• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Russell talking out his ass, making sure people know about his titles

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell (and his teammates) - only players to win back to back Finals against teams with losing records.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell (and his teammates) - only players to win back to back Finals against teams with losing records.

LogicMan? Care to make a statement about this? :noidea:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer , your a glutton for punishment

Ncaa titles Russell two. Wilt Zero
MVP titles. Russell five. Wilt four
NBA titles. Russell 11. Wilt 2

At all levels, judged by all peer, Russell s game delivered the results.

I am really enjoying teaching you history

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if facts can't convince you, we just need to agree to disagree. I think Jerry west is telling the truth and your own famous hero of the day is a liar. It's your emotions you need to get over

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The 2014 Charlotte Bobcats had 11 more wins than one of the NBA Finals teams we beat.....speaking of the number 11. Did you know that I have 11 rings??"

--Bill Russell

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horn so much hate. Why so? By the way good luck in game 2. Mr Duncan is way underrated

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Bill Russell. He is just easy comedy.
He says these stupid things all the time and makes himself a target.

Nobody ever talks about their own accomplishment more than Russell.
And that is fine. He deserves a big ego. All stars deserve big egos.
Plenty of stars brag about their accomplishments, but nobody does it like Russell.

He always frames egomaniacal self worship it in some half-ass effort to make it appear humble.
He seems oblivious to the fact he is making 180 degrees his intended point.

And he tries to make it sound like some deep thoughts from an ancient master of higher wisdom.

It is unintentionally hilarious stuff.
That is not hating Russell. That is laughing at the irony of his statements.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Bill Russell. He is just easy comedy.
He says these stupid things all the time and makes himself a target.

Nobody ever talks about their own accomplishment more than Russell.
And that is fine. He deserves a big ego. All stars deserve big egos.
Plenty of stars brag about their accomplishments, but nobody does it like Russell.

He always frames egomaniacal self worship it in some half-ass effort to make it appear humble.
He seems oblivious to the fact he is making 180 degrees his intended point.

And he tries to make it sound like some deep thoughts from an ancient master of higher wisdom.

It is unintentionally hilarious stuff.
That is not hating Russell. That is laughing at the irony of his statements.

Not to mention that rustling the jimmies of Celtics fans and Russellites is always fun.:whistle:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if facts can't convince you, we just need to agree to disagree. I think Jerry west is telling the truth and your own famous hero of the day is a liar. It's your emotions you need to get over

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k]Lighten Up Francis - YouTube[/ame]

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahhh, okay! So you're just going to back off quietly on this one where you bluffed about Jerry West since I know you were lying. You're doing the right thing, LogicMan. :suds:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer did u read the link I posted ? At least attempt to read the links. It was all their for you how West goes gaga discussing Bill.

Can't deny Bill has the big ego, but his dominance over the Lakers and Wilt is in the books , and that's after many tries by both to dethrone him

Little brothers need to remember your place

Carry on

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell was a great player and his game would translate into a HOF career in any era. But he played in an era with 8 teams, 2 rounds of playoffs and little money for the players. The night that Chamberlain scored 100 points he actually had to get a ride home with members of the opposing team in one of their cars. So all the titles are great but let's not pretend that it wasn't easier with the shape the league was in vs. today. He's just a grumpy guy who's kind of full of himself and insecure at the same time and feels the need to constantly remind everyone that he's still around. Let's not turn him into a saint because he isn't one.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't deny Bill has the big ego, but his dominance over the Lakers and Wilt is in the books

Bill Russell dominated no one, certainly not Wilt Chamberlain. You're delusional.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer , your a glutton for punishment

Ncaa titles Russell two. Wilt Zero
MVP titles. Russell five. Wilt four
NBA titles. Russell 11. Wilt 2

At all levels, judged by all peer, Russell s game delivered the results.

I am really enjoying teaching you history

grammar-nazi-meme-generator-spell-it-right-911265.gif

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 titles before the league got watered down . And he won those against wilt . Facts are facts, but do believe today's watered down league is "tougher"

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 titles before the league got watered down . And he won those against wilt . Facts are facts, but do believe today's watered down league is "tougher"

You're pretending that there was tons of talent in the league. It was almost all either on Boston or LA, except for The Big O and a few others. You believe something that just isn't true, LM. And I feel sorry for you because it sounds like this delusion is something you hold very dear. It must be painful to hear the naked truth that Bill Russell was an average basketball player on a literal All-Star team. He wouldn't make today's D-League. Sorry, man. I have to tell the truth.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good god, son, you just can't face reality.

Here is a snippet from an article written on BleacherReport. You may not agree with the opinions of the writer but the facts are undeniable.

Russell’s teams also were stacked with future Hall of Famers and All-Stars, including John Havlicek, Bob Cousy, Sam Jones, Tom Heinsohn, KC Jones, and Bill Sharman. The Celtics teams had far superior talent overall than any other team during his era. And despite all of this talent, Boston barely beat the Lakers in three separate finals, each in seven games.

In four game seven wins against teams led by Wilt Chamberlain, Boston won by a combined nine points. When Boston finally met up with a team that was just as talented—a 1967 Philadelphia 76ers cast that included Chamberlain, Hal Greer, Chet Walker, and Billy Cunningham—the Celtics were unable to win.

Bill Russell: An Overrated NBA Legend | Bleacher Report