• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player I haven't really talked about much that has caught my eye before the draft is

Myke Tavarres, LB, Incarnate Word, an Arkansas transfer.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player I haven't really talked about much that has caught my eye before the draft is

Myke Tavarres, LB, Incarnate Word, an Arkansas transfer.

I had no idea - sounds like a Denver Bronco ILB - thanks DC

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kendell, LB from U of Davenport is another small school guy to look out for undrafted.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kendell, LB from U of Davenport is another small school guy to look out for undrafted.

I hear he drinks to much and is on bronco forums in the classroom when he should be paying attention in class.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the attention regarding the Cleveland Browns has been on whether they would take a quarterback with the eighth-overall pick, or if they'd select someone like Ronnie Stanley or Ezekiel Elliott instead. However, in speaking to sources, the Browns and Denver Broncos have been speaking to teams to feel out potential deals to trade up from their picks at 31 (Denver) and 32 (Cleveland). One team that both teams have had discussions with is the Green Bay Packers, who have the 27th-overall selection.

An intriguing bonus for the Browns moving back into the opening round from the initial selection of the second frame is the fifth-year option that comes with rookie contracts of first-round picks. It isn't expensive to move up just a few spots, and that extra season of a cheap rookie contract with a player in their prime years is very valuable, especially if the player is a quarterback. If the Browns pass on a quarterback with the No. 8 selection, don't be surprised if they look to move up from pick 32 to land a young signal caller to compete with Robert Griffin III.

Denver also is in the quarterback market. In speaking to league contacts, they believe the Broncos would draft Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch if he got to them, but many around the league don't think that Lynch will reach the Broncos. Trading up with Green Bay would allow Denver to leap division rival Kansas City (28th pick), who also could consider Lynch.
Read more at WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odd mock, but some things that I like about it. Some real stretches but also they have nabbed a few players who I think will go higher then most people realize.

There will be some surprises like I said some guys will go in round 3 that you never would have thought would sniff the top 4 rounds.

But this one is way too out there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like every year we nab a CB that I like but haven't talked about a lot.
so I am going to jinx a few and throw out some names of who that could be.

DJ White, CB, Georgia Tech
Kevin Peterson, CB, Oklahoma State
Kevon Seymour, CB, USC
Ryan Smith, CB, North Carolina Central
Prince Charles Iworah, CB, Western Kentucky

I bet the Patriots draft a guy like Ronnie Hicks, CB, Stanford who might be the most intelligent guy off the field in the draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears the Houston Texans are in love with Leonte Carroo. #JEALOUS

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does it irritate anybody else when analyst talk about our defense and say we lost a lot of pieces? We lost 2 starters and a good rotation guy in Bruton. To me that is not losing a lot of pieces. Our offense to me is what we call losing a lot of pieces with Manning, Clady, Vasquez, Mathis, and Daniels. That is just under half the unit gone not just 2 guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have 25 minutes this is a good video of why Hackenberg really translates well to the NFL and why he has been overly criticized compared to what he really brings to the table.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the attention regarding the Cleveland Browns has been on whether they would take a quarterback with the eighth-overall pick, or if they'd select someone like Ronnie Stanley or Ezekiel Elliott instead. However, in speaking to sources, the Browns and Denver Broncos have been speaking to teams to feel out potential deals to trade up from their picks at 31 (Denver) and 32 (Cleveland). One team that both teams have had discussions with is the Green Bay Packers, who have the 27th-overall selection.

An intriguing bonus for the Browns moving back into the opening round from the initial selection of the second frame is the fifth-year option that comes with rookie contracts of first-round picks. It isn't expensive to move up just a few spots, and that extra season of a cheap rookie contract with a player in their prime years is very valuable, especially if the player is a quarterback. If the Browns pass on a quarterback with the No. 8 selection, don't be surprised if they look to move up from pick 32 to land a young signal caller to compete with Robert Griffin III.

Denver also is in the quarterback market. In speaking to league contacts, they believe the Broncos would draft Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch if he got to them, but many around the league don't think that Lynch will reach the Broncos. Trading up with Green Bay would allow Denver to leap division rival Kansas City (28th pick), who also could consider Lynch.
Read more at WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill

Exactly - I've been harping the extra year you get with a 1st round pick - and how that means you can develop a guy like a QB longer.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have 25 minutes this is a good video of why Hackenberg really translates well to the NFL and why he has been overly criticized compared to what he really brings to the table.

I didn't really find that impressive - Temple lost 4 games last season - including their bowl game with Toledo.

Here's what I think is the most damming thing about Hackenburg - his old Coach Bill O'Brien - at the TExans needs a QB - his Penn. St. QB is coming up in the draft - and he is way down on the draft list - yet O'Brien decides to overpay for Oz instead of drafting Hack as a value pick later in the draft. Riddle me that Batman.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really find that impressive - Temple lost 4 games last season - including their bowl game with Toledo.

Here's what I think is the most damming thing about Hackenburg - his old Coach Bill O'Brien - at the TExans needs a QB - his Penn. St. QB is coming up in the draft - and he is way down on the draft list - yet O'Brien decides to overpay for Oz instead of drafting Hack as a value pick later in the draft. Riddle me that Batman.

TBH, Houston may select Hack who knows but most coaches do not have the luxury to develop a rookie especially a team with maybe a better defense than Denver who just watch them win the Super Bowl on defense with Brock playing a crucial role down the stretch.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gruden QB camp. There are other clips of this show to watch as well

He changed his footwork after O'Brien left.