• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Russell talking out his ass, making sure people know about his titles

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cl 67 too funny. And I was eating popcorn!

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel desperate at all. I simply supplied a intelligent source , one of the greatest lakers and basketball minds, who lost to bill and used his own opinion of Bill to discount the thread started about Bill. I am irritating some because I stand by Jerry's and other of that Era of his greatness. This eliminates the emotions and opinions of those on here who never saw of knew the era. Seems fairly logical

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody can turn LogicMan into a Laker fan it's Jerry West.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now dreams , did you know that Magic is one of my favorite players?

Everyday miracles can happen !0

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're pretending that there was tons of talent in the league. It was almost all either on Boston or LA, except for The Big O and a few others. You believe something that just isn't true, LM. And I feel sorry for you because it sounds like this delusion is something you hold very dear. It must be painful to hear the naked truth that Bill Russell was an average basketball player on a literal All-Star team. He wouldn't make today's D-League. Sorry, man. I have to tell the truth.

I don't really believe it was Russells fault the Celtics drafted so well. But this whole argument is pretty weak. Number one draft picks routinely did not make the rosters back in those days. The talent pool was not nearly what it is today, but with only 8 teams, it was surely more concentrated.

They dominated their era with Russell. Won 11 rings. End of story. If he is a pompous fuck, who really cares?

On the other hand, many of the old greats would not be able to compete today (unless, perhaps, they were trained and fed like modern players). Guys like Wilt, Spencer, Oscar and Doctor J would be great today. But they were athletic freaks of nature in their time.

Anyway, the most important thing is that the Heat lost last night. Two to go. :yahoo:

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm laughing at the children hating on Bill and the Celtics.... flashbacks to the hate of 6o's so I'm lighting a Victory Cigar.

2 consecutive National Titles with ? SanFrancisco ? team that closed it's doors after Russell left.
Then an Olympic TItle..... all while scoring just 6 pts a game. AUERBACH SAW IT !

on a team of HOFers?

Great begets Great... Cousy makes it on his own (an innovator) but only played several yrs w/ Bill.
Satch Sanders a defensive demon ( Auerbach was a D-Genius) but Satch likely doesn't get a HOF induction w/ out the Bill Rings
Would Heinsohn be inducted so quickly if he'd not won the RINGS that BIll was such a major part of?
Sam Jones had a beautiful shot "To late" ... Johnny Most
KC Jones (defense) is not a HOFer w/out BIll rings (as a player)
HOFer Havlicek ... simply ran opponents into the floor > remember that guy in school that would just never stop running!
Sharman & Ramsey were legit at the time but..... and each played just 4+/- yrs w/ Russell.
2 constsnts Red & Bill

Wilt was great... Bill Russell's mothers favorite player (Wilt would eat and stay at Bill's house when in Boston. They were friends neither intimidated the other they had GREAT respect for each other. Red never liked this..
When Wilt signed for #1000,000. .... Shortly after REd paid Bill $100,001... !

It had been written that Russell & Red would NOT play LOCK DOWN D vs Wilt until the last 3-5 minutes of a game. Again go back to any organized teams you'd played on when there was 1 player that could not be stopped on your team and took all the shots... as a kid = no fun. Still in the NBA (ego's).... Wilt's teammates phased out and didn't run like the Celtics. and they could not kick it into gear at the end of games when Bill and all the HOFers responsible for his Rings locked down Wilt.

Celtic Haters today ain't got nothin' vs the hate of the 60's and Red's ever present V-cigar !
For all the Russell haters - Claiming that Bill won soley because of teammates is an insult to Wilts former teammates (Philly and L.A.)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Jerry Wests opinion over all of yours . You should too. C'mon you guys have first got to debate his intelligence if you want this argument to
Change .

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

Babe Ruth took Hal Chase as the first baseman on his "All-Time" team in his autobiography. Even if you discount it based on his supposed personal conflicts with Lou Gehrig, there's no such explanation for Jimmie Foxx and many others accepted as Chase's superior. Ruth was a great player and he certainly knew the game. But that didn't make him always right.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think babe Ruth was considered one of the best minds of his game and era.

I do applaud the try. Another argument required

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill only lost the title in two of his 13 years of play, despite roster rebuilds several times, and in one of those years of loss he actually could not play game 7 due to injury.

Simply amazing

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses are like assholes, everybody has them.

"But you know Bill made all his teammates better, that and the rings made them HOF'rs."

:laugh3:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After much study and game analysis of the Finals, I have come here to inform Hammerdown of a discovery that he may find difficult to believe. The discovery:

Bill Russell > Mario Chalmers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After much study and game analysis of the Finals, I have come here to inform Hammerdown of a discovery that he may find difficult to believe. The discovery:

Bill Russell > Mario Chalmers

Barely, but I agree. That just moved Russell way up there

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think babe Ruth was considered one of the best minds of his game and era.

I do applaud the try. Another argument required

Well then you think wrong. He basically reinvented the game with his ability to swing the bat. Just because he came across as an attention whore and a slob doesn't mean that he didn't know all of the fine points of swinging a baseball bat because he obviously did.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please advise me where he was paid to evaluate, draft and roster teams, let alone turn them into champions.

Logic is not prevailing this evening

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry West - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

quick link here on how he created two different Lakers teams from scratch as General Manager

He was arguably more a success as a GM than as a player

Thats Jerry West the bball mind

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please advise me where he was paid to evaluate, draft and roster teams, let alone turn them into champions.

Logic is not prevailing this evening

Ok. Well we can throw Ted Williams into the same bucket as Babe Ruth then.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, people start questioning how great St. Bill and the rest of the Celtics were given the fact that they played against guys who had to work jobs on the side because there was no money in the sport and Boston fans get all worked up.