• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see any possible scenario with Denver and pk 31 being possible at this point. As long as Kap i

Hmnn....My memory sucks but I didn't think getting Elway cost Denver that much. Refresh my memory.

Google is powerful

The Deal: When No. 1 pick John Elway refused to play in Baltimore, theColts traded the draft rights to the Stanford quarterback to Denver in exchange for quarterback Mark Hermann, the rights to offensive tackle Chris Hinton and a first-round pick in the 1984 draft, which ended up being guard Ron Solt.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also to me it depends how far we are talking of trading up. The Falcons traded up from 27 to 6. They gave up a 2 late 1st round picks, a late 2nd round pick, and 2 4th round picks. While it was somewhat costly I still think that wasn't too bad. If it meant us having a QB locked in for the next 5 years at a very discounted rate I would take it.

You are quickly becoming my favorite. sorry @Draft Crazy lol

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total Iowa Homer Post Incoming:

Tevaun Smith getting some buzz after a great pro day. He didn’t play in a passing offense so he doesn’t have wow numbers, but he does have some plays that make you turn your head… he flipping DESTROYED the drills… He ran a 4.33 (would have been the 3rd best at the combine) and also had elite numbers in other drills. Smith registered a 38-inch vertical jump, 3.94-second shuttle and 6.56-second three-cone, bench-pressed 225 pounds 13 times and had a broad jump of 10 feet two inches. Smith would’ve finished second in the three-cone drill and third in the shuttle at the NFL combine. I also think he is versatile enough to play outside or in slot. Before his pro day I think he would have likely gone undrafted, but now he is getting some play in the 6th and 7th round.
Definitely a guy I would love to get late in the draft.

471745.jpg

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds that another QB taken after round one being as good as Wentz has to be even money.
I'd only trade up for a QB from #31 with 2nd and a 5th so how far up can you move with that combo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are quickly becoming my favorite. sorry @Draft Crazy lol

Haha I appreciate that. To me if you love a QB then they are worth trading up for. It is the one position that is worth giving up multiple 1st round picks for to get. You better love him to death though. I have read that with Washington Shanahan was not sold on RG3 but ownership was and that they disagreed on making the trade to get him. To me both coach/FO/Ownership all need to be on the same page that this is our guy. Throw in giving up those extra picks you don't have to worry much cap wise as you have a QB on the cheap for 5 years. Nothing helps your cap out more than having that QB on the cheap. it is why Seattle could make the moves they did to bring in some amazing depth guys like they did. It would allow us to have a guy like Von Miller being the most expensive Defensive player in the league and still be fine cap wise.

Now like I said I have heard either Goff or Wentz have been falling a bit. My guess is it is more Goff than Wentz but I could see say the 49ers keep Kaepernick that they let Goff get by them and then we are talking he falls until maybe 15 where the Rams draft. So that would probably mean trading to 12th overall (probably little chance the Raiders trade with us at 14 or the Dolphins with us at 13). The Saints are probably looking for as many draft picks as possible considering their cap situation so I could see them being willing to trade. My guess is that would take our 1st and 2nd round pick this year and 1st next year and maybe our 3rd (we will have 3 3rd round picks next year anyway so not like we are giving up a ton with that).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds that another QB taken after round one being as good as Wentz has to be even money.
I'd only trade up for a QB from #31 with 2nd and a 5th so how far up can you move with that combo.

That would get us up to around 16th or 17th overall pick. I might have been off on my value chart earlier actually. If we throw in our 1st the next year (considered a high 2nd round in actual value when trading) we could get all the way up to that 6th spot if a team is willing to trade back that far. So right in front of San Fran.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing some buzz about Hackenberg to Denver. I could see it. Has all the tools. He may be damaged goods... ala david carr after being hit so many times, but the tools are there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing some buzz about Hackenberg to Denver. I could see it. Has all the tools. He may be damaged goods... ala david carr after being hit so many times, but the tools are there.

I don't think I would be happy or sad about that pick. I mean I see the potential. I see why the team might have interest. Still you watch the last couple of years and it is a whole lot of bad.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I appreciate that. To me if you love a QB then they are worth trading up for. It is the one position that is worth giving up multiple 1st round picks for to get. You better love him to death though. I have read that with Washington Shanahan was not sold on RG3 but ownership was and that they disagreed on making the trade to get him. To me both coach/FO/Ownership all need to be on the same page that this is our guy. Throw in giving up those extra picks you don't have to worry much cap wise as you have a QB on the cheap for 5 years. Nothing helps your cap out more than having that QB on the cheap. it is why Seattle could make the moves they did to bring in some amazing depth guys like they did. It would allow us to have a guy like Von Miller being the most expensive Defensive player in the league and still be fine cap wise.

Now like I said I have heard either Goff or Wentz have been falling a bit. My guess is it is more Goff than Wentz but I could see say the 49ers keep Kaepernick that they let Goff get by them and then we are talking he falls until maybe 15 where the Rams draft. So that would probably mean trading to 12th overall (probably little chance the Raiders trade with us at 14 or the Dolphins with us at 13). The Saints are probably looking for as many draft picks as possible considering their cap situation so I could see them being willing to trade. My guess is that would take our 1st and 2nd round pick this year and 1st next year and maybe our 3rd (we will have 3 3rd round picks next year anyway so not like we are giving up a ton with that).
Sorry but I disagree and only because of this QB draft class. Remember, were talking a div 11 guy and a guy that`s won 5 gms in two yrs. That`s a lot to give up to me if either of these guys fall flat on their face. You can set your franchise back a few yrs when you miss on a 1st rd QB. Like I`ve said before, in this class of Qbs, yours just as likely to find your guy in any of the first 4 rds. None of these guys "scream" franchise QB to me and to give up what Cd thinks it would take,to me anyway, is not good business for these top two projected Qbs for your team down the road. I`ll guarantee you Elway isn`t going to give up those kind of picks for either of them. GUARANTEED!!! Hell,Kessler has just as much shot at a good Qb in this league as any of those two and you can prob get him in 4-5 rd. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, Denver and the local media seem content with the current QB situation
I think Denver likes qbs thst they will not have to move up for
I could see Denver moving out of the first and using their 10 picks to really have a good draft
I sense at least 2 qbs drafted if they don't pick up "sackerpick"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I disagree and only because of this QB draft class. Remember, were talking a div 11 guy and a guy that`s won 5 gms in two yrs. That`s a lot to give up to me if either of these guys fall flat on their face. You can set your franchise back a few yrs when you miss on a 1st rd QB. Like I`ve said before, in this class of Qbs, yours just as likely to find your guy in any of the first 4 rds. None of these guys "scream" franchise QB to me and to give up what Cd thinks it would take,to me anyway, is not good business for these top two projected Qbs for your team down the road. I`ll guarantee you Elway isn`t going to give up those kind of picks for either of them. GUARANTEED!!! Hell,Kessler has just as much shot at a good Qb in this league as any of those two and you can prob get him in 4-5 rd. :)

I think you missed what I was saying Randymon. It is more if the Broncos do reach a point they are sold on one of these guys it wouldn't take as much as some might think to get into that top-10 spot. You are right though that these 2 guys have not proven much at this point. Goff put up big numbers but his team lost a lot. Wentz while showing a lot of promise would be making a huge leap from Division 2 to the NFL. I am fine with the Broncos staying where they are as I do think either Lynch or Cook will be available at our pick and I think both have some great promise to do well in what Kubiak wants to do. They both have a good arm, enough athleticism to move around, have shown they can play from the pocket. Cook is the more pro ready of the two with having played under center, having read defenses and gone through his reads, and just playing tougher competition throughout college.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Pretty good deal for Denver. Cheap even back then.

Stole him ... I get we got him for a steal ..Thing is if we spent 3 drafts for him it would of been a steal ..

Now saying that I get it paying that would be nuts .. I am just saying if you know ,really know do it .. Get the QB that will work pay what it will take and be real when you do it .

I believe in Kubiak and if he said" do it "no matter what I would . But I bet they will be patent ..

I think Elway has so much capital at this point what ever he says I will jump just that high.. lol

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed what I was saying Randymon. It is more if the Broncos do reach a point they are sold on one of these guys it wouldn't take as much as some might think to get into that top-10 spot. You are right though that these 2 guys have not proven much at this point. Goff put up big numbers but his team lost a lot. Wentz while showing a lot of promise would be making a huge leap from Division 2 to the NFL. I am fine with the Broncos staying where they are as I do think either Lynch or Cook will be available at our pick and I think both have some great promise to do well in what Kubiak wants to do. They both have a good arm, enough athleticism to move around, have shown they can play from the pocket. Cook is the more pro ready of the two with having played under center, having read defenses and gone through his reads, and just playing tougher competition throughout college.
Agree Cd. If Denver wants to take a qb at 31, I have no prob with that. I actually hope one of the teams in top of 2 nd will want to get back in and Elway can get another 2nd along with 63

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Cd. If Denver wants to take a qb at 31, I have no prob with that. I actually hope one of the teams in top of 2 nd will want to get back in and Elway can get another 2nd along with 63

To me if we want to take a QB and even if we have them with a 2nd round grade I would rather take them in the 1st than trade back into the 2nd. Then we have them locked up for 5 years instead of just 4. If we don't like any of the QB's at that point then yeah work to trade back or maybe work to build up some more draft capital for next year where we can use our 3 3rd round picks (since Comp Picks will be tradeable next year) to then trade up for a QB we like.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more than likely what we do . Wolf is a perfect example

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me if we want to take a QB and even if we have them with a 2nd round grade I would rather take them in the 1st than trade back into the 2nd. Then we have them locked up for 5 years instead of just 4. If we don't like any of the QB's at that point then yeah work to trade back or maybe work to build up some more draft capital for next year where we can use our 3 3rd round picks (since Comp Picks will be tradeable next year) to then trade up for a QB we like.
Absolutely.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would get us up to around 16th or 17th overall pick. I might have been off on my value chart earlier actually. If we throw in our 1st the next year (considered a high 2nd round in actual value when trading) we could get all the way up to that 6th spot if a team is willing to trade back that far. So right in front of San Fran.

Ehh

not really .. Not everyone is brain dead like Oz

Besides we can reup I am sure earlier

Jackson was right We waited to damn long .. sometimes we need to give pay raises when the time is right .. no one is perfect [-=