• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bird V Lebron @ age 30

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaneman pretending lebron is the best player ever:

View attachment 92489

Never said that but you saying he is reserve worthy is just dumb. I guess we should be used to that regarding your posts though :L

And yes, everyone knows my stance on Lebron when he left. I said I would have left if I was in his position also.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that but you saying he is reserve worthy is just dumb. I guess we should be used to that regarding your posts though :L

And yes, everyone knows my stance on Lebron when he left. I said I would have left if I was in his position also.

If lebron stayed in Miami I bet you'd pick Bird 10 times out of 10 too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, no one unbiased would pick lebron.

Ignore the fact that he was recently voted ahead of Magic.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhh....no.

I have already said I don't blame him for leaving. I obviously was disappointed, but Cleveland management did nothing to help him in Cleveland the first time around. It is what it is

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh....no.

I have already said I don't blame him for leaving. I obviously was disappointed, but Cleveland management did nothing to help him in Cleveland the first time around. It is what it is

There's one thing to not blame him for leaving but you could still hate his ass - and don't pretend you didn't; everyone in cleveland did!
Half of ohio was clogged up with smoke the day after 'The Decision' from all the lebron jersey being burned. I bet if you asked a cavs fan then who was the greatest SF of all time most would pick at least three or four guys before mentioning lebron.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half of ohio was clogged up with smoke the day after 'The Decision' from all the lebron jersey being burned. I bet if you asked a cavs fan then who was the greatest SF of all time most would pick at least three or four guys before mentioning lebron.

Of course every CAVALIERS fan would have answered LARRY BIRD in the summer of 2011...and maybe others.
Every sane person would have done so as well.

But it is 2016. The Lebron resume has improved quite a bit since 2011.

Lebron has added 2 titles, 5 straight finals appearances (probably 6 soon), 2 MVPs, and 5 MVP top 5 finishes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one thing to not blame him for leaving but you could still hate his ass - and don't pretend you didn't; everyone in cleveland did!

Whatever makes you sleep at night. I knew he was gone before he left. I knew if they didn't win that Boston series he was gone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever makes you sleep at night. I knew he was gone before he left. I knew if they didn't win that Boston series he was gone.

Who cares about that? I never asked you for your predictions before The Decision. You would have picked Bird over lebron the moment his ass was on a plane to Florida.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about that? I never asked you for your predictions before The Decision. You would have picked Bird over lebron the moment his ass was on a plane to Florida.

The thing is nobody gives a fuck to compare Lebron halfway through his career to Bird's full career. He is better now and that's all that matters. Deal with it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Elgin Baylor lost like 9 times in the finals -- never won one. Jerry West was something like 1-8 in the Finals.

(FYI -- I like both of those guys a lot ... I think it is better to get to the Finals and lose than to never make the finals.)

Exactly!

People make far too much of Jordan's 6-0 finals record. Just because Jordan lost in the conference semis and the conference finals that is somehow better than losing in the finals?

losing in the Finals does not make somebody a choker. You have to have a damn good team just to get there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a two way street. I heard guys on M@M this morning butthutt because older players don't give Steph credit for being a great player, but how is that any different than them downgrading the game of a guy like, say, Wilt? It's always, "there were no great centers then, like this era with Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, etc".....except none of those guys play today either. Put Wilt in today's game, with tidays rules, no forearm in the back, etc, and tell me he wouldn't be just as great. Understand that Anthony Davis just put up a 50/20 lol

He would not be just as great. Wilt was not very skilled. One of his go to moves was a backhand flip toward the rim over the head of his 6 inch smaller defender. When it missed, he often tipped it back in because he was so much bigger.

There is a reason you don't see any bigs today utilizing that move. It is not really a move. Put Wilt in the league today and he is somewhere between Dwight Howard and Shaq. He would be good, not necessarily an all time great.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

People make far too much of Jordan's 6-0 finals record. Just because Jordan lost in the conference semis and the conference finals that is somehow better than losing in the finals?

losing in the Finals does not make somebody a choker. You have to have a damn good team just to get there.

Its so refreshing not being the one to have to point out how illogical it is to look at Finals record.