• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing also about Hackenberg's accuracy is that he tried to play hero to often. Feeling like he had to make a big play instead of electing to take what the defense gave him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have 25 minutes this is a good video of why Hackenberg really translates well to the NFL and why he has been overly criticized compared to what he really brings to the table.

Oz left the Broncos also because you run the play that is called with Kubiak . He wanted to audible that was his excuse .. Now yes I know it was his butt was hurt still ...

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kubiak is going to have to evolve to give his qb more options honestly. that takes away a lot of what can make an offense good and flexible, esp if you have a smart qb

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like the film and it's what it explaining ..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, Houston may select Hack who knows but most coaches do not have the luxury to develop a rookie especially a team with maybe a better defense than Denver who just watch them win the Super Bowl on defense with Brock playing a crucial role down the stretch.

My point being Bill O'Brian threw Hack out as a Freshman to play in the Big 12 - and had a top season. Now - O'Brien is going to bet on 7 game starter Oz with an 88 rating - under the pressure of being a top 5 QB in the league - over Hack - 4 years later.

In the highlights - I kept waiting to see where Hack would actually change to an offensive set that crossed the defense up - instead of the defense cross him up at the last moment on every play. This is Penn. St. A sister from Our Lady of Perpetual Help could coach this talent to a 500 record. There's a component to what I saw where it looked like the Oline gave up on their blocks - which is bad technique - bad coaching - and also an indication they didn't see any particular reason to help the QB out.

One last bad taste I have with Hack - he was the QB that road the elevator down in Penn. St football history - where as guys like Dak Prescott - took an ordinary team and made it a championship contender. Connor Cook should also get credit for out playing even Michigan State's illustrious football history.

Now - if you had just stuck your neck out as Bill O'Brien and signed Osweiler to a top QB contract - would you undercut that by drafting Hack in the draft? Hack has less value to the Texans that he does most of the rest of the league. I'm sure they would take a bargain basement Hack draft pick if it floated by, but I doubt if is from prime draft stock. Having spent so much of the salary cap on the QB - the Texans need some supporting players - cheap - through the draft that will fit the roles and make them a better overall team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kubiak is going to have to evolve to give his qb more options honestly. that takes away a lot of what can make an offense good and flexible, esp if you have a smart qb

Actually - the Kubiak offense is designed to give the QB options after the snap -instead of prior to the snap. Last year Manning was truly the square peg in the round hole. On top of that - the Oline was depleted and didn't come together - until somewhat together later in the season.

In the successful Kubiak offense - each of the back 7 or 8 defensive players has to wait until the snap to begin answering the question if the Broncos intend to block them or make a play on them. When working well this hesitation causes the defense to be cautious and gives the QB more time to see how the play is developing. A QB who is an escape threat and a threat to run - is a better fit for this offense. On the other hand - QBs with this ability in college - don't take snaps directly from the center. This offense was built for John Elway - a guy who could escape pressure -and run down field, but a guy who also kept his eyes downfield to make a play. John was experienced under center because Dan Reeves wanted him to be. Both Sanchez and Siemian - are a little more athletic than Manning and even Oz, but they don't measure up to anything near Elway.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 (31): Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU
Round 2 (63): Devontae Booker, RB, Utah
Round 3 (94): Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State
Round 3 (98): B.J. Goodson, ILB, Clemson
Round 4 (136): Jayron Kearse, S, Clemson
Round 5 (144): Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska
Round 5 (157): Kevon Seymour, CB, USC
Round 6 (219): Jay Lee, WR, Baylor
Round 7 (228): Mike Rose, OLB, North Carolina State
Round 7 (253): Alex Huettel, OG, Bowling Green

That's what an NFL.com analyst has us taking every pick. What do you draft guys think of that?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. Kaufusi round 1 feels like a stretch but I could see it. I think he is more like a 2nd round target for us. Like Booker and Prescott. Collins and Seymour are great gets in the 5th. Don't know much about Rose or Huettel. I know Goodson and I don't like that. A slowerish ILB? Totally not our style. However we did bring him in for a visit so what do I know? lol

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston and Hack make sense, that is until they signed Brock to 17 million dollars a year... Why would they take another QB early with a lot of needs? They obviously think Brock is their longterm solution with that contract.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Denver to identify and target the next Tyrod Taylor that Kubiak worked with in Baltimore. My thought is maybe they have Lynch as a 1st round grade but after that get the guy they like and can develop. Most college QBs need to be developed (1-2 years) within the NFL system anyways.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Bills and Jets are considering Hackenberg in the first round.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really find that impressive - Temple lost 4 games last season - including their bowl game with Toledo.

Here's what I think is the most damming thing about Hackenburg - his old Coach Bill O'Brien - at the TExans needs a QB - his Penn. St. QB is coming up in the draft - and he is way down on the draft list - yet O'Brien decides to overpay for Oz instead of drafting Hack as a value pick later in the draft. Riddle me that Batman.

Well my guess is O'Brien doesn't exactly have the time to wait for a rookie to develop. This is his 3rd year coaching which is usually the year they expect results as most of the roster should be his by now. So then depending on a rookie to show your bosses how your team has developed isn't exactly the best way to go.

As for them going after Osweiler I'm honestly not sure how much say O'Brien had in the matter. From what I have read and heard the owner of the Texans is the one that told the GM to get Osweiler no matter the cost. We have seen plenty of times where owners and coaches don't see eye to eye on matters.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz left the Broncos also because you run the play that is called with Kubiak . He wanted to audible that was his excuse .. Now yes I know it was his butt was hurt still ...

I would say with how much he let Manning audible Kubiak has shown he can let his QB's run the show some. Now given he did stop Manning who audibled to a pass in the Super Bowl and called time out because he just wanted us to run some clock. From what I have read it sounds like the coaches didn't trust Osweiler to always audible to a better play though so they kept the reigns on pretty tight. Yes with a rookie I would bet they do the same if that rookie actually was asked to start. The more trust though that Kubiak builds with his rookie the more I am sure he gives him some freedom.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my guess is O'Brien doesn't exactly have the time to wait for a rookie to develop. This is his 3rd year coaching which is usually the year they expect results as most of the roster should be his by now. So then depending on a rookie to show your bosses how your team has developed isn't exactly the best way to go.

As for them going after Osweiler I'm honestly not sure how much say O'Brien had in the matter. From what I have read and heard the owner of the Texans is the one that told the GM to get Osweiler no matter the cost. We have seen plenty of times where owners and coaches don't see eye to eye on matters.

If O'Brien is not making the decisions - he is already gone.

Your theories don't account for the theory that O'Brien doesn't want Hack on his team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Bills and Jets are considering Hackenberg in the first round.

I heard the Broncos are thinking about drafting my grandpa...

:)

Rumors rumors, mean nothing, they pop up way too much these days before the draft. Tired of them, lets get this thing rolling.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Broncos are thinking about drafting my grandpa...

:)

Rumors rumors, mean nothing, they pop up way too much these days before the draft. Tired of them, lets get this thing rolling.

Conditioned upon the idea your Grandpa gives us the boozing, drugs and loose women.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If O'Brien is not making the decisions - he is already gone.

Your theories don't account for the theory that O'Brien doesn't want Hack on his team.

Actually I did account for it sort of. Just not for the reason that you are pushing. I said that he is entering his 3rd year when his bosses expect more results. So then putting your future in the hands of a rookie that honestly needs to sit a year is maybe not the best course of action.