• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops calls out SEC defenses

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. they don't light everybody up
2. new coach
3. johnny football

They are scoring more against Sec teams than anybody else. And Kevin Sumlin came from Oklahoma.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an issue we Oklahoma fans are struggling with right now. :L

That was kind of my original point. If Bob isn't smart enough to put together an offense that can score on lowly WVU's defense, maybe he ought not talk smack about some established defenses.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the norm :suds:

i went to LSU, then UNT

(but i don't give a rat's ass about UNT sports)

You might if they didn't suck at everything. The decision between unt and LSU isn't a hard one.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Bob Stoops would call out the Nebraska Defense.

The Nebraska defensive coaches would hike up their skirts and tell Stoops that their husbands will not be happy to hear that Bob called them out.

ahhh yes...The Blackskirts

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was kind of my original point. If Bob isn't smart enough to put together an offense that can score on lowly WVU's defense, maybe he ought not talk smack about some established defenses.

Oh, no question bob needs to keep his mouth shut. The best thing for Oklahoma to do is keep their heads down and win this week's game.

You really need to lay off the WVU thing. That was knight's offense. Now it's bell's. Judge this offense by what happens after bell took over. We've been over that.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stoops started a freshman qb who threw int's all over the red zone. Since then Blake Bell has come in and set records. Trevor Knight was playing like an Sec quarterback.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might if they didn't suck at everything. The decision between unt and LSU isn't a hard one.

It all depends on the school within the school.

Too many people look at overall general rankings... when all that really matters if the school within you studied with.

I actually went to:

MIT and RPI for engineering.
Florida for my Finance degree.
Northwestern for my MBA.

They were all good ... but I would put RPI and MIT in front of both Florida and Northwestern based on my experience. And most people have no clue who RPI is... unless you work for NASA or somewhere like that.

Actually, if we are talking Ice Hockey, I will put RPI in front of most schools in this country... they are a pretty solid hockey team at D1 level (even though all other sports in a school of 4,000 are D3)

Last edited by a moderator:

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couple of things...

that game was never in jeopardy... Florida had a solid lead going into the final quarter and sat on the ball. Take away that last score form OU... it wasn't close.

Also, the real point of my post is we hear non-stop how great the OU offense is and how the SEC defenses can't keep up...

we heard it then... and we are hearing it now.

So OU was literally scoring like 70pts against most teams back then... and Florida held them under 20.

That is a BIG deal to most people... and is a major statement of what a solid defense can do to a B12 offense. Miss did the SAME thing to Texas Tech that year in the bowl. Too bad Texas didn't get an SEC team that year, else we would have had a 3 peat on SEC defenses vs. B12 offenses.

That game in 2008 was never in jeopardy... after those goal line stands.. the momentum was in Florida's court and was never given back.

Well of course it's a big deal that UF held the highest scoring offense under 20. OU moved the ball at will on many occasions with unfortunate two goal line stops and turnovers by UF. You're crazy if you think Bradford couldn't have set OU up for scoring if Black doesn't rip the ball from the wr's hands at the UF 40 for the pic. Lets not forget the last second of the first half where the wr tips the ball that was thrown straight to the numbers for a td instead picked by wright. Dont kid yourself, OU easily could have turned the tide in the 4th. I'm not sure how you can be so arrogant considering it was a great game.

Also, after OU put up 64 on Tech they were done. Hell they should have lost to a terrible Baylor team the next week. It's not a shock that Tech lost to a decent Ole Miss team. As for UT, UT was a different team than OU. Texas was as a team more complete than OU's. Their style of play was different. I actually think UF would have had a harder time with UT than they did with OU.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
offense is completely different. i hate OU, but you have to admit 200+ rushing yards on ND is impressive. They are running a power game out of 4-5 wr sets. Very hard to defend. I do not think Bell is a great passer, but he brings a toughness to what has been a soft offense. I always believed OU would have a plus offense this yr and it looks liek it jsut took a little time to find the formula. The DL, now that is a real issue. I think you are barking up the wrong tree on this one. OSU beat Buffalo by just 20 pts, does that mean Baylor beats OSU by 30?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
offense is completely different. i hate OU, but you have to admit 200+ rushing yards on ND is impressive. They are running a power game out of 4-5 wr sets. Very hard to defend. I do not think Bell is a great passer, but he brings a toughness to what has been a soft offense. I always believed OU would have a plus offense this yr and it looks liek it jsut took a little time to find the formula. The DL, now that is a real issue. I think you are barking up the wrong tree on this one. OSU beat Buffalo by just 20 pts, does that mean Baylor beats OSU by 30?

The thing is, mike stoops recognizes the lack of depth at D Line and the strength at linebacker and has developed schemes that have been pretty impressive so far.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no question bob needs to keep his mouth shut. The best thing for Oklahoma to do is keep their heads down and win this week's game.

You really need to lay off the WVU thing. That was knight's offense. Now it's bell's. Judge this offense by what happens after bell took over. We've been over that.

Stoops started a freshman qb who threw int's all over the red zone. Since then Blake Bell has come in and set records. Trevor Knight was playing like an Sec quarterback.

Both of you guys - I'm not saying OU's offense now isn't good. It's clearly running better under Bell. What I'm saying right now is that Stoops needs to be quiet about other defenses when he trotted out a truly pathetic offense at the beginning of the season. If you guys are saying Knight was so clearly not ready to play, what does that say about not only Stoops' coaching ability, but OU's defense, who Knight won the competition against? Would Knight still be the QB if he hadn't gotten hurt?

-

Your point about Baylor and Buffalo is stupid, I never said W&M would beat Oklahoma. I was using it to illustrate my point that clearly WVU's defense isn't good.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No knight was pulled in the 2nd half of the West Virginia game in favor of Bell.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of you guys - I'm not saying OU's offense now isn't good. It's clearly running better under Bell. What I'm saying right now is that Stoops needs to be quiet about other defenses when he trotted out a truly pathetic offense at the beginning of the season. If you guys are saying Knight was so clearly not ready to play, what does that say about not only Stoops' coaching ability, but OU's defense, who Knight won the competition against? Would Knight still be the QB if he hadn't gotten hurt?

Knight's talent is 100% there and I have no doubt he was very impressive in practice. But doing it in practice and doing it in front of 85k screaming fans are two very different things. Again, I agree stoops needs to shit his mouth and worry about winning their games.

As for knight, I think bell would've taken over regardless. The injury was just very convenient.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knight's talent is 100% there and I have no doubt he was very impressive in practice. But doing it in practice and doing it in front of 85k screaming fans are two very different things. Again, I agree stoops needs to shit his mouth and worry about winning their games.

As for knight, I think bell would've taken over regardless. The injury was just very convenient.

I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Sounds turrible. :happy:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was kind of thinking that myself.