• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes DC I like him also .. Have not got to watch him like I would like but he is good for what we wanting..IMO

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I got using CBS's board. A bit more updated.

1. Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame
2. Adolphus Washington, DL, Ohio State
3. Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers
3. Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech
4. Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama
5. Willie Beavers, OT, Western Michigan
6. Austin Blythe, C, Iowa
7. Darion Griswold, TE, Arkansas State
7. Jordan Lomax, S, Iowa
7. Deon Bush, S, Miami

DC, you don't mind the fact that Carroo had been arrested for assault on his girlfriend, and that she has a restraining order on him ?

".... was charged with assaulting the woman, with whom he had been romantically involved, by “picking her up and slamming her down on a concrete surface, injuring her left hip, both palms, left elbow and left side of the head,”

Rutgers star Leonte Carroo charged with attack on woman - News - NorthJersey.com

Carroo's mother has also been arrested a few times, the last being for assault at a game

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty loaded way to ask it Lucas.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Carroo certainly doesn't come across in a good light ...

Last year at this time, we were discussing Marcus Peters, and I was defending him ( as was OC ) .. there was never any proof that Peters attacked a coach - in fact, there were coaches that denied it ever happened ..

DC was down on Peters because of the alleged attack, and his character issues

I think assault on a female - as in Carroo's case - is reason enough to pass

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on Marcus Peters.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In certain cases - like Peters - I can understand frustration and getting into it with coaches - not necessarily a physical confrontation ( as that was denied by both sides and never proven ), but when players that are emotional by nature vent because the staff might not be putting them in the best position to be successful ..

But attacking a girlfriend after a loss is cowardly and disgraceful ... The Rutgers campus is about 25 min from my house, and this was a bit of a story around here

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you on that either Lucas.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Charlie Campbell, a writer for walterfootball...

1.31 - DE/DT Sheldon Rankins, Louisville
2.63 - G/C Graham Glasgow, Michigan
3.95 - LB Antonio Morrison, Florida

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, you don't mind the fact that Carroo had been arrested for assault on his girlfriend, and that she has a restraining order on him ?

".... was charged with assaulting the woman, with whom he had been romantically involved, by “picking her up and slamming her down on a concrete surface, injuring her left hip, both palms, left elbow and left side of the head,”

Rutgers star Leonte Carroo charged with attack on woman - News - NorthJersey.com

Carroo's mother has also been arrested a few times, the last being for assault at a game

Been there done gone explained this to cdumler in the past.

No I am not concerned when you know the truth.

Charges were dropped btw.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Carroo certainly doesn't come across in a good light ...

Last year at this time, we were discussing Marcus Peters, and I was defending him ( as was OC ) .. there was never any proof that Peters attacked a coach - in fact, there were coaches that denied it ever happened ..

DC was down on Peters because of the alleged attack, and his character issues

I think assault on a female - as in Carroo's case - is reason enough to pass

Was not "down" on Peters as a player, was down on him as a person.

The "real" story with Carroo was a lot less concerning to me... The one I am hearing from agents and scouts that is.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Charlie Campbell, a writer for walterfootball...

1.31 - DE/DT Sheldon Rankins, Louisville
2.63 - G/C Graham Glasgow, Michigan
3.95 - LB Antonio Morrison, Florida
The position selection is definitely very probable especially when Malik and Trev walk and the need at O line. Could of just nailed it right there Charlie boy ! :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not "down" on Peters as a player, was down on him as a person.

The "real" story with Carroo was a lot less concerning to me... The one I am hearing from agents and scouts that is.

Here's what you said DC:

He did choke him. That is a fact. .... He isn't an elite enough CB to go around choking his coaches twice

Marcus Peters - What's the earliest you would take him? - Fantasy Sports Forums

First, you are wrong to say it "is a fact" .. This was denied but everyone, including the coach involved

Secondly, he turned out to be a pretty damn good CB in his rookie season

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what you said DC:

He did choke him. That is a fact. .... He isn't an elite enough CB to go around choking his coaches twice

Marcus Peters - What's the earliest you would take him? - Fantasy Sports Forums

First, you are wrong to say it "is a fact" .. This was denied but everyone, including the coach involved

Secondly, he turned out to be a pretty damn good CB in his rookie season

I honestly wasn't too high on him either. It went beyond just the one incident with him where he emotionally just lost it. Him making it through his rookie year was great and I really hope he continues but I also know when things get tough a lot of times that old personality can quickly surface. We just saw it with Cam Newton where he was hammered his first couple of years in the league for how he conducted himself when the team was losing. Most thought that was behind him but in the heat of the moment it quickly surfaced again. Now again I do hope Peters can keep going as I don't wish for anybody to fail even if they play for our opposition but I guess for me I need to see how he handles some adversity when it comes his way over the next couple of years.

Also he did say he made a lot of mistakes at the UW and has taken ownership for them so it wasn't all just the coach making things up as there were plenty of issues.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think I have my draft crush. Sheldon Day of Notre Dame. I know we have talked about him some already but I have watched a few more of his games and man I love the fight of this kid. He was a guy that I saw teams constantly trying to double team yet he still found a way to split them or even overpower them to make a play. I rarely saw him get pushed backwards. The two best things with this kid though that I love is he gets great leverage all game long. I rarely see him where he stands up opening himself to getting pushed back. The next is how often I saw him when the ball went past the LOS him hustling down the field trying to make a play. Most big guys quit when they see the ball go by but this kid just keeps on fighting. He might now be my top choice for the first round.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheldon Day – Draft Countdown

I like what you are saying about him .. I want a player like you are talking about .. A lot of first year starters as S kind of have no clue so you can judge a little to much .. Like the Clemson DE's they stand up all the time but IMO there more out of shape than bad form .. You some times need to look at what I am talking..

With Day you probably got as good as he ever will be .. I have not watched him and am not judging him ...so...

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@58crash - I don't know about others, but none of the links you post from Draft Countdown are very helpful. All I get is their height and weight. Nothing re strengths/weaknesses, etc. is it just me?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need no - Strengths and Weaknesses.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@58crash - I don't know about others, but none of the links you post from Draft Countdown are very helpful. All I get is their height and weight. Nothing re strengths/weaknesses, etc. is it just me?

Okay I guess you did not like production for the last 4 years and our the lack of ... our the videos ..

Sorry