• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bird V Lebron @ age 30

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Highkin ‎@highkin

Kobe on 2004 free agency and 2007 trade demand: “My wife and I were planning travel arrangements for Chicago. Looking at schools and homes."

And yet, he's retiring a Laker. Go figure. I guess he was trying to get the FO to do something. Just like he and the Lakers said.

You can bring up all of the old quotes from back when all of that was going on and it doesn't change the fact that he's retiring a Laker. Once he issued the ultimatums, it would have been stupid for him to not start making preparations in case the Lakers didn't respond.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's not speculation at all, both Kobe and the Lakers said as much. Don't get me wrong, if management hadn't done something, Kobe would have either forced a trade or left via FA, but his reason for demanding the trade was to get the FO to get busy.

Also, I never claimed their situations were similar. However, Lebron should have either stood by what he said, or he shouldn't have said it. You act like Kobe demanding a trade is somehow as bad or worse than Lebron leaving. The difference is, Kobe actually gave the Lakers a chance to do something. Lebron just left.

And before you claim that Lebron gave Cleveland every chance before he hit FA, the Cavs did try to improve the roster every year and all of the moves were approved of and even suggested by Lebron. But instead of sticking around to try and fix the situation he helped create, he just bailed.

There is nothing wrong with Kobe asking for a trade, whatever his reasons were, and there was nothing wrong with LeBron leaving Cleveland. The issue was In how he did it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing wrong with Kobe asking for a trade, whatever his reasons were, and there was nothing wrong with LeBron leaving Cleveland. The issue was In how he did it.

I never said Lebron leaving was wrong in the sense that he was an FA and had earned the right to go wherever he wanted. What was wrong was that he made a promise to Cavs fans that he didn't honor, helped to create the situation the team was in and then bailed on them. So yeah, ultimately, we agree on this.

I would be just as critical of Kobe if he had said the things Lebron did and then left. I've never been much of a Kobe fan anyway. Back when the Shaq/Kobe stuff was going on, I was on team "Keep Shaq." Fortunately, Dr. Buss was smarter than I am. :lol:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Larry and all he and the others did for Boston but the game has changed.
Like foot ball & baseball.
Yes the NBA has changed but not for the better in my opinion.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the NBA has changed but not for the better in my opinion.

Yeah, just because something changes, doesn't mean that's a good thing. The game changed from the 80's to the 90's, but not in a good way. It's changed again to where it's better than what we saw in the 90's, but not as good as what we saw in the 80's as far as style of play, imo.

Reactions: GNG

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why leave in the first place? It could be as simple as he found himself an easier path to a title and really didn't care as much about Cleveland as he claimed. Although I'm sure Lebroniacs don't wanna hear (or believe) that.

I'm not a Cavs fan. Go call an actual Cavs fan a Lebroniac instead. And I really don't care why he left in the first place or that he even returned for that matter.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Cavs fan. Go call an actual Cavs fan a Lebroniac instead. And I really don't care why he left in the first place or that he even returned for that matter.

Didn't call you a Lebroniac, I referred to Lebrobniacs. I know you're one of them bastid Celtics fans. :lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't call you a Lebroniac, I referred to Lebrobniacs. I know you're one of them bastid Celtics fans. :lol:

Good deal. Wow the Warriors are really having a decent season huh?:D

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Physically weaker? No. The rules have changed. Players are more athletic than ever before. There was nobody like LeBron in the 90s.
Lebron would still be great, but like anyone else playing those rules, he'd have to play a different game. I've always thought LeBron had a more similar too(but not quite as good as) Magic than MJ.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron would still be great, but like anyone else playing those rules, he'd have to play a different game. I've always thought LeBron had a more similar too(but not quite as good as) Magic than MJ.

I agree he is much more similar to Magic.

As for the comparison, that is harder. Magic had better intangibles than LeBron, but LeBron is a far superior athlete. I think they are very close as far as where they should be ranked all time. Some will pick LeBron, some will take Magic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is much more similar to Magic.

As for the comparison, that is harder. Magic had better intangibles than LeBron, but LeBron is a far superior athlete. I think they are very close as far as where they should be ranked all time. Some will pick LeBron, some will take Magic.

Yeah, I've said all along that Lebron is a faster, stronger Magic. If Lebron had Magic's intangibles, he'd have at least 2 more rings, imo.