• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I did account for it sort of. Just not for the reason that you are pushing. I said that he is entering his 3rd year when his bosses expect more results. So then putting your future in the hands of a rookie that honestly needs to sit a year is maybe not the best course of action.

O'Brien Comments on How Osweiler Fits with Texans

Bill O'Brien portrays himself as the mastermind behind the Oz acquisition - either he is peddling as fast as he can to pretend he is in charge - or maybe the guy who calls "Christmas - a distraction" really was the master mind behind the Oz signing - and over payment.

He started a freshman QB in the Big 10 who had a great season - traded that season for a big time job in the NFL - but when his former freshman QB is available in the draft and a value pickup - he panics and overpays for a QB with 7 starts in the NFL. This is the season after - the Denver Broncos win the NFL championship with a defense (similar to the one he as in Houston) - that made a .88 QB rating into a Super Bowl victory. Drafting Hack - would have lengthened his stay in Houston - as he could have set expectations lower for Hack's development. Is he too dumb to figure this out?

I'd say there is plenty more evidence on my side of this equation that O'Brien doesn't want any part of Hackenberg as his QB in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien Comments on How Osweiler Fits with Texans

Bill O'Brien portrays himself as the mastermind behind the Oz acquisition - either he is peddling as fast as he can to pretend he is in charge - or maybe the guy who calls "Christmas - a distraction" really was the master mind behind the Oz signing - and over payment.

He started a freshman QB in the Big 10 who had a great season - traded that season for a big time job in the NFL - but when his former freshman QB is available in the draft and a value pickup - he panics and overpays for a QB with 7 starts in the NFL. This is the season after - the Denver Broncos win the NFL championship with a defense (similar to the one he as in Houston) - that made a .88 QB rating into a Super Bowl victory. Drafting Hack - would have lengthened his stay in Houston - as he could have set expectations lower for Hack's development. Is he too dumb to figure this out?

I'd say there is plenty more evidence on my side of this equation that O'Brien doesn't want any part of Hackenberg as his QB in the NFL.

Maybe you are right. I do know the owner though told his GM to get Osweiler no matter the cost. They have said as much. So to me when the owner who has to foot the bill says something like that then to me that is more their decision than that of the coach. Now I am sure O'Brien had some say in the matter. To me though they know when a guy like JJ Watt is speaking that he only plans to play 5 more years that the clock is ticking to do something great. So taking a QB that has proven he can play in the NFL and has 4 years of actual learning under his belt compared to a rookie makes sense. Throw in they had the cap space to spend the money so might as well spend it on a QB that they trust.

Also nowhere have I seen that Houston wants nothing to do with Hackenberg. My guess is they don't view him as a 1st round pick but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was there in the 2nd that they would still take him. Teams always need quality back ups and plus always good to bring in competition to push the starter and have the best man win.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would surprise me if they pick Hack - because it would undermine Oz and be a distraction in Houston

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would surprise me if they pick Hack - because it would undermine Oz and be a distraction in Houston

I guess it wouldn't surprise me at all. They have the connection between coach and player. Right now they don't have a viable back up. What I remember about Osweiler is that he struggled with getting the ball out on time and took some big time hits. We all saw him get pretty banged up in that 7-game window for starting. How is he going to handle a full season worth of hits? To me you need a quality back up and well there really isn't much affordable on the open market so draft is the next best thing.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it wouldn't surprise me at all. They have the connection between coach and player. Right now they don't have a viable back up. What I remember about Osweiler is that he struggled with getting the ball out on time and took some big time hits. We all saw him get pretty banged up in that 7-game window for starting. How is he going to handle a full season worth of hits? To me you need a quality back up and well there really isn't much affordable on the open market so draft is the next best thing.

No, your logic is correct - but politically - it would be difficult to spend top dollar for Oz and then draft Hack - with a well known connection to the head coach as the backup - especially with a high pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, your logic is correct - but politically - it would be difficult to spend top dollar for Oz and then draft Hack - with a well known connection to the head coach as the backup - especially with a high pick.

I guess to me if I am the FO/Coaching staff if my $18 million QB can't handle some competition then he doesn't deserve to be paid like he is. Osweiler should know he still has to go out and earn the starting job even though he is paid like a starter. He hasn't proven anything right now. The reason to me above all else though that Hackenberg makes sense to Houston is because he already knows the offense and played well in that system. It would be different from any other rookie that would join that team as they would have to learn the entire playbook plus most have not played in anything resembling a pro system. So if Osweiler goes down Hackenberg would be the top choice to come in and maybe stand a chance of success.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me if I am the FO/Coaching staff if my $18 million QB can't handle some competition then he doesn't deserve to be paid like he is. Osweiler should know he still has to go out and earn the starting job even though he is paid like a starter. He hasn't proven anything right now. The reason to me above all else though that Hackenberg makes sense to Houston is because he already knows the offense and played well in that system. It would be different from any other rookie that would join that team as they would have to learn the entire playbook plus most have not played in anything resembling a pro system. So if Osweiler goes down Hackenberg would be the top choice to come in and maybe stand a chance of success.

I absolutely agree with you - but the club has to look at how the media is going to tell their stories - and then what effect the media show has on the players as they are asked to respond. Is that worth it for the backup? I'd say they will find a way to look elsewhere for a backup QB project.

They shouldn't have overpaid for Oz. One mistake begets others.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the draft is over we always cut a street FA or two. Then another undrafted guy or two once rookie camp is over.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so pumped. Last day of work before the draft.

I took Wed off for my mom's surgery

Thurs and Friday off for the draft.

It's my Friday!!!!!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck to your Mom and the Broncos DC

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many late/undrafted Houston players I like in this years draft

S- Treveon Stewart
S- Adrian McDonald
WR- Demarcus Ayers
LB- Elandon Roberts
RB- Kenneth Farrow
RB- Ryan Jackson

They just make plays.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a young Eli Manning on this team. He had plenty of bad teams. About as good as you could hope end of round 1.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a young Eli Manning on this team. He had plenty of bad teams. About as good as you could hope end of round 1.

Eli Manning, both young and as a veteran, has been a turnover machine. I want a QB that plays smart. Is willing to throw the ball away if the plays not there, like Russell Wilson.

A turnover machine is the last thing you need when you have a dominant defense. Peyton Manning, having thrown 17 INTs in 2015, threw a grand total of 1 INT in the playoffs. And the Broncos got a ring because of it. Limiting turnovers is the first thing a QB needs to work on to be successful.