• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Team in AFC East?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo is over-rated!
They have beaten Houston, WFT, Miami (2X) and KC. KC is their biggest win against a struggling team at the right time!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo is over-rated!
They have beaten Houston, WFT, Miami (2X) and KC. KC is their biggest win against a struggling team at the right time!

...Then there's the body of work from last year to consider too. That applies less for the Pats, but more so for the Bill.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills haven't played one NFC South team yet. They have a really tough six-seven game stretch where they will have to play the Patriots twicem Bucs, Saints and Panthers. The Pats have only the Falcons left and the Bills play them week 16.

This will be a second half grind for both teams and the one with the least injuries will win the division.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills haven't played one NFC South team yet. They have a really tough six-seven game stretch where they will have to play the Patriots twicem Bucs, Saints and Panthers. The Pats have only the Falcons left and the Bills play them week 16.

This will be a second half grind for both teams and the one with the least injuries will win the division.
I really think the NFL should remove "brick wall" plays which is where any player braces themselves and delivers a shoulder. Tackles should only be arm tackles or straight on...

I realize it makes it difficult for the defenders to stop a player without giving up additional yards but it impacts every team equally and most of these are in open field situations like down field passes or returns. They can even word it that way for plays not in "the box".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the NFL should remove "brick wall" plays which is where any player braces themselves and delivers a shoulder. Tackles should only be arm tackles or straight on...

I realize it makes it difficult for the defenders to stop a player without giving up additional yards but it impacts every team equally and most of these are in open field situations like down field passes or returns. They can even word it that way for plays not in "the box".
Make them wear dresses too!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Buffalo beat up the Jets - who are a historically bad defense.
The Bills will have a hard time with the Patriots defense that played yesterday!

Buffalo has good stats - earned against Miami, Houston, New York.
They lost to Steelers - who just gave the Lions their closest thing to a win this season.
They lost to Jacksonville! LOL
This week they'll play the Colts, not a bad team but one they should easily handle.
Then it will be New Orleans, Tampa, New England, Carolina, and New England again. They will be tested!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make them wear dresses too!

go back to the 90's, before we really knew the letters C-T-E...
I'm not sure why I posted this comment in this thread... I think it was meant in response to something else...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oct. 3: Buffalo Bills: 3-1 New England Patriots: 1-3

Nov. 21 New England Patriots: 7-4 Buffalo Bills: 6-4

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts rush for 254 yards against Buffalo?
th

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots 7-4 PF 300 PA 177
Bills 6-4 PF 295 PA 176

Weird Comparison because the Patriots have only scored 5 more points in 11 games while the Bills have played 10
Weird Comparison because the Patriots have only allowed 1 more point in 11 games while the Bills have played 10

If you haven't seen either team play you'd think that the Bills have a much better offense and the Patriots a much better defense.
BUT, the Patriots have only needed 5 more points to win 7 games while the Bills have given up the same to lose 4 games.
Overall, the Bills are hitting speed bumps against teams that they should be beating.

Remaining schedules:
Bills Patriots
----------- ----------
@Saints (TNF)Titans
Patriots @Bills
@Buccaneers BYE
Panthers @Colts
@Patriots Bills
Falcons Jaguars
Jets @Dolphins

No more gimmies. The Patriots catch a breather in the next five weeks and the Bills hit the toughest stretch of their schedule.

In my opinion, the Bills will lose 3 of their next 5. I think they beat the Patriots in a close one at Buffalo and beat the Panthers. They'll lose to the Saints, Bucs and Patriots on the road. I think the Pats will lose their next two get the BYE and then close out the season with four wins in a row.

The Bills will finish 10-7 and the Patriots will reclaim the AFCE at 11-6.

I will say this. IF the Patriots beat those really pissed off and shocked Titans next week, they'll sail through and finish at 13-4 and will have home field and the BYE. Beating the Titans will stroke this team and nothing will stand in their way.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots 7-4 PF 300 PA 177
Bills 6-4 PF 295 PA 176

Weird Comparison because the Patriots have only scored 5 more points in 11 games while the Bills have played 10
Weird Comparison because the Patriots have only allowed 1 more point in 11 games while the Bills have played 10

If you haven't seen either team play you'd think that the Bills have a much better offense and the Patriots a much better defense.
BUT, the Patriots have only needed 5 more points to win 7 games while the Bills have given up the same to lose 4 games.
Overall, the Bills are hitting speed bumps against teams that they should be beating.

Remaining schedules:
Bills Patriots
----------- ----------
@Saints (TNF)Titans
Patriots @Bills
@Buccaneers BYE
Panthers @Colts
@Patriots Bills
Falcons Jaguars
Jets @Dolphins

No more gimmies. The Patriots catch a breather in the next five weeks and the Bills hit the toughest stretch of their schedule.

In my opinion, the Bills will lose 3 of their next 5. I think they beat the Patriots in a close one at Buffalo and beat the Panthers. They'll lose to the Saints, Bucs and Patriots on the road. I think the Pats will lose their next two get the BYE and then close out the season with four wins in a row.

The Bills will finish 10-7 and the Patriots will reclaim the AFCE at 11-6.

I will say this. IF the Patriots beat those really pissed off and shocked Titans next week, they'll sail through and finish at 13-4 and will have home field and the BYE. Beating the Titans will stroke this team and nothing will stand in their way.
Is it selfish of me to want the Pats to finish less than first overall in the AFC...behind the Titans...??

I want to see a playoff game and only spend....oh...about half my retirement.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill has bolted the steel door to his office and has already watched the Texan/Titan game three times. He's now separating every play by every player on both teams and will photoshop multiple Patriots into every Houston position. He will not sleep until Tuesday night.

Sunday = Game review.
Monday - Team position meetings and film review.
Tuesday - Practice and film review
Wednesday - Practice, Press Conference, first shower since Sunday morning, Coaches meeting, massage, 12 hours sleep
Thursday - Practice, Game Plan, film review
Friday - Practice, press conference, home for dinner with honey, exercise with honey, 12 hours sleep
Saturday - Final film review in solitary, Boston Baked Bean dinner
Sunday - At Foxboro at 5:00 am, put together the 48 man active roster, Enter the field and hope that everyone follows the mantra: DO YOUR JOB

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that the Pats sit atop the division each game is a must win, one to stay atop the division and two the chance to secure home field advantage through out the playoffs. We have Tenn and Buff in the next two weeks, and those teams are playing erratic football but are still very capable of besting the Pats both are familiar with the Pats, Then we get a bye week, and close out the season with Indy, Buff, Jville, Miami. It could be a tough road. This being said how do you all see this playing out?

I think we split with Buff, squeak past Tenn, Struggle with the Colts but win and win out the rest. That would be 5-1 for the remainder of the season, and 12-5 n the season. Should damn sure get us a playoff spot.

Anyone see Mac with a Rookie of the year chance?