia can still find plenty of playing time filling in at RF & 2b, perhaps platooning on either or both. He's also adept at 3b, SS, LF, and of course CF. Assuming the Sox do not make another positional move prior to breaking camp, Engel should be able to find a spot on the pine. He is the best OF glove in the entire organization, altho his somewhat weakish arm does not bode well for offering relief in RF. But if the Sox sign or trade for another OF, this could end his time with the organization.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give the Sox this much...They have their guys and plan and they're sticking to it.
Kinda reminds me of the 90's Cleveland team, who locked up some of their key young talent early. That core group helped cement the Tribe as one of the league's elite teams for almost a decade. I would love for the Sox to sustain a bunch of winning seasons, maybe even make it to the show a couple of times during this period. A little bit of wishful thinking, but we do seem to have the makings of a competitive club in the years ahead.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the Twins have signed Homer Bailey & Rich Hill, good luck fighting for second!! :L

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda reminds me of the 90's Cleveland team, who locked up some of their key young talent early. That core group helped cement the Tribe as one of the league's elite teams for almost a decade. I would love for the Sox to sustain a bunch of winning seasons, maybe even make it to the show a couple of times during this period. A little bit of wishful thinking, but we do seem to have the makings of a competitive club in the years ahead.

This stuff can change on a dime. For every Big Frank or Tim Anderson, there's a Brian Anderson or Joe Borchard. Until these guys produce consistently on the field...I don't give a sh*t how much we paid them or what their non-mlb credentials are.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the Twins have signed Homer Bailey & Rich Hill, good luck fighting for second!! :L

They're going after the Donaldson guy too.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going after the Donaldson guy too.

IMO if he was gonna sign with the Twins he already would have. Haven't seen anything lately but I think he's waiting until the Braves make their final offer, he doesn't wanna leave...

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO if he was gonna sign with the Twins he already would have. Haven't seen anything lately but I think he's waiting until the Braves make their final offer, he doesn't wanna leave...
If the rumors of a 4 year offer from MN are true, Twins have as good a shot as any.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors of a 4 year offer from MN are true, Twins have as good a shot as any.

Washington offered him 4 years as well. He would be the biggest free agent signing in the history of the club. I just don't see it happening.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how's this kid looking for next year?

-------------------------------------------

The Chicago White Sox selected Oregon State Beavers' second baseman Nick Madrigal with the No. 4 pick in the 2018 MLB draft on Monday, making him the highest-drafted player in OSU history.Jun 5, 2018
MLB draft: Oregon State's Nick Madrigal selected No. 4 overall ...

https://www.oregonlive.com › beavers › 2018/06 › nick_madrigal_mlb_draf...
Assuming he doesn't get injured, look to see Madrigal join the club at some point in late April to mid May. He's everything the Sox were hoping for when they drafted him, at least from the minor league level. Solid with the bat, altho he's primarily a singles/doubles hitter, great defense, good speed, rarely whiffs, which is almost unheard of these days. Can't wait to see him on the parent roster.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how's this kid looking for next year?

-------------------------------------------

The Chicago White Sox selected Oregon State Beavers' second baseman Nick Madrigal with the No. 4 pick in the 2018 MLB draft on Monday, making him the highest-drafted player in OSU history.Jun 5, 2018
MLB draft: Oregon State's Nick Madrigal selected No. 4 overall ...

https://www.oregonlive.com › beavers › 2018/06 › nick_madrigal_mlb_draf...
He will definitely be in MLB at some point next season. The kid rarely strikes out. Rare these days.