• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Paul Allen reported to be done negotiating with Kam

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be the dumbest holdout of all time.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Mike Florio - profootballtalk

"One of the most popular arguments against the Seahawks ripping up the final three years of safetyKam Chancellor’s contract comes from the basic reality that he’s a box safety, and that the market for box safeties is a lot lower than the market for quarterbacks, cornerbacks, etc.

Earlier in the hour on NFL Network, former Seahawk Michael Robinson, who regularly communicates with Chancellor, floated a potentially compelling argument. Chancellor’s role extends well beyond what he does on the field, operating essentially as an extra coach. For example, Chancellor helps get guys like Marshawn Lynch (who wore Chancellor’s jersey to practice the other day) in the right frame of mind. Chancellor, as Robinson explained it, otherwise does things that would fall onto the shoulders of head coach Pete Carroll.

It’s an interesting point. Should players be paid for doing more than playing football? To be successful, every team needs certain things. Leadership from within the locker room is one of those things they need.

It won’t nearly be enough to get the Seahawks to blink at this point, but it’s a concept worth considering as the holdout reaches the $1.87 million mark, and counting."

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of fan sentiments towards chancellor may change if the squawks lose today

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that game played out perfectly to illustrate that Seattle didn't have to lose for Kam's point to be made.

Seattle gets the onside kick, gets a TD, and wins, and the middle of the field is STILL where the Rams attacked over and over and over again in that game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam got exactly what he needed. Bailey looked lost and flat out gave the other team points in a loss that the coaches will for sure know they would have won with him there.

Hope it's worth what hard you are doing to this team you supposedly love Kam. You are fucking your teammates and fans over with this stupid, selfish act.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am too. He's a greedy jackass that doesn't give a crap about his teammates. The longer he sits out, the less of a shit they're going to give as well.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam got exactly what he needed. Bailey looked lost and flat out gave the other team points in a loss that the coaches will for sure know they would have won with him there.

Hope it's worth what hard you are doing to this team you supposedly love Kam. You are fucking your teammates and fans over with this stupid, selfish act.

This is Paul Allen you're talking about. You think he's going to get desperate after this? He's going to get more pissed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kam get what is apparently his wish and they trade him to the worst team in the league. You don't want a vindictive Paul Allen coming after you. It's a really bad thing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Paul Allen you're talking about. You think he's going to get desperate after this? He's going to get more pissed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kam get what is apparently his wish and they trade him to the worst team in the league. You don't want a vindictive Paul Allen coming after you. It's a really bad thing.
No, I don't think the team will cave in which is more frustrating because I think it will end up taking the post season out of play for this team. They won't trade him. Too much cap hit and too much of a principle. Kam will sit out until he gives up or week 10 when he has to be back to force his contract year to advance again. By then this team could be well below .500 and for what? A couple of million next year more when you signed this damned contract voluntarily? Fuck that.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, I hope they don't trade him. Let him sit out his contract for 3 more years and the Seahawks continues to collect his paychecks and fines.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on Kam is this - unfortunately, this is what happens every time a team signs their QB to a new huge deal. Lots of guys start reaching their hands out for more money and we've had several of them on defense do that this offseason.

Does it make it "right" for Kam to be doing this? No. But, again, it's what happens throughout the league.

Obviously we're a better defense with Kam on the field, so the two sides will have to compromise here.

This is more than just missing Kam, it's a distraction for the whole organization and shifts the focus from preparation and winning to everyone wanting to get paid more now that the QB has broke the bank.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a knock.

Kam Answers

There is Pete, JS (both with tire irons), Cable (with a bat). PA says "Kam. We need to talk"

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chuck Norris wears Paul Allen pajamas?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck Norris wears Paul Allen pajamas?

He successfully defended himself from Bill Gates when Bill was trying to screw him out of money. I think that's enough to prove he can handle himself when it comes to negotiating.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all the years Allen has been owner of the Hawks, how many times has it come out that he micromanaged the handling of players? I am 100% convinced that this rumor is BS. He trusts that Schneider will do what's best for the team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all the years Allen has been owner of the Hawks, how many times has it come out that he micromanaged the handling of players? I am 100% convinced that this rumor is BS. He trusts that Schneider will do what's best for the team.
I agree, Allen doesn't get in the middle of handling players.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kam got pissed watching his team lose the way they did and gets back in uniform by Monday.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think the team will cave in which is more frustrating because I think it will end up taking the post season out of play for this team. They won't trade him. Too much cap hit and too much of a principle. Kam will sit out until he gives up or week 10 when he has to be back to force his contract year to advance again. By then this team could be well below .500 and for what? A couple of million next year more when you signed this damned contract voluntarily? Fuck that.
Unlikely. Advancing the contract 1 year doesn't help him, other than from a pension point of view. Chancellor won't be taking this action for 3 years so he can become a FA in 2018. If he chooses to come in for the last 6, (or however many), games it'll be because it'll be good for him financially but it won't necessarily help the team.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him! When do we have a party to burn his jerseys? he is a distraction and is rapidly wearing out his welcome.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I am an outsider looking in, but you're defense isn't near as scary to me without Kam. If you trade or lose him, you probably won't be winning anymore titles any time soon. You might not even make the playoffs.