• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Russell talking out his ass, making sure people know about his titles

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at this topic from last year because the linked to analysis that is pretty good imo:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...n/101421-fascinating-pace-adjusted-stats.html

The most relevant part:

NBA Stars of 1960s Pace Adjusted Stats | Double Dribble

Bill Russell : 12 ppg, 12 rebs, 4 blks.

He's essentially Joakim Noah. Very good player but his status has a lot more to do with what's around him than his own skill set.

I totally disagree. If Russell were born in 1987, he'd have grown up with all the modern technology, nutrition, supplements, camps, AAU, etc. Combine that with his natural talent and work ethic and drive, and he'd be a superstar. I'm 45, and I watched the great Jordan, Bird and Magic teams. Players are bigger and stronger as a whole, but with the advent of one and done or straight out of HS to the pro's, their basketball IQ and shooting level have gone to shit. Look at what a smart, old school team is doing to the Heat. IMO, the Pistons, Bulls, Celtics or Lakers of that era would beat the living crap out of any of todays teams

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree. If Russell were born in 1987, he'd have grown up with all the modern technology, nutrition, supplements, camps, AAU, etc. Combine that with his natural talent and work ethic and drive, and he'd be a superstar. I'm 45, and I watched the great Jordan, Bird and Magic teams. Players are bigger and stronger as a whole, but with the advent of one and done or straight out of HS to the pro's, their basketball IQ and shooting level have gone to shit. Look at what a smart, old school team is doing to the Heat. IMO, the Pistons, Bulls, Celtics or Lakers of that era would beat the living crap out of any of todays teams

Russell's era was vastly different than Magic and Bird's era.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tsk tsk guys, your letting offense field goal attempts dominate by using those stats. Russell was a efficient scorer, but scoring was never his priority. He out rebounded, out blocked, out assisted , and out hustled all the others, despite being so short as a center. And he did that Ina. League where everyone else were scores, and not rare. He especially elevated those stats in his playoff runs. He touched the ball at such a high percentage because he was involved in every play. Did he shoot the ball as much as wilt ? No, because shooters were everywhere. His legacy is his defense, passing and elevated game and decision making. But defense is not how champions develop and defensive players get all the attention to float their ego. And that's why Russell will never win any rings and Wilt will dominate the league.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I heard little Timmy Duncan had 10 points last night? Guess what? I've won more championships than he had points? Do you how many? ... 11 ... That's more than 10... its 11" - Bill

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon, your Lebron was the top scorer last night, and by alot, but you got spanked by a player who did something else to you, and in fact in this series has been the best player out there even though he did not "score" the most like Lebron.

Star factor baby, stars win stars win! (as Pop laughs to another ring with his "subpar" players)

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell walks in the movie theater screaming and throwing his arms up, "I got 11 rings mother fuckers!!!"

Everyone immediately storms out.

Shanemans walks into a thread and doesn't know when to quit while he's ahead.

Translation: your first joke was kinda funny, but the rest have been pretty bad.

You suck, get off the stage.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanemans walks into a thread and doesn't know when to quit while he's ahead.

Translation: your first joke was kinda funny, but the rest have been pretty bad.

You suck, get off the stage.

The Pacers suck, just accept it. And Bill Russell is the most overrated HOF'r ever.

DealWithIt.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Ruffin > Bill Russell

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ultra-competitive matchups between the Columbus Corn Silos and Springfield Barnstormers. :L
Were the Washington Generals in the league then?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were the Washington Generals in the league then?

I'm not sure if they came in after the War of 1812 or the Spanish-American War. :noidea:

"The War of 1812 began right after 1811. Oh, hey! Speaking of '11..." - Bill Russell

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if they came in after the War of 1812 or the Spanish-American War. :noidea:

"The War of 1812 began right after 1811. Oh, hey! Speaking of '11..." - Bill Russell
He was incredibly well conditioned for a 165 year old man.