• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about the OKC Thunder

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kills me to say this but this team is on a bath to win multiple championships. It won't be this year or next but their young core of Shai, Chet, Giddey and Williams looks ridiculous. A bunch of young little kids winning games against grown men this reminds me when they had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. My heart sinks seeing them be so good and its been about 15 years since the NBA was in Seattle. Looking at how young OKC is I think once GS fades away, Lebron retires, as well as these other stars who are 30+, OKC will be unstoppable. Tell me I am wrong....

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kills me to say this but this team is on a bath to win multiple championships. It won't be this year or next but their young core of Shai, Chet, Giddey and Williams looks ridiculous. A bunch of young little kids winning games against grown men this reminds me when they had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. My heart sinks seeing them be so good and its been about 15 years since the NBA was in Seattle. Looking at how young OKC is I think once GS fades away, Lebron retires, as well as these other stars who are 30+, OKC will be unstoppable. Tell me I am wrong....
Yes... very reminiscent of when Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka won all those titles with OKC... good point.

:peep:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... very reminiscent of when Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka won all those titles with OKC... good point.

:peep:

I guess you got me there

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you got me there
In fairness, the book on this current iteration of OKC is yet to be written.

Gobs of talent and potential on the current roster already... and gobs of future draft capital on top of that.

Still... potential is the easier part. Turning that potential into actual Championship(s) is the real test.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, the book on this current iteration of OKC is yet to be written.

Gobs of talent and potential on the current roster already... and gobs of future draft capital on top of that.

Still... potential is the easier part. Turning that potential into actual Championship(s) is the real test.

I think the turning point in which I don't think they would make the same mistake again was that the ownership was too cheap to keep Harden and he left to Houston. The team got worse which frustrated Durant into leaving and eventually Westbrook. I'm sure they will do everything they can to keep Shai, Giddey and Chet.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the turning point in which I don't think they would make the same mistake again was that the ownership was too cheap to keep Harden and he left to Houston. The team got worse which frustrated Durant into leaving and eventually Westbrook. I'm sure they will do everything they can to keep Shai, Giddey and Chet.
No way to know if Harden would have helped in any way. We kind of know what he is all about now for sure. The biggest problem with that team was a lack of shooters. That is no longer a problem.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here We Go Again GIF

This is @msgkings322 alt. Gotta be

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way to know if Harden would have helped in any way. We kind of know what he is all about now for sure. The biggest problem with that team was a lack of shooters. That is no longer a problem.

The biggest problem was Scott Brooks horrible coaching.

Playing vets who had nothing left in the tank over young studs and creating the Russ monster.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem was Scott Brooks horrible coaching.

Playing vets who had nothing left in the tank over young studs and creating the Russ monster.
I’ll say yes to some of that for sure, Brooks wasn’t good. I just push back on the old diatribe that the Thunder were cheap with Harden. The little bit of money was used as a reason to move on from him. We don’t know what would have happened, we just know the direction the Thunder chose.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They've got another season or two before the extensions come into play. They will need to thin the herd a bit eventually, likely via trade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll say yes to some of that for sure, Brooks wasn’t good. I just push back on the old diatribe that the Thunder were cheap with Harden. The little bit of money was used as a reason to move on from him. We don’t know what would have happened, we just know the direction the Thunder chose.

Ultimately, Harden hasn't proven OKC wrong yet. No rings and several forced trades later...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got another season or two before the extensions come into play. They will need to thin the herd a bit eventually, likely via trade.

Yes true that 2026-27 year timeframe there will be a lot of big decisions made.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In other words...a couple more years until Chet is a Laker. :heh:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words...a couple more years until Chet is a Laker. :heh:
Lmao, no. You can count on him being in the OKC for his first 8 years, minimum.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The West will run through the Wolves for at least the next 15 years