• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mock drafts I've seen that don't have us taking a QB in the 1st has us taking Robert Nkemdiche or Jarran Reed. Both are DT'S but can anyone tell me about them?

robert nkemdiche is a freak athlete. but plays with little awareness and poor technique with a motor that runs cold. If that were the only issue, i would take him due to upside. But, the dude is whacko too apparently. He got in trouble this season falling from a building while on synthetic mary jane. Then at the combine, he didn't own up to it and said the reason that he got in trouble for that was because nobody "would take the fall for him". Also he just doesn't appear to love football. would rather be a celeb. he hangs with a bad crowd, which normally is something that I think can be corrected with family and organization support... but that bad crowd IS his brother and co... so, needless to say... im not wanting nkemdiche despite his talent. dude is just way too likely to not only bust, but to negatively impact the lockerroom.

I like but do not love reed. he is a beast against the run, but he just does not get after the passer like a first round pick should. Also he played on a defensive line that likely has 2 other 1st rounders (robinson and allen). I think his best fit as a nose tackle, but could play some 5 tech. He seems like a high floor guy, but I don't know if i would want him in the first just because I want my first rounders to be able to get after the qb and I don't see that with reed

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
robert nkemdiche is not a Elway pick ..

now saying that does not mean he won't just not the type Elway loves .. If our DL coach bangs the table hard enough he might I don't see it personally ...

He has a RGIII disease .................................

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top prospect fits for every defensive tackle position

This was another link off the page ...Mingo , SS and Lucas will love ...

It might take me forever to digest ..

TY Dr Cyanide 28

great article. I agree that right now Butler plays too tall to handle NT, but i think he could move over there eventually, worst case he plays 5 tech on base plays and kicks to nose in sub packages.

chris jones is quickly becoming my defacto guy in the first though

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even be upset if we took two dline with our top 6 picks. Talent across the board, and cheap depth on the dline is valuable, esp with Kollar being able to develop them.

Right now I'm messing with my denver mock. Really want to trade down from the first to the mid 2nd and get an extra pick next year (ammo for qb if we want). I think someone will want to jump the browns and titans to get one of those WR or OT (or maybe henry) and we can move back to early to mid 2nd and still get a good defensive or offensive line player. Been mocking a bit this morning... if this happened this is how i would go:
2i. Chris Jones, DE/DE, Mississippi St
2ii. Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi St
3. Christian Westerman, OG, Arizona St
3c. Sean Davis, S/CB, Maryland
4c. D.J. Reader, NT, Clemson
5. Tyler Johnstone, OT, Oregon
6c. Kalan Reed, CB, Southern Miss
7i. Beau Sandland, TE, Montana St
7ii. Darius Jackson, RB, Eastern Michigan
7iii. Tevaun Smith, WR, Iowa

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year to go DL early and often .. and OL late and often Kubaik said he thinks this draft is rather Deep at OL...

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even be upset if we took two dline with our top 6 picks. Talent across the board, and cheap depth on the dline is valuable, esp with Kollar being able to develop them.

Right now I'm messing with my denver mock. Really want to trade down from the first to the mid 2nd and get an extra pick next year (ammo for qb if we want). I think someone will want to jump the browns and titans to get one of those WR or OT (or maybe henry) and we can move back to early to mid 2nd and still get a good defensive or offensive line player. Been mocking a bit this morning... if this happened this is how i would go:
I could live with that mock. I`m with you and think if the opportunity arises, Elway will try to trade out of first to get the extra 2nd. I can even see it being a high second if say Lynch is available.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched a few more of Lynch's games. I keep going back and forth on the kid. The talent is there to be an incredible QB in this league. He has some major flaws technique wise especially with his feet. His arm is so good that he rarely has hit feet right when he is throwing but can counter that with such a great arm. If somebody can get his feet right man oh man could he light it up. I also worry about the system he ran in college being a pretty simple one but the nice thing with him is he does have the ability to run so you can ease him into the system and teach him to make 2 reads and run. Then slowly build him up if need be. I do think he is exactly what Elway loves in a QB physically. Big, big arm, can move, has actual running ability. All things Elway looks for in his QB. I would not be surprised at all if Elway took him and said to Kubiak "got your QB now go turn him into a star."

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elway traded down, I'd like to see him get a something better in terms of value for 2017 (maybe an extra 2 in 2017) than more picks this year. They have 10 to begin with.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if we traded out of the first round, what other pick are we getting other than a 2nd? I'm only seeing selection slots we already have...

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we traded out of the first round, what other pick are we getting other than a 2nd? I'm only seeing selection slots we already have...

2017 selection. either a 2017 2nd or 3rd

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver bringing in Nkemdiche for a pre-draft visit

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a fun speculation the other day - guessing the Broncos are going to trade CJ Anderson to the Fins in exchange for #1's and another pick. Then the Broncos pick E. Elliot - lower the salary cap -and have Elliot at slave wages for 5 years.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a fun speculation the other day - guessing the Broncos are going to trade CJ Anderson to the Fins in exchange for #1's and another pick. Then the Broncos pick E. Elliot - lower the salary cap -and have Elliot at slave wages for 5 years.
Someone apparently dreaming again...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be the consensus if we took Alex Collins from Arkansas or Jordan Howard from Indiana in Rd 3?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be the consensus if we took Alex Collins from Arkansas or Jordan Howard from Indiana in Rd 3?

I wouldn't hate either of those guys. They are north to south runners. Not quite the speed you would want but pounding a team with Anderson and one of these guys all game long would wear any defense out having to take that hit.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Denver trades down for a High/mid 2 and another pick.

Or trades up to 20 and grab a guy they want?

What's more likely