• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scheduling for the CFP.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you watched the unc/Clemson game when woody hit the Clemson player that lead to his firing,did,nt you?me,my dad and brother watched it.

I was too young to remember Woody having his senior citizen moment and losing his mind.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you truly understand as I had to tell you the exact same thing more than once. Very odd once wasn't enough.

And of course you'd say I don't have a good point because your team plays an FCS team this season.

Oh yeah and it's funny you mentioned Akron more than once. Doesn't matter how lousy that program is. At least they aren't an FCS team.

Playing a better opponent is better. I don't care if they're FCS, G5 or P4. Are we really sure the MAC is better than MVFC? I'm not convinced they are.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was too young to remember Woody having his senior citizen moment and losing his mind.
my dad told me and my brother his career ended that night.they did let him back to dot the I in Ohio state during halftime one game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my dad told me and my brother his career ended that night.they did let him back to dot the I in Ohio state during halftime one game.

Oh yeah his coaching career was over the moment he did that. And yes he did dot the i.

Actually going to another game at The Shoe is really the only reason I'd take a trip back to my home state. Went to Ohio State football games every season from 1984 until 2005.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Duckboy33

Forgot to mention this. The stupid conference changes.

A few months ago Bob Ryan was on PTI and had a great idea. It won't happen though.

Keep all this dumbass conference changing to football only. Leave the other sports alone.

To me it doesn't make any sense to spend the money to fly Rutgers across the country to play USC in soccer (as an example).

Honestly, conference consolidation shouldn't have happened at all. The conferences should have worked together with OOC scheduling and they should have expanded the CFP earlier. Networks would have gotten those premier matchups that they wanted and we wouldn't have ended up with Frankenstein conferences.

But yes, doing it for football only would make more sense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing a better opponent is better. I don't care if they're FCS, G5 or P4. Are we really sure the MAC is better than MVFC? I'm not convinced they are.

In a couple of seasons can Oregon play the best high school team in the country instead of say...Akron U? :heh:

sarcasm2.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, conference consolidation shouldn't have happened at all. The conferences should have worked together with OOC scheduling and they should have expanded the CFP earlier. Networks would have gotten those premier matchups that they wanted and we wouldn't have ended up with Frankenstein conferences.

But yes, doing it for football only would make more sense.

Totally agree.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah his coaching career was over the moment he did that. And yes he did dot the i.

Actually going to another game at The Shoe is really the only reason I'd take a trip back to my home state. Went to Ohio State football games every season from 1984 until 2005.
probably the most stunning moment in cfb history.