• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears/Bengals having trade discussions regarding Andy Dalton at NFL Combine

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this board is becoming a favorite of mine...just to read.....its comedy gold. Hope you guys dont mind if i jump in occasionally, i know its a team board. Just tell me to F off if i bother.

Unlike the redskins board which is entering the Fn twilight zone.

Please, do.

This place is a thunderbolt of chaos and shit hurling. We all acknowledge that. A large part of this group goes back to the old ESPN message boards in the mid 00's together. We've been doing this since the beginning of the Lovie Smith era.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, do.

This place is a thunderbolt of chaos and shit hurling. We all acknowledge that. A large part of this group goes back to the old ESPN message boards in the mid 00's together. We've been doing this since the beginning of the Lovie Smith era.
ha thats great though. You guys at least have a nucleaus of passionate fans. I mean Genius is actually a genuine morono, but the rest.The steelers board has some as well, and a few there just to fight.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, do.

The ESPN boards back in the early 2000s were quite the adventure.

I did appreciate that one Packers troll that would log on every morning without fail to post a thread on the Bears board titled "Good Morning"...with a one word body: "losers." His persistence was impressive.

What a freak show.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the funnier troll memories for me were from Silver Lion - I think that was his sn. He always ended his threads with '57 champs suckers!! Classic.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha thats great though. You guys at least have a nucleaus of passionate fans. I mean Genius is actually a genuine morono, but the rest.The steelers board has some as well, and a few there just to fight.
:hmm:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3s3dy4.jpg

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did appreciate that one Packers troll that would log on every morning without fail to post a thread on the Bears board titled "Good Morning"...with a one word body: "losers." His persistence was impressive.

What a freak show.

Wish I had that kind of dedication to anything!

:pound:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a freak show.

One of the funnier troll memories for me were from Silver Lion - I think that was his sn. He always ended his threads with '57 champs suckers!! Classic.

Good memories, indeed.

I remember when we were battling Minnesota for the North in 2008 and it came down to the final week. Our fans vs Minny's fans/trolls became downright epic that season.

I'll never forget that Moss88884444 guy. Talk about a persistent troll.

We also had DiceDominator and his many aliases going on.

I'll also never forget the battles that ensued following the whole Cutler/NFC Title game/knee controversy. Things got HECTIC.

That place was a friggin zoo. A lot of fun.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good memories, indeed.

I remember when we were battling Minnesota for the North in 2008 and it came down to the final week. Our fans vs Minny's fans/trolls became downright epic that season.

I'll never forget that Moss88884444 guy. Talk about a persistent troll.

We also had DiceDominator and his many aliases going on.

I'll also never forget the battles that ensued following the whole Cutler/NFC Title game/knee controversy. Things got HECTIC.

That place was a friggin zoo. A lot of fun.
Oh god I remember dice. Wowza

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god I remember dice. Wowza

Yeah, he would swap teams here and there. I think he even went over to the Steelers for a bit. The Broncos too. However, he always returned to the Bears.

He's the GOAT troll in my book. I have never seen such dedication. Honestly, he was also downright funny. He built an entire life for his troll persona. I remember droning on and on about the money he had. With his mansion in the mountains of Colorado. He would post all of these pictures too. I have no idea if it was actually the guy's property or not. It may have very well been the case.

People would get so mad at him. Then, he would simply respond by posting a photo of some big expensive dinner he cooked up at his home. Tell the guy that he's probably broke and eating a bag of Dorito's for dinner in his studio apartment. lol

Then, he built all of these aliases that he would worship himself with. His biggest one was "Sheila_Shaw". Every time Dice posted a thread - Sheila would run to worship it. Visa versa as well.

That guy was the GOAT, truly.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he would swap teams here and there. I think he even went over to the Steelers for a bit. The Broncos too. However, he always returned to the Bears.

He's the GOAT troll in my book. I have never seen such dedication. Honestly, he was also downright funny. He built an entire life for his troll persona. I remember droning on and on about the money he had. With his mansion in the mountains of Colorado. He would post all of these pictures too. I have no idea if it was actually the guy's property or not. It may have very well been the case.

People would get so mad at him. Then, he would simply respond by posting a photo of some big expensive dinner he cooked up at his home. Tell the guy that he's probably broke and eating a bag of Dorito's for dinner in his studio apartment. lol

Then, he built all of these aliases that he would worship himself with. His biggest one was "Sheila_Shaw". Every time Dice posted a thread - Sheila would run to worship it. Visa versa as well.

He was Steelers for A while he was one of the GoAT. He may be on this board now.....oh my god I actually remember those dinner pics!!! Oh my I love this board but ESPN was some
Shit. After a night of binge drinking in college I'd love sitting down at that shit

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no F'ING way... I mean... there is ZERO F'ING way that you just spouted all of that stuff about expectations of Lombardi's and greatness. Then, you go onto advocate for Case Keenum?

Did you notice the part where I said as a backup option?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you notice the part where I said as a backup option?

So, our QB room of "greatness" will be Mitchell Trubisky and Case Keenum? Case Keenum and Derek Carr?

You know? I'm sick of your low expectations for the QB position, BWW.

Also, nowhere did I imply that Dalton was supposed to be the answer to all of our prayers. He's merely a contingency plan. Competition to Mitch that would be an upgrade to the QB play we received last season.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, our QB room of "greatness" will be Mitchell Trubisky and Case Keenum? Case Keenum and Derek Carr?

You know? I'm sick of your low expectations for the QB position, BWW.

Also, nowhere did I imply that Dalton was supposed to be the answer to all of our prayers. He's merely a contingency plan. Competition to Mitch that would be an upgrade to the QB play we received last season.

Haha....you’re trying too hard bud.

Keenum would be a good backup option, in my opinion, because he’s a smart QB that while physically limited....knows the offense.

He’d be an immediate upgrade and someone you don’t have to cringe for when he has to make a spot start.

Is he a savior or the answer....no. But when did I say he was?

I think you missed my point completely about expectations and instead took offense to it. I can’t help you with that.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't remember the guy's name...and we're going WAY back-probably 2003ish- so I can't remember all the details. But the greatest individual trolling I ever witnessed was on the ESPN boards...Some dude was trolling the Bears forum-It could have been this guy based on what you say here-because he would work in constant things about his awesome life while trolling the forum. One time, though, I did actually come to tears laughing because he was getting called out on something, and he goes "Oh, you don't believe me? Fine I'll prove it to you." And in the next post he goes "Hi, this is XXX's wife. I'd just like you to know that everything XXX is saying is true"...etc etc on and on and he carried it on for a couple hours or so posting as both himself and his wife. You can imagine the responses. It was glorious. I wish I had it screenshotted.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the buzz on social media, at the moment.

I would like this. It's legitimate competition to beat out Mitch in camp. Instead of just a rigged bull shit competition between Mitch and a guy like AJ McCarron. With whom I find intriguing.... but I highly doubt we would actually go with him week 1.

Dalton is an established vet who has had success and would present a clear upgrade to the level of QB play that Mitch provided last season. We would have a legit competition/controversy on our hands.

Even if the plan is to go with Mitch week 1? You have to think his leash is short. Nagy and Pace both need to win in 2020. Which means, a real contingency plan needs to be in place.

I say do it. Unless the price is steep. Which I doubt. Dalton is clearly on the way out.

Dalton's contract was considered somewhat large at the time. But now it's pretty reasonable so far as QB's go. He will earn 17 mil in 2020 before entering UFA.
He's going to be a 3rd year QB. If you cant give him a longer leash by now then he shouldn't be starting at all.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t won a SB in over 30 years.

The team President in charge of everything is a an accounting guy.

Raised ticket prices despite the team not being very good last season.

2 playoff appearances in the past 10 years. Haven’t had back to back playoff appearances in nearly 15 seasons.

Common sense tells me this is a franchise that is okay with not winning so long as the it gives the appearance to its fan base that they are trying. Fans still show up and buy lots of merch and that’s all that matters.

Worst owners in sports.

THIS? So because the Bears haven't done very well recently that proves our owners are okay with not winning? Every team makes bad decisions in personnel. Every team has had bad drafts. Every team (outside of a few) had runs of not making the playoffs. And every team has had bad luck. That does not mean they are all okay with not winning. Are you seriously this stupid? You haven't proven anything. This is nothing but wild conjecture.