• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 expansion

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me you do NOT want to go see Colorado play. They easily have the WORST fan base in all of college football. You will be pelted with urine filled balloons, batteries, and if they find where you're parked you may find your car covered in feces. They are monumental assholes......and they will do this to small children as well.

Good heads up. I'll head to one of the new "green" bars there and watch the game on TV instead. :thumb:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois I wouldn't. I hear Iowa is fun tho. Minny might be ok...I don't know much about the twin cities for entertainment. Wisconsin and Nebraska are a blast to visit. Northwestern has Chicago to visit and I'd assume you'd do your normal Dallas site for the OU game. It wouldn't be all that bad.

I think most people within the B12 share your sentiment that they want the B12 to work out tho. It's whats best for most of those schools.
Minnesota is probably the best from an entertainment standpoint aside from Chicago. I love the Twin Cities.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Save the Big 12??

I did not realize the Big 12 was needing a save.
It doesn't seem to be in any real danger other than message board offseason boredom.

Texas is against meaningless expansion that dilutes revenues, increases costs, and lower academics.
That is not the same as "refusing to save the league."

Texas would consider realistic sane expansion.
And that is also not the same as "refusing to save the league" either.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save the Big 12??

I did not realize the Big 12 was needing a save.
It doesn't seem to be in any real danger other than message board offseason boredom.

Texas is against meaningless expansion that dilutes revenues, increases costs, and lower academics.
That is not the same as "refusing to save the league."

Texas would consider realistic sane expansion.
And that is also not the same as "refusing to save the league" either.
I think that's the point. Texas isn't going to go against their own self interest in order to hold the gang together. That's a completely reasonable path, IMO.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lulz

"Sherrington: There's nothing that Texas can do. They have to have the Big 12 -- that's clear. No one else is going to let them have their own network, first of all, and secondly, at one time I thought it was possible that Texas would want to go independent. I think they checked everything out and decided, we're in no position to do that at this time and so that's when they cobbled the Big 12 back together again and tried to make amends with everybody."

Typical tejas. Make a bunch of empty threats to their fellow members, then put band-aids on the wounds. Each and every time the Big 12 takes a bigger hit.

What tejas 'has to have' is a conglomeration similar to the old SWC coupled with what's left of the Big 8 bottom feeder remnants.
That would be tejas utopia.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article.

Yes..My favorite line

Tramel: "You can't blame Texas. In fact, if you want to blame somebody you can blame Oklahoma. Because Kevin Weiberg, almost 12 years ago, tried to put a Big 12 network together and he needed nine votes and he only got eight. The four he didn't get were the big boys -- OU, Texas, A&M, Nebraska."

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes..My favorite line

Tramel: "You can't blame Texas. In fact, if you want to blame somebody you can blame Oklahoma. Because Kevin Weiberg, almost 12 years ago, tried to put a Big 12 network together and he needed nine votes and he only got eight. The four he didn't get were the big boys -- OU, Texas, A&M, Nebraska."

That caught my attention as well. Hindsight is 20/20.... And painful :lol:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lulz

"Sherrington: There's nothing that Texas can do. They have to have the Big 12 -- that's clear. No one else is going to let them have their own network, first of all, and secondly, at one time I thought it was possible that Texas would want to go independent. I think they checked everything out and decided, we're in no position to do that at this time and so that's when they cobbled the Big 12 back together again and tried to make amends with everybody."

Typical tejas. Make a bunch of empty threats to their fellow members, then put band-aids on the wounds. Each and every time the Big 12 takes a bigger hit.

What tejas 'has to have' is a conglomeration similar to the old SWC coupled with what's left of the Big 8 bottom feeder remnants.
That would be tejas utopia.

Tejas utopia would be to get Nebraska back, that was about as automatic of a W as we've ever had in our existence.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tejas utopia would be to get Nebraska back, that was about as automatic of a W as we've ever had in our existence.

Yep. The rule that tejas instituted LIMITING the amount of time coaches could be out of the office recruiting worked out well in destroying the quality of the North Division teams.

Since South Division teams were in a population hotbed it was to their advantage and it showed. That includes Oklahoma and Oklahoma St who only needed to drive a few hours to tap that population.

With all of it's built in advantages, tejas still found a way to under-achieve.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The rule that tejas instituted LIMITING the amount of time coaches could be out of the office recruiting worked out well in destroying the quality of the North Division teams.

Since South Division teams were in a population hotbed it was to their advantage and it showed. That includes Oklahoma and Oklahoma St who only needed to drive a few hours to tap that population.

Sorry we took your partial qualifier's away, everybody knows that's how you guys built teams. Too bad the big ten won't let you have them either, now you're stuck as Iowa 2.0

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW, this is some serious nonsense

Kansas: 7 bowls prior to 1996 (100 years of football). 5 from 1996 to 2008.. Last Kansas coach to have a winning record was in the 1940s. Yet Mangino had one at Kansas
KSU: 4 bowls in its history prior to the Big 12. 15 since. Last coach with a winning record prior to Snyder was in the 1930s... Clearly the rule destroyed KSU
Mizzu: Did not go to a bowl between 1983-1996.. That is 13 years. So 0 in 13 years prior to the Big 12, but 7 in the first 13 years on the Big 12
Iowa State has 12 bowl appearances. 8 in the Big 12 era. 0 between 1979- 1999

So given all of that, how did the rule destroy the play of the big 12 north. Seems most schools did quite well, compared to previous history. I will concede there are more bowls in modern history than prior, but that facts still stand

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry we took your partial qualifier's away, everybody knows that's how you guys built teams. Too bad the big ten won't let you have them either, now you're stuck as Iowa 2.0

Says a fan of the team ranked 71st in APR (Academic Progress Rate). Congratulations, you're in the top 50% of college football's stupid mother fuckers.

Nebraska leads college football in all-time CFB Academic All-Americans.

Nebraska Football's Academic All-Americans

"The most accomplished football program in the nation at producing CoSIDA Academic All-Americans, Nebraska has captured a nation-leading 107 CoSIDA Academic All-America awards. Before CoSIDA started recognizing the nation's finest student-athletes for their work in the classroom in 1952, three other Husker football players earned academic All-America honors from other sources."

http://cosida.com/media/documents/2012/4/Who_has_the_most_AAAs_Feb_2012.pdf

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says a fan of the team ranked 71st in APR (Academic Progress Rate). Congratulations, you're in the top 50% of college football's stupid mother fuckers.

Nebraska leads college football in all-time CFB Academic All-Americans.

Nebraska Football's Academic All-Americans

"The most accomplished football program in the nation at producing CoSIDA Academic All-Americans, Nebraska has captured a nation-leading 107 CoSIDA Academic All-America awards. Before CoSIDA started recognizing the nation's finest student-athletes for their work in the classroom in 1952, three other Husker football players earned academic All-America honors from other sources."

http://cosida.com/media/documents/2012/4/Who_has_the_most_AAAs_Feb_2012.pdf

Congrats, your school is so easy partial qualifiers ace the classes.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, this is some serious nonsense

Kansas: 7 bowls prior to 1996 (100 years of football). 5 from 1996 to 2008.. Last Kansas coach to have a winning record was in the 1940s. Yet Mangino had one at Kansas
KSU: 4 bowls in its history prior to the Big 12. 15 since. Last coach with a winning record prior to Snyder was in the 1930s... Clearly the rule destroyed KSU
Mizzu: Did not go to a bowl between 1983-1996.. That is 13 years. So 0 in 13 years prior to the Big 12, but 7 in the first 13 years on the Big 12
Iowa State has 12 bowl appearances. 8 in the Big 12 era. 0 between 1979- 1999

So given all of that, how did the rule destroy the play of the big 12 north. Seems most schools did quite well, compared to previous history. I will concede there are more bowls in modern history than prior, but that facts still stand

It only took one recruiting round (5 years if you count redshirts) to flip the balance of power from the North to the south.

In the formation of the Big 12, are you denying that Texas proposed a rule to limit the amount of time coaches could be out of their offices recruiting? Are you denying that the rule would benefit the teams in the south division, particularly tejas who's coaches rarely had to leave their offices for prospective recruits?

The rule was an easy sell to the fellow north teams who saw it as equaling the playing field with Nebraska. They weren't going to get better, just Nebraska getting worse.
The south teams saw it as win-win across the board.

The flip had little to do with partial qualifiers. It is a joke to use that example when your star player was Vince Young.

tejas relies on limiting the opportunities of its fellow members. Even so, they under-achieve like no other.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only took one recruiting round (5 years if you count redshirts) to flip the balance of power from the North to the south.

In the formation of the Big 12, are you denying that Texas proposed a rule to limit the amount of time coaches could be out of their offices recruiting? Are you denying that the rule would benefit the teams in the south division, particularly tejas who's coaches rarely had to leave their offices for prospective recruits?

The rule was an easy sell to the fellow north teams who saw it as equaling the playing field with Nebraska. They weren't going to get better, just Nebraska getting worse.
The south teams saw it as win-win across the board.

The flip had little to do with partial qualifiers. It is a joke to use that example when your star player was Vince Young.

tejas relies on limiting the opportunities of its fellow members. Even so, they under-achieve like no other.

You said the rule

worked out well in destroying the quality of the North Division teams.

If that was accurate most of the teams should have shown dramatic decreases in wins, but they did not. The rule was passed, but based on records and bowl appearances it seems if anything it was a positive for the North schools.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said the rule

worked out well in destroying the quality of the North Division teams.

If that was accurate most of the teams should have shown dramatic decreases in wins, but they did not. The rule was passed, but based on records and bowl appearances it seems if anything it was a positive for the North schools.

Yup, Kansas and Mizzou took advantage of being in a Texas conference, while Nebraska tried to find life after partial qualifiers.