• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What linebacker are you thinking then? I can't see them going pass rusher with using a 1st round pick on one last year and the emergence of Shaq Barrett. I guess I could see a guy like Darron Lee if he just happened to fall that far but I doubt he would be there. Reggie Ragland is another option to help out in the middle but not sure he is the best fit for our defense. We ask our ILB's to play a ton of man coverage and he is better suited in zone.

I would be really surprised if we go LB in round 1. Darron Lee I think will be long gone like you said. His stock continues to climb. We seem to like Todd Davis and Zaire Anderson. I'd be pretty shocked if we went LB early depending on an unexpected LB falling to us. Just don't seem to fit with value and needs in round 1. I expect us to go LB mid/late for sure though. There are a lot of nice mid/late round LB's I like. (Doesn't meant Denver does)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be really surprised if we go LB in round 1. Darron Lee I think will be long gone like you said. His stock continues to climb. We seem to like Todd Davis and Zaire Anderson. I'd be pretty shocked if we went LB early depending on an unexpected LB falling to us. Just don't seem to fit with value and needs in round 1. I expect us to go LB mid/late for sure though. There are a lot of nice mid/late round LB's I like. (Doesn't meant Denver does)

Oh I agree. Just doesn't seem like a position they would target unless the value is just way too difficult to pass up. Elway has also shown the ILB spot is not one that he views as high value as he has mostly used late round and waiver wire guys to fill the position and so far has been very successful at that. So I would think he probably continues with that trend.

Right now I would be surprised if the pick isn't a DL, OL, QB, or Safety. Those are the 4 positions I can see in the 1st round.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. Just doesn't seem like a position they would target unless the value is just way too difficult to pass up. Elway has also shown the ILB spot is not one that he views as high value as he has mostly used late round and waiver wire guys to fill the position and so far has been very successful at that. So I would think he probably continues with that trend.

Right now I would be surprised if the pick isn't a DL, OL, QB, or Safety. Those are the 4 positions I can see in the 1st round.

What no CB lol. but, I agree those four spots most likely

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 4 sho! If there is any wild card early I see it at WR. More likely round 2 then round 1, but if Corey Coleman was there I'd be tempted, although very unlikely he will be.

Carroo
Coleman
Boyd
Treadwell
Doctson

Top 5 In 2 years!

I am torn on Michael Thomas. He drops a lot of passes, but the guy has good size and separation.

Oregon WR Bralon Addison (probably ends up a 49er) and Kenny Lawler are as you know the two guys I love after the top 2 rounds as good #2/3 guys down the line. Addison is a playmaker great return man.. Lawler catches everything. He is a tougher Brandon Lloyd with the types of catches he makes. Just needs to add some muscle. Could be a great 3rd WR in the NFL

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the staff is happy with the players we have right now depth wise even .

Now they are looking long range because that is what you do in the Draft .

The number one thing is on the D side is player's that flow to the football Naturally .. Sounds silly yet not that is a trait missing with plenty . It is called Pass Rush ..

OT I don't have on draft list till late but I bet we take one way earlier than that .. My deal is Pass rush will be way higher on the staffs mind than most think .. look at the players they have talked to most flow to the QB !!!! Big time ..

Javon Hargrave South Carolina State : You guys say he is not a fit yet I see we been snooping him at the Shrine game

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually starting to think the Broncos don't take a QB until maybe 5th round or later. Maybe the 5th round is the round of QB's as we trade a 5th round pick for Kaepernick. With the 49ers GM coming out today and saying that Kaepernick could be traded this week I think it just shows they are more than willing to hear offers and were not excited by the connection between Kaepernick and Kelly with the 1st 2 weeks of practice in the books.
I also think Elway has shown patience on not pulling the trigger for anybody because he still believes Kaepernick is their guy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors Rumors

Titans love Braxton Miller
Browns looking to trade back into round 1 for Connor Cook.
Jihad Ward possible darkhorse of late round 1.

People now expecting Jaylon Smith to be off the board by the end of round 3.

Tampa Bay loves Sheldon Rankins

Charges leaning DeForset Buckner.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors Rumors

Titans love Braxton Miller
Browns looking to trade back into round 1 for Connor Cook.
Jihad Ward possible darkhorse of late round 1.

People now expecting Jaylon Smith to be off the board by the end of round 3.

Tampa Bay loves Sheldon Rankins

Charges leaning DeForset Buckner.

One I heard today from a pretty credible source is that NFL teams are much higher on Connor Cook than we as fans and those in the media are.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f Denver is to follow their successful blueprint of drafting under Elway so far, I believe tomorrow at selection 31 they should take the best player at a position of value:
QB
Dline/Pass Rusher
Offensive Tackle
Corner

These are the position pillars Elway has identified on the roster. ALL of our first round picks (and Wolfe as an Early 2nd) have been at these positions under Elway's watch. There are a few exceptions to this rule (if a top talent falls) but for the most part, Elway and brass would be wise to use pick 31, and the 5 year option cheap rookie contract, on a player at one of those 4 positions.

Who I would not draft
1. Connor Cook (go to rotoworld and read what scouts are saying about him... he is chad pennington/kyle orton with worse accuracy)
2. Robert Nkemdiche (NUTJOB who doesn't love football)
3. Cody Whitehair (Overrated and a guard is not a pivitol position. Only way I take a guard is if they can play tackle down the road)
4. Any WR (we have depth here already, I can't justify any WR round 1. A WR is only as good as the QB who can get them the ball)
5. Any TE (No first round talents this year)
6. Any RB not named Elliot (Zeke won't be there, other than that, no RB worth a first)
7. Any ILB not named Lee (ILB is not that important in our scheme. Lee is talented enough to ignore that, but after him, I don't see an ILB worth it for us)
8. Any S not named Joseph (Joseph is like Bob Sanders. After him, I don't see a safety worth a first round selection. Just not an impactful enough position).

My 2 cents smile emoticon

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f Denver is to follow their successful blueprint of drafting under Elway so far, I believe tomorrow at selection 31 they should take the best player at a position of value:
QB
Dline/Pass Rusher
Offensive Tackle
Corner

These are the position pillars Elway has identified on the roster. ALL of our first round picks (and Wolfe as an Early 2nd) have been at these positions under Elway's watch. There are a few exceptions to this rule (if a top talent falls) but for the most part, Elway and brass would be wise to use pick 31, and the 5 year option cheap rookie contract, on a player at one of those 4 positions.

Who I would not draft
1. Connor Cook (go to rotoworld and read what scouts are saying about him... he is chad pennington/kyle orton with worse accuracy)
2. Robert Nkemdiche (NUTJOB who doesn't love football)
3. Cody Whitehair (Overrated and a guard is not a pivitol position. Only way I take a guard is if they can play tackle down the road)
4. Any WR (we have depth here already, I can't justify any WR round 1. A WR is only as good as the QB who can get them the ball)
5. Any TE (No first round talents this year)
6. Any RB not named Elliot (Zeke won't be there, other than that, no RB worth a first)
7. Any ILB not named Lee (ILB is not that important in our scheme. Lee is talented enough to ignore that, but after him, I don't see an ILB worth it for us)
8. Any S not named Joseph (Joseph is like Bob Sanders. After him, I don't see a safety worth a first round selection. Just not an impactful enough position).

My 2 cents smile emoticon

I would agree with your list all but Connor Cook. While some scouts have said that about him I have also been hearing actual teams are very high on him and some even have him rated as the 2nd best QB in this draft. I just got done listening to Joel Klatt speak on Cook. He said that he is in Chicago and met with multiple teams and people who actually make the draft decisions and he said they are all very high on Cook as a prospect. They love that he comes from a pro system, is a very successful QB, think the leadership thing is way overblown, and think his accuracy issues while troublesome also come some from the system he played in that asked him to throw the ball deeper than the other QB's in this draft leading to a lower accuracy percentage.

All that to say I could get behind Connor Cook being drafted and seeing how our coaching staff helps him to fix some of his mechanics and really mostly his footwork.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get all the Joseph compares to Bob Sanders talk. Joseph has much better ball skills.

BTW, sounds like Steelers are after Eli Apple. Ugh. Could be worse better then being a Chief, Patriots or Raider I guess.

Picking at #31 I could justify a WR, but it has to be of great value in our situation obviously. I think WR is a position we could take early or not take at all. Early being more likely round 2 or 3, or not at all.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety the value this year is gonna b round 2 or 3. Ive got no problem taking a ball hawking S who can cover and tackle in round 1, but there are so few of those out there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with Joseph in the 1st. He really worked hard to improve his coverage skills. Too bad the injury really hurt his ability to show it for a full season. Or maybe not too bad because otherwise he would be a top-10 pick.
Now understand when I make this comparison I am not saying he is to this level. When I watch Joseph though I do see a lot of Earl Thomas in him. He is just flying all over the field. West Virginia used him everywhere and it seemed like he thrived whether he was up by the LOS or back in single high safety position. He just seems comfortable wherever they put him and he is a big time playmaker just like Thomas. I mean he finished 3rd in interceptions in the Big-12 and only played in 4 games. I would love to add that to this defense. Plus he has that swagger attitude that just seems to fit perfectly with our players.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen the Earl Thomas comparison too. I like. It better then Bob Sanders IMO he isn't on that level but compares to him better.

I personally think Joseph is slightly overrated. End of round 1 though??? I'd take it.

Top 19 probably not.

IF Pitt doesnt move up or get lucky and have Eli Apple fall in their lap at #25 I would think he might be their next option.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen the Earl Thomas comparison too. I like. It better then Bob Sanders IMO he isn't on that level but compares to him better.

I personally think Joseph is slightly overrated. End of round 1 though??? I'd take it.

Top 19 probably not.

IF Pitt doesnt move up or get lucky and have Eli Apple fall in their lap at #25 I would think he might be their next option.

Oh I agree he shouldn't be going quite that high. His injury was pretty brutal so you would be taking quite the risk on an injured player. He is also a bit undersized. That is maybe my biggest concern with him is his size going against TE's and because of his aggressive style of play how well does he hold up in the NFL? He also has some tackling issues I think with 14 missed tackles last year alone. Not always the best player wrapping up and seems to look for the big hit instead of securing the tackle. So definitely some red flags in his play and injury history.

At the end of round 1 though I am willing to take that risk and honestly Bruton was a huge part of our defense last year. He was the guy that we asked more than the other two to line up 1-on-1 with TE's and sometimes WR's.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe bob sanders comes from the size, injuries, and him playing with reckless abandon

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devontae Booker might be a sliding a bit.

8 on his wonderlic (Not gonna kill his stock) but combine that with some past character concerns and his pass blocking and he could fall a bit....

I'd do a flip for him in round 3. ;)

Irrelevant fun fact of the day: Devontae Booker went to the same high school as former Denver Broncos 7th round pick, cornerback Syd'Quan Thompson. Grant Union HS in Sacramento, CA.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone talk me off the edge... im starting to be okay with Hackenberg at 31... wtf lol