• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Paul Allen reported to be done negotiating with Kam

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I am an outsider looking in, but you're defense isn't near as scary to me without Kam. If you trade or lose him, you probably won't be winning anymore titles any time soon. You might not even make the playoffs.
Yeah we hear that kind of talk all the time. We'll see how this works out. At least we aren't the Bears, that has to be depressing to their fans.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him! When do we have a party to burn his jerseys? he is a distraction and is rapidly wearing out his welcome.

Trade him? For who exactly? Two great starters along the OL? Ok sure, but that's not going to happen.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to blame this loss on Kam not being there. But I will say this, Mike Rob said on NFL Network that Kam does so much more than his play on the field. He was saying that in the locker room he pumps up the entire team and gets peoples minds right.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inept play from all the units is why we lose. The team just didn't look to be in sync.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we hear that kind of talk all the time. We'll see how this works out. At least we aren't the Bears, that has to be depressing to their fans.
Yeah, I like to think the Bears have hit rock bottom and have nowhere to go but up. At least we have a half decent coaching staff finally. Hopefully we can get the top pick this year and draft a new QB.

Back on topic, I just don't think the Seattle defense is that great without Kam laying the boom on receivers going through the middle. He's phenomenal at what he does in that defense. However, I do believe he will be back with the Seahawks pretty soon with our without a contract and the Seahawks will return to their dominant defensive style. I also said the Seahawks might not make the playoffs, but that's most likely not a probable outcome unless other players sit out due to injuries.

People are ripping him for wanting a new contract and I kind of get it. Lance Briggs tried to do the same thing to the Bears a few years back. However, you have to realize that a player like Kam will only be able to cash in on his talents a few times before he's spent. Hitting players as hard as Kam does takes a toll. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting nagging injuries that keep him out for long periods of time just due to wear and tear on his body. I think Kam realizes this truth and wants to make sure he's set up for life. This sport is very taxing on the body.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like to think the Bears have hit rock bottom and have nowhere to go but up. At least we have a coaching staff finally.

Back on topic, I just don't think the Seattle defense is that great without Kam laying the boom on receivers going through the middle. He's phenomenal at what he does in that defense. However, I do believe he will be back with the Seahawks pretty soon with our without a contract and the Seahawks will return to their dominant defensive style.

People are ripping him for wanting a new contract and I kind of get it. Lance Briggs tried to do the same thing to the Bears a few years back. However, you have to realize that a player like Kam will only be able to cash in on his talents a few times before he's spent. Hitting players as hard as Kam does takes a toll. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting nagging injuries that keep him out for long periods of time just due to wear and tear on his body. I think Kam realizes this truth and wants to make sure he's set up for life. This sport is very taxing on the body.
Yeah his career will be short, but at the end this is a lose lose kind of deal, very disappointing. Kam is going to lose this and the Seahawks are going to be worse or not as good for the hold out.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like to think the Bears have hit rock bottom and have nowhere to go but up. At least we have a coaching staff finally.

Back on topic, I just don't think the Seattle defense is that great without Kam laying the boom on receivers going through the middle. He's phenomenal at what he does in that defense. However, I do believe he will be back with the Seahawks pretty soon with our without a contract and the Seahawks will return to their dominant defensive style.

Three things lost this game imo:

1. Oline play
2. Receivers getting open underneath
3. Broken tackles by Cunningham in the box.

If Kam is there, i think that 2 & 3 are more limited. But its only the first game without him. The Hawks have shown that they can adapt and evolve, it just takes a little time. Kam is a great player, but really, hes probably the 7th or 8th best player on the team. And dealing with adverisity is part of the game. Looking around the league after today, Seattle isnt the only "contender" feeling with issues. A few of them won today, muy didnt look all that great.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah his career will be short, but at the end this is a lose lose kind of deal, very disappointing. Kam is going to lose this and the Seahawks are going to be worse or not as good for the hold out.
How does Kam lose? Obviously, He's not getting paid to sit out, but it could result in a more lucrative contract. He is also getting rested up. One could argue that the worse the Seahawks defense looks, the better off Kam will be. Ownership knows that super bowl windows usually shut fast (unless youre the cheaters, I mean patriots). Another week or two of the defense giving up a lot of points and the front office could be desperate to get him back on the field. I would like to see him come back next week with the idea that he will be able to renegotiate his contract after the season, but it could be that we aren't getting the full story. Maybe Kam is already feeling a nagging injury and is wanting a new contract while he is considered healthy rather than become known and an injury prone player and have less power to negotiate the best contract he can get.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Kam lose? Obviously, He's not getting paid to sit out, but it could result in a more lucrative contract. He is also getting rested up. One could argue that the worse the Seahawks defense looks, the better off Kam will be. Ownership knows that super bowl windows usually shut fast (unless youre the cheaters, I mean patriots). Another week or two of the defense giving up a lot of points and the front office could be desperate to get him back on the field. I would like to see him come back next week with the idea that he will be able to renegotiate his contract after the season, but it could be that we aren't getting the full story. Maybe Kam is already feeling a nagging injury and is wanting a new contract while he is considered healthy rather than become known and an injury prone player and have less power to negotiate the best contract he can get.
Seahawks can't afford to open the pandora box of having players try to hold out when they have years on their contracts. So their not caving in and Kam is going to be down some serious money.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three things lost this game imo:

1. Oline play
2. Receivers getting open underneath
3. Broken tackles by Cunningham in the box.

If Kam is there, i think that 2 & 3 are more limited. But its only the first game without him. The Hawks have shown that they can adapt and evolve, it just takes a little time. Kam is a great player, but really, hes probably the 7th or 8th best player on the team. And dealing with adverisity is part of the game. Looking around the league after today, Seattle isnt the only "contender" feeling with issues. A few of them won today, muy didnt look all that great.
Well just have to wait and see. I think Kam is much better than the 7th or 8th best player on that team. I could see an argument for players like Wilson, Graham, Lynch, Thomas and Sherman (I think he's better than Sherman, Graham, and Thomas) being better than him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just have to wait and see. I think Kam is much better than the 7th or 8th best player on that team. I could see an argument for players like Wilson, Graham, Lynch, Thomas and Sherman (I think he's better than Sherman, Graham, and Thomas) being better than him.
Much as I love Kams game, he's a strong safety thus less important then many others.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bennett and Wagner are definitely in the conversation too. Interesting take on him being better than Sherman and Thomas. I dont know if ive ever seen any Hawk fans rank him ahead of those two.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just Kam being in there. It's ET not playing in the preseason and being like 70% at best going into the game. Wagner and Wright played like crap as well.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The holdout is stupid. He'll get a marginally better deal if anything unless the Seahawks decide to make an example out of him, in which case they have the power to ruin his career in the NFL. This is the dumbest holdout ever.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to cleanly end this holdout for Kam is to return to practice tomorrow and fire his agent while Seahawks agree to waive his financial penalties in return.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know why everyone is blaming the agent. Kam is a big boy that makes his own way. And this whole thing doesn't seem like something that an agent would be completely supportive of, let alone the mastermind of.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know why everyone is blaming the agent. Kam is a big boy that makes his own way. And this whole thing doesn't seem like something that an agent would be completely supportive of, let alone the mastermind of.

I have this feeling that his agent might have said something at the very beginning before the hold out and now maybe he's trying to get him back on the field but a little to late since Kam has dug in his heels.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Seattle is offering to pay $8.1 mil this year, but reports are Kam Chancellor doesn't get out of bed for more than $9 mil. This is just fucking ridiculous.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per La Canfora:

The Seahawks are prepared to be without stud safety Kam Chancellor for the opening month of the season as he continues to hold out seeking significant alterations to his contract.

Seattle is open to shifting around some future money into next year's contract, but with Chancellor yet to report to the team and staying home, things remain at an impasse. League sources said if Chancellor were to report to the team, show up in good shape, then perhaps the situation could be resolved quickly -- with some moving around of money.

LOBTTFweek1.0.0.jpg

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth Dion Bailey actually had a more impressive debut than Kam Chancellor did when he first started as a rookie.

In Kam's first 6 games he only recorded 2 combined tackles, no sacks, no FF, no INT's, no PD's. Kam only had 17 total tackles that entire first season, plus 2 FF's and one pass defended.
Dion had 4 combined tackles his first game. 3 solo and 1 assist. Pretty decent for rookie thrown into a historic secondary to come through with a decent day. His one stumble that cost us overshadowed his whole performance.

All that means is that rookie's need some time to get used to the NFL and Kam was no different when he started. Bailey could still fill Kam's shoes if he decides to continue his holdout. He just needs some more time to gain experience. Unfortunately for Dion his next game is going to be against arguably the best QB in the NFL over the past 5 years so he's going to get tested early and often.