• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many late/undrafted Houston players I like in this years draft

S- Treveon Stewart
S- Adrian McDonald
WR- Demarcus Ayers
LB- Elandon Roberts
RB- Kenneth Farrow
RB- Ryan Jackson

They just make plays.
The Texans have undrafted players we can draft?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being Kubiak is from Houston you probably helped a few us out in the contest

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Geo!

Anyone see the interview with Jalen Ramsey?

Did he share too much information?

Talked about being spanked with a fireman's belt when he didn't behave. Now people questioning his character for sharing too much info?

Not quite sure about that one.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I do not want Connor Cook lol

1. Michigan State's Connor Cook registered a velocity measurement of just 50 miles per hour on the radar gun at the NFL Combine.
Paxton Lynch (59 MPH), Jared Goff (58), and Carson Wentz (57) all exhibited strong velocity at the Combine. Per Rotoviz's Jon Moore via Ourlads' Dan Shonka, Cook's miles-per-hour measurement was the weakest of all quarterbacks invited to Indianapolis. Cook also opted out of the Senior Bowl, which is where NFL scouts assess throwing strength live. A big-named passer in college, Cook is likely headed for a draft-day plunge. And there are several additional red flags on Cook not related to his underwhelming passing ability.

2. Speaking about Michigan State QB Connor Cook, an anonymous scout said "the person kills him."
"Selfish," the scout said. "He goes out too much. It's a tell-tale sign when your teammates don't like you, and I know they don't." Questions about Cook's demeanor have persisted for some time now. It's unideal for a prospect who will never draw raves for his passing efficiency. Another scout said "the owner needs to fire the GM right after they pick him if someone takes him in the first (round)." It's not outside the realm of possibility that Cook falls to day three.

3. Michigan State QB Connor Cook is ESPN analyst Jon Gruden's top quarterback prospect in this year's class.
"He's gonna be I think perhaps the best quarterback in this year's draft," Gruden said. Cook has been getting anonymously slammed through the media over the past week, and Gruden is probably the only one who thinks this highly of him. "I'm a big believer in body of work, and Connor Cook's body of work at the college level is as good as anyone in this draft and in many drafts that I've seen in recent years," Gruden said. "He's 34-5. He beat five top 10 teams. He's the all-time leading passer at Michigan State." Cook could be picked anywhere from the late first round to day three.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I do not want Connor Cook lol

1. Michigan State's Connor Cook registered a velocity measurement of just 50 miles per hour on the radar gun at the NFL Combine.
Paxton Lynch (59 MPH), Jared Goff (58), and Carson Wentz (57) all exhibited strong velocity at the Combine. Per Rotoviz's Jon Moore via Ourlads' Dan Shonka, Cook's miles-per-hour measurement was the weakest of all quarterbacks invited to Indianapolis. Cook also opted out of the Senior Bowl, which is where NFL scouts assess throwing strength live. A big-named passer in college, Cook is likely headed for a draft-day plunge. And there are several additional red flags on Cook not related to his underwhelming passing ability.

2. Speaking about Michigan State QB Connor Cook, an anonymous scout said "the person kills him."
"Selfish," the scout said. "He goes out too much. It's a tell-tale sign when your teammates don't like you, and I know they don't." Questions about Cook's demeanor have persisted for some time now. It's unideal for a prospect who will never draw raves for his passing efficiency. Another scout said "the owner needs to fire the GM right after they pick him if someone takes him in the first (round)." It's not outside the realm of possibility that Cook falls to day three.

3. Michigan State QB Connor Cook is ESPN analyst Jon Gruden's top quarterback prospect in this year's class.
"He's gonna be I think perhaps the best quarterback in this year's draft," Gruden said. Cook has been getting anonymously slammed through the media over the past week, and Gruden is probably the only one who thinks this highly of him. "I'm a big believer in body of work, and Connor Cook's body of work at the college level is as good as anyone in this draft and in many drafts that I've seen in recent years," Gruden said. "He's 34-5. He beat five top 10 teams. He's the all-time leading passer at Michigan State." Cook could be picked anywhere from the late first round to day three.
Yeah and what's really crazy is there's talk about teams trading back into first for Cook and Hack. Unbelievable.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we are all influenced by group think. At least I'll admit that I am. The single biggest example this year is Nkemdiche. If you read Orange Mane and Mile High Report, he is the player more posters want to see at 31 than anyone else. And over here, we almost universally fear that he would be the biggest bust we could possibly draft.

Just interesting to me.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is a turd flush him .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devontae Booker might be a sliding a bit.

8 on his wonderlic (Not gonna kill his stock) but combine that with some past character concerns and his pass blocking and he could fall a bit....

I'd do a flip for him in round 3. ;)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I am really influenced by groupthink... not completely... I post on multiple sites and make up my mind myself... that said, some of us do have similar brainwaves here... idk lol I would like to think we are pretty independent in our analytics of the game and what it takes to build a winning team

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did use to like Nkemdiche... when i only watched film of him... but man... so many red flags

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did use to like Nkemdiche... when i only watched film of him... but man... so many red flags

This was me too. 2 months ago when he was still talked about as a top-10 pick possibly I remember mentioning he could be the character player that falls right to the Broncos like the last few years. I was excited at that idea that he could be an even better version of Malik Jackson for us. If we take him I will be cautiously optimistic as I love the locker room we have in place to help him out and the coaching staff to work on him with his weaknesses and lack of motivation. At the same time though he definitely would not be my top choice if he is there. When a player has off the field issues, questions about his motor, won't own up to his mistakes even to the public...For me that is just too much. It really is hard though with him when you do see him just blow up a play and go Wow! but really not want the player. He can be as good or as bad as he wants to be. Those players scare the heck out of me that they just choose what they want for the future. They usually seem to choose to be bad or at least until the contract year then blow it up get paid and then go back to mediocre play.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a Player that is a Football player .One that is always flowing to the Football . I see him trying but half the time he is on a goose chase . I get it coaches have things you cover all the same he does not flow to the football well .. He is a NT and that is all he is .. He sure is not the best NT either that IMO is Austin Johnson, DT, Penn St who I could see us taking in the first round production and no BS .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devontae Booker might be a sliding a bit.

8 on his wonderlic (Not gonna kill his stock) but combine that with some past character concerns and his pass blocking and he could fall a bit....

I'd do a flip for him in round 3. ;)
I agree.. rd 3... would be worthy
This was me too. 2 months ago when he was still talked about as a top-10 pick possibly I remember mentioning he could be the character player that falls right to the Broncos like the last few years. I was excited at that idea that he could be an even better version of Malik Jackson for us. If we take him I will be cautiously optimistic as I love the locker room we have in place to help him out and the coaching staff to work on him with his weaknesses and lack of motivation. At the same time though he definitely would not be my top choice if he is there. When a player has off the field issues, questions about his motor, won't own up to his mistakes even to the public...For me that is just too much. It really is hard though with him when you do see him just blow up a play and go Wow! but really not want the player. He can be as good or as bad as he wants to be. Those players scare the heck out of me that they just choose what they want for the future. They usually seem to choose to be bad or at least until the contract year then blow it up get paid and then go back to mediocre play.
I just don`t think he is in love with the game. That`s doesn`t usually work out so verdy goot

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal is we really don't have a NT in the general statement . Yes we line up guys there but they are not real NT's more hybrid most still can play DE .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.. rd 3... would be worthy

I just don`t think he is in love with the game. That`s doesn`t usually work out so verdy goot

Like I said I can get behind the pick because I do know when he wants to he is easily a top-5 pick in this draft talent wise. So I will hope that the Broncos strong locker room can get this guy on the right path and we can see such talent show up. At the same time I will be waiting to hear of the next stupid thing he does or all of a sudden see a team run right at him and he get blown back 5 yards because he had decided to take the play off. He would definitely be a major risk with a possible major reward.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think fans want DL because Malik left and Robert is a top 10 talentt. Just like they want to take crap QB's just because we are in dire need of one.

I thought Robert might be Denver's #1 target if he slipped but, I'm thinking something else now.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually thinking LB might be target at 31 or even a trade up to 24 for one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually thinking LB might be target at 31 or even a trade up to 24 for one.

What linebacker are you thinking then? I can't see them going pass rusher with using a 1st round pick on one last year and the emergence of Shaq Barrett. I guess I could see a guy like Darron Lee if he just happened to fall that far but I doubt he would be there. Reggie Ragland is another option to help out in the middle but not sure he is the best fit for our defense. We ask our ILB's to play a ton of man coverage and he is better suited in zone.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we are all influenced by group think. At least I'll admit that I am. The single biggest example this year is Nkemdiche. If you read Orange Mane and Mile High Report, he is the player more posters want to see at 31 than anyone else. And over here, we almost universally fear that he would be the biggest bust we could possibly draft.

Just interesting to me.

Yes, I have always noticed this trend.
I don't think I am really influenced by groupthink... not completely... I post on multiple sites and make up my mind myself... that said, some of us do have similar brainwaves here... idk lol I would like to think we are pretty independent in our analytics of the game and what it takes to build a winning team

Same here, but it. Is very common like George said. It was like that at KFFL and here.. Nothing wrong with it, not everyone has the time to watch college football. (Something Ill never be willing to give up in my life :)), so people often start researching and reading draft opinions after the season to form their own.