• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Team in AFC East?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see Mac with a Rookie of the year chance?

I think it's a 3 person race with Mac Jones.... WR Ja'Marr Chase and LB Micah Parsons. But if we do finish with 11-12 wins it should go to Mac. He is playing the most difficult position in all of sports.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it selfish of me to want the Pats to finish less than first overall in the AFC...behind the Titans...??

I want to see a playoff game and only spend....oh...about half my retirement.
Patriots win, Titans still host a playoff game. Playoff games in TN are cheap. You selfish bastard!
I flew to Foxboro for Titans. Patriots playoff games in 2004. It was -4 at halftime. Deal with it!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots win, Titans still host a playoff game. Playoff games in TN are cheap. You selfish bastard!
I flew to Foxboro for Titans. Patriots playoff games in 2004. It was -4 at halftime. Deal with it!
I still can picture Bethel Johnson laying out for a Brady bomb and landing on that concrete of a field... Overall Bethel (didn't want to abbreviate his name with the children around here) was a bit of a disappointment, but he earned ALL of his money on that catch.

Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want too...I really really want too.

But I also want to retire someday.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can picture Bethel Johnson laying out for a Brady bomb and landing on that concrete of a field... Overall Bethel was a bit of a disappointment, but he earned ALL of his money on that cath.
That was the game I got to ride the train with a member of Patriots staff after the game. Interesting conversation.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots lead not only the division but are #1 in the AFC.

Buffalo has lost 4 of last 7 games and go to Tampa next week.
I'm going to predict that Miami overtakes Buffalo in the standings

I know I keep repeating myself but I hope to hell NE affords the luxury of resting their starters in the final week of the season because Miami is going to show up and I could see some injuries happening if NE absolutely must win that game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an updated look at the AFC playoff picture with some of today's updates.. The Bills are down 17-3 as I type.

The Ravens haven fallen to the 4th spot with their loss today. If the Bills lose, they fall out and the Colts take their spot.

Think Saturday's game could get more intense? Then the Bills come to Foxboro and will try to stop the run again.

In a Playoff Spot​

1. New England Patriots, 9-4 (AFC East leader)

2. Tennessee Titans, 9-4 (AFC South leader)

3. )Kansas City Chiefs, 9-4 (AFC West leader)

4. Baltimore Ravens, 8-5 (AFC North leader)Kansas City Chiefs, 9-4 (AFC West leader)

5. Los Angeles Chargers, 7-5 (First wild card)

6. Cincinnati Bengals, 7-5 (Second wild card)

7. Buffalo Bills, 7-5 (Third wild card)

On the Bubble​

8. Indianapolis Colts, 7-6

9. Las Vegas Raiders, 6-7

10. Pittsburgh Steelers, 6-6-1

11. Cleveland Browns, 7-6

12. Denver Broncos, 7-6

13. Miami Dolphins, 6-7

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills have really been a disappointment this year. Not sure what their issue is but what they are doing…ain’t working.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills have really been a disappointment this year. Not sure what their issue is but what they are doing…ain’t working.
Bills have made an incredible comeback in the second galf and the Bucs are back on their heels.

Brady is starting to lose his accuracy. He's missed at least six passes that he should have easily made. Several of them were terrible pitches that hist the ground before getting to the receiver. I hate to say he's looking old. Today he got all of the QB career records and it makes me wonder if that had something to do with his play.

Brady just took a shot to the head. No call. Holding on both teams.

Brady just got sacked. 3;13 left 27-24.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1639399765594.png

jets/texans/jags eliminated

lots to be decided still

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1639399765594.png
If the playoffs were to start Saturday, the Patriots would have a bye.

#7 Bills vs #2 Titans
#6 Colts vs #3 Chiefs
#5 Chargers vs #4 Ravens

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on the Bills, Chiefs and Chargers.

Chargers vs Patriots and Bills vs Chiefs would be my guess after the wild card round.

Wouldn't it a great AFC Championship with the Bills and Patriots playing in Foxboro for a third time??

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because someone mentioned coaching as the source of their downfall. So if it is the same coach, I would think there is a different reason they’re struggling. Like a harder schedule or…?
A variety of reasons.
Changes made them less able to run and double down on passing.
Even improvements don't always yield the results you want.
Coaches started to believe in themselves.
Team was hungry last year and soft this year.
Schedule was similar but Bills suffered a letdown after being crowned Superbowl champions before this season.
Other teams have seen the tape on Josh Allen. They know they can pressure him into "hero ball"
Several teams have created a blueprint for defeating the Bills.
It is not a round ball. Luck of the bounce plays into a teams record.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching....
"McDermott was so flabbergasted, CBS’ Tracy Wolfson reported he was “struggling with words” and becoming “real emotional” when trying to explain the Bills’ putrid first half. Those descriptions track with McDermott’s performance at the podium last Monday night, in which he said he didn’t want to give Belichick too much credit for his game plan and threw one of his starting kick returners under the bus."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because someone mentioned coaching as the source of their downfall. So if it is the same coach, I would think there is a different reason they’re struggling. Like a harder schedule or…?
They won the division last year, so they play a number of teams in the same placement in their respective division.
So theoretically, yes, their schedule will be harder than;
A) the Pats
B) Their schedule last year.
But their coach should have them ready for that. Blaming the weather and immediately trying to downplay an opposing coach after a loss is bad optics. Saying to a reporter that you essentially don't trust your KO Returner or P returner is bad for morale. Bad coaching.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But their coach should have them ready for that. Blaming the weather and immediately trying to downplay an opposing coach after a loss is bad optics. Saying to a reporter that you essentially don't trust your KO Returner or P returner is bad for morale. Bad coaching.
That's formula for dividing your team and causing problems that shouldn't be. The owner may have thought McDermott walked on water after 2020, but now that people are back and fans are more involved, he might not like what McDermott is bringing to his team. Even players who support him 100% will have problems with guys who don't.

One other thing. What McDermott has done will make resigning players and signing free agents much, much more difficult. Would you "trust" him??