• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Paul Allen reported to be done negotiating with Kam

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be ok trading him, get what you can before he breaks.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be ok trading him, get what you can before he breaks.

No, No, Hellzzzzzzzz NO!

The Seahawks would be on the hook for a salary cap hit if they traded or dropped him. Kam is his own worst enemy. Every week he sits out, he gets ZERO dollars and it doesn't hurt (financially) the Seahawks one bit.

I would be highly surprised if he doesn't show up come this Monday. He's shown his cards and he has a losing hand. If he decides to hold out more, then I grossly over estimated his intelligence.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be me playing conspiracy theorist but......

What if their was another team conspiring with Kam, telling him to hold out, in hopes with we release him so they can sign him????

I know it sounds far-fetched but it has happened before( with Crabtree)
So swallow a $5.5M cap hit to release him, get no compensation, and then risk maybe our stiffest competition adding him to their team? It makes way more sense for the Seahawks to not have to pay him, retain his rights, while also ensuring no one else can use him against us.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Paul... He didn't become a billionaire for making stupid decisions... I agree w/ his stance if that is in fact true...

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kam signed the deal i was shocked tbh,the agent failed him because i thought he should of got more to begin with.

Kam and his agent should back off and realize (I bet they do anyhow) that it is best not to poison the well because i am sure that the Hawks and Allen can/will work out something very good for him down the line and can plan accordingly with the numbers,cap space.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is bad. Paul Allen is now officially pissed. He's been pretty laissez faire about running this team but now he's taking it personally. I could see him holding onto Kam's contract indefinitely so he doesn't get paid just to prove a point. And Kam deserves it.

Over the years and reading a ton about Allen and speaking to some people that have dealt with him in the past either worked for him etc this does not surprise me.

Allen prefers to be in the background and often let's people he hired make decisions but if he for whatever reason feels he needs to interject he will,often he does not go into a business or a decision alone so someone else must be advising him as well,he has his own mental evaluation of players and can quote their numbers when asked,he has crazy good compartmentalization memory skills.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely is odd to read about Allen being personally involved or even indirectly associated with negotiations with a player. He's been a great but anonymous owner pretty much the whole time.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely is odd to read about Allen being personally involved or even indirectly associated with negotiations with a player. He's been a great but anonymous owner pretty much the whole time.

Anonymous yes in the public eye and doesn't say much cause he puts 100% trust in his FO to make the correct decisions. He could be a different person behind closed doors, maybe more vocal but we'll never know since they run a tight ship.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anonymous yes in the public eye and doesn't say much cause he puts 100% trust in his FO to make the correct decisions. He could be a different person behind closed doors, maybe more vocal but we'll never know since they run a tight ship.
Definitely. Allen is never overtly involved in stuff like this. It's probably a given Kam will be in soon, but I wonder if this fractures the long term relationship.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, while Kam is a talented player, there is a life w/out Kam... If Kam doesn't report this year, we will draft a SS in the draft next season if he continues his holdout... He'll be much easier to trade in the offseason...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. Allen is never overtly involved in stuff like this. It's probably a given Kam will be in soon, but I wonder if this fractures the long term relationship.

There could be some damage to the relationship, but winning the SB would hopefully cure all that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet! That's a good amount of cap freed up and we can sign a position far more important than what Kam brings (like D or O line). I was never really a huge Kam fan. Yah he makes some big hits and during the SBOWL set a tone (that really wasn't needed with our D-Line) but he's a COMPLETE product of Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, Bobby Wagner, and our pass rush.

Not needed. I REALLY hope some dumb team gives up a 1st rounder for him, but I'd HAPPILY take a 2nd rounder.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, No, Hellzzzzzzzz NO!

The Seahawks would be on the hook for a salary cap hit if they traded or dropped him. Kam is his own worst enemy. Every week he sits out, he gets ZERO dollars and it doesn't hurt (financially) the Seahawks one bit.

I would be highly surprised if he doesn't show up come this Monday. He's shown his cards and he has a losing hand. If he decides to hold out more, then I grossly over estimated his intelligence.

We get a dead cap hit, yes.. but the team trading takes on the base salary, which is more than the dead cap hit of $3M (the accelerated signing bonus). We surrender $5.6M and take a hit of $3M, so basically advantage $2.6M.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So swallow a $5.5M cap hit to release him, get no compensation, and then risk maybe our stiffest competition adding him to their team? It makes way more sense for the Seahawks to not have to pay him, retain his rights, while also ensuring no one else can use him against us.

Releasing him this season will never happen. It'd be a $7.5M cap hit because you're forgetting the accelerated signing bonus. He's currently a $5.5M cap hit, so a release would never happen until next year. Kam would easily be traded ($3M cap hit) before he got released though, which I'd be fine with.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice that the Hawks have an owner who is mostly hands off and lets the football people do their thing and intervenes only when absolutely necessary. This is probably a good time to intervene. Its a shame the baseball team doesn't have that same luxury.

You cant trade him at this point. You would be getting pennies on the dollar. He either takes whatever offer is on the table or we will see him Week 11 and then you can trade him in the off season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the thinking behind getting only 'pennies on the dollar' for Kam?

I get why plenty of teams simply can't make a deal for him because of cap constraints, but Seattle isn't desperate in this situation, they hold all the cards.