• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold Predictions

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
AJ Jenkins 100+ yards receiving in the game today.

Reasoning:

This comment by Walker
"I even brought A.J. with me because he's going to be a key factor, in this game, he could be," Walker said.

It sounds like Walker let it slip and added the "he could be" at the end when he realized said something he probably shouldn't have.

Then I thought about it and it does make sense. For one Harbaugh isn't stupid and knows full well that Atlanta is going to be focused on stopping the run and read option which leaves opportunities to make use of Jenkins speed and allow him to get behind defenses who are going to bite on play action.

Also we intentionally didn't show any pistol the last two weeks of the season to take it off film to catch Green Bay off guard. But there is virtually no film on Jenkins and he'd be the last guy the Falcons would expect to be a key part of the game plan thus catching another team off guard with something that didn't really plan for.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AJ Jenkins 100+ yards receiving in the game today.

Reasoning:

This comment by Walker
"I even brought A.J. with me because he's going to be a key factor, in this game, he could be," Walker said.

It sounds like Walker let it slip and added the "he could be" at the end when he realized said something he probably shouldn't have.

Then I thought about it and it does make sense. For one Harbaugh isn't stupid and knows full well that Atlanta is going to be focused on stopping the run and read option which leaves opportunities to make use of Jenkins speed and allow him to get behind defenses who are going to bite on play action.

Also we intentionally didn't show any pistol the last two weeks of the season to take it off film to catch Green Bay off guard. But there is virtually no film on Jenkins and he'd be the last guy the Falcons would expect to be a key part of the game plan thus catching another team off guard with something that didn't really plan for.

it does seem like short and medium routes will be there, but isn't this still Crabtree first? it is easy to think Vernon Davis too, but don't think he runs short routes well?

so yeah, maybe Jenkins would see some action but 100 yards IS bold.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
it does seem like short and medium routes will be there, but isn't this still Crabtree first? it is easy to think Vernon Davis too, but don't think he runs short routes well?

so yeah, maybe Jenkins would see some action but 100 yards IS bold.

Jenkins will run and beat them on deep routes and what you said is why the Falcons defense might be susceptible to a guy like Jenkins.

Because if you're the Falcons defense you're biggest concern is the running attack and the threat CK poses so naturally that's going to be in your head all game and it might cause guys to get jumpy on things like play action and if CK starts moving in the pocket.

Next you're worried about Crabtree and Davis for obvious reason.

And last on your list would be Walker who can make plays (and unfortunately not make them too).

Even Moss is ahead of Jenkins when it comes to things defenses are concerned about.

Basically Jenkins is the least of your worries and most of your prep time was likely spent on the running game/read option, Crabtree, Davis, and Walker since they are bigger threats and you have basically nothing to go on with Jenkins anyways. Which could mean Jenkins will see a lot of favorable matchups and hopefully utilize his speed.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also believe he will be involved more then any other game this year and have a couple targets but he needs to catch the ball first

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw mine in.....LMJ has more total yards and touchdowns than Gore today.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray McDonald has his best game of his career.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon gets 3 sacks today. Gore gets 3 TDs today.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners will win by between 24-31 points. I had a crazy dream last night that the 49ers were playing the Falcons for the Superbowl. Early in the game I caught a 60 yard TD from Taylor Swift. They thought I stepped out of bounds, but after the review the play stood as a TD. The TD that put us up by 31 was a bomb to me but I caught it with two other guys at the same time... Montana and Rice. After that TD I cried. For some reason the Falcons kicked an onsider after that and got it, then proceeded to go 3 and out because they thought they would put Matt Ryan at WR (he was wearing a plaid shirt a beanie and had a beard) and put some other guy in at QB and it was not a pretty site. I tried to get in at safety but was denied and they got a new set of downs. I am not sure if they scored after the new set of downs so that is why it could have been cut to a 24 point lead. There that it is.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold prediction? How's this:

Atlanta looks like they belong on the same field as the eventual SB champs. For a little while.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same thoughts as Jikkle, but instead of Jenkins, it was Davis. Wasn't really sure they'd hide him until this game and then release (like they hid the pistol in the last two regular season games), so that's what would have made it a bold prediction. I don't think they necessarily hi him on purpose, but it seemed like Atlanta dismissed him as an option for awhile. But I didn't predict it because 1) that's jinxing,2) I couldn't come on the computer pre-game, and 3) I'm not that bold.