• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Busy winter for the White Sox?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I read today was that in September - the White Sox are leading the MLB in batting average and are 2nd in OBP, Slugging and OPS. There's certainly some good pieces in place. I would even say that the core of the lineup is mostly there. The issue is that there's a couple of GAPING leaks that just bleed all over the place towards the bottom of our lineup.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I read today was that in September - the White Sox are leading the MLB in batting average and are 2nd in OBP, Slugging and OPS. There's certainly some good pieces in place. I would even say that the core of the lineup is mostly there. The issue is that there's a couple of GAPING leaks that just bleed all over the place towards the bottom of our lineup.
You read correctly my good man. The Sox have had a most successful September, at least with the bats. So to me that does offer a glimmer of hope. But I'm sure we all agree that Hahn must be aggressive in this offseason to help seal those gaping leaks to which you describe.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ...... couple things that bothered me. i don't like even suggesting moving moncada. bet he wouldn't be crazy about it either. the other is abreu moving to dh ... whether he likes it or not. as far as i am concerned we are SET at 3rd and short. and saving 2nd for madrigal.
why must jose stay at first? no clue! frankly i'm not sure they need ANY new hitters. anyone who be a serious improvement would cost more than they're worth. with robert on the way i think we're fine in the outfield.

it's PITCHING!
that is where the money should go. PERIOD!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s nice to see the bats end the season strong but 12 of those games were against detroit, kc, the angels, and Seattle. 4 of the worst pitching staffs in baseball

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ...... couple things that bothered me. i don't like even suggesting moving moncada. bet he wouldn't be crazy about it either. the other is abreu moving to dh ... whether he likes it or not. as far as i am concerned we are SET at 3rd and short. and saving 2nd for madrigal.
why must jose stay at first? no clue! frankly i'm not sure they need ANY new hitters. anyone who be a serious improvement would cost more than they're worth. with robert on the way i think we're fine in the outfield.

it's PITCHING!
that is where the money should go. PERIOD!
I think when the article was referencing moving Moncada, that was on the hypothetical that we'd go after Rendon, which I'll wager any amount of internet money is NOT going to happen. First off, we have no need for a 3b, Rendon's obvious talent notwithstanding. Secondly, he will most likely command the biggest contract this winter, so why tie up such a huge pool of funds, which will reduce Hahn's ability to sign additional players.

Altho I also think we need more than just pitching help, I too would place an emphasis on this as well. I don't think we'll be shooting for Cole, but there are a number of second tier starters that I think Hahn will pursue. And I also see him going after an OF and/or a player who would likely man the DH spot. The Sox had the worst DH stats in the entire league, so this must be improved. Assuming Abreu signs, I'm guessing they'll leave him at 1b.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when the article was referencing moving Moncada, that was on the hypothetical that we'd go after Rendon, which I'll wager any amount of internet money is NOT going to happen. First off, we have no need for a 3b, Rendon's obvious talent notwithstanding. Secondly, he will most likely command the biggest contract this winter, so why tie up such a huge pool of funds, which will reduce Hahn's ability to sign additional players.

Altho I also think we need more than just pitching help, I too would place an emphasis on this as well. I don't think we'll be shooting for Cole, but there are a number of second tier starters that I think Hahn will pursue. And I also see him going after an OF and/or a player who would likely man the DH spot. The Sox had the worst DH stats in the entire league, so this must be improved. Assuming Abreu signs, I'm guessing they'll leave him at 1b.

they'd be asses to not go after cole imo. expensive? sure, but haven't they been saving for years now? they should be able to afford him and if they're serious about winning it all then you don't just go for second tier guys. this is NOT the time to be cheapskates. with the exception of abreu (and maybe colome if they still have him next season) they are getting deals on everyone else. time to open the freaking wallet!

if they leave abreu at first then they're as stupid as many say they are. he sucks at first. if he'll do anything to play for the sox then he'll dh and keep his mouth shut about it. no reason to not put a decent fielder at first base.

there! i feel better.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'd be asses to not go after cole imo. expensive? sure, but haven't they been saving for years now? they should be able to afford him and if they're serious about winning it all then you don't just go for second tier guys. this is NOT the time to be cheapskates. with the exception of abreu (and maybe colome if they still have him next season) they are getting deals on everyone else. time to open the freaking wallet!

if they leave abreu at first then they're as stupid as many say they are. he sucks at first. if he'll do anything to play for the sox then he'll dh and keep his mouth shut about it. no reason to not put a decent fielder at first base.

there! i feel better.

A cathartic moment, yes? LOL

Look, the better question is who DOESN'T want Cole? And yes, I've said it several times now, the Sox probably have more financial wiggle room than perhaps any other team to offer a really big contract to someone like Cole. I would love to see them go for it, but my gut feeling tells me that while they may indeed make him a substantial offer, they won't get into what will inevitably become a bidding war. I truly hope I'm wrong tho.

As for Abreu, he's definitely never going to win a GG, but he's not as bad as you make him out to be. Yes, if we can find a an adequate 1b to replace him and move him to DH, fine. The problem is, the pickings at that position this offseason are pretty slim. Hey, I know, Yonder Alonso!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB.com is reporting that the Nationals are offering Rendon an extension in the neighborhood of 7 years/$215m. If true, I doubt it will be enough to prevent him from signing elsewhere, as there's bound to be a team that will top the offer.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB.com is reporting that the Nationals are offering Rendon an extension in the neighborhood of 7 years/$215m. If true, I doubt it will be enough to prevent him from signing elsewhere, as there's bound to be a team that will top the offer.
Sox will offer 7 yrs/170 and say it’s the better deal

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry opening that pocketbook!

I hope the next moves are Strasburg and one of Puig/Calhoun.

The bullpen needs a good arm too.

Don't stop now boys.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen such a 'they will/they won't' sign Ozuna that's going around, and not just this article below. Guess we'll know by Monday.

Are the White Sox about to sign Marcell Ozuna or not?

It's going to keep happening because we're being used by players' agents as leverage.

Yay.

On a positive note, I am pretty sure we will end up with a player or two before end of these meetings...on the B/C level. Just more bodies that hopefully don't hit under the Mendoza line or throw down 6+ ERA's....because I've had just about enough of that garbage.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats and Strasburg are in the process of agreeing to a 7/$245m contract. Cole must be grinning from ear to ear. Bumgarner too.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats and Strasburg are in the process of agreeing to a 7/$245m contract. Cole must be grinning from ear to ear. Bumgarner too.

Keuchel and some other B/C players. Nothing surprising here.