• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scheduling for the CFP.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that probably funded their entire season

Basically just the big state school subsidizing the little local guys.

It’s fine.

It’s good for the state and doesn’t dramatically affect cfb in the greater scheme of things

But don’t play 3 cupcakes in one year either. I’m with you on that
totally agree and hate our team is doing that this season (though because Washington had to be moved).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that probably funded their entire season

Basically just the big state school subsidizing the little local guys.

It’s fine.

It’s good for the state and doesn’t dramatically affect cfb in the greater scheme of things

But don’t play 3 cupcakes in one year either. I’m with you on that

Oh there's no doubt those big payday's the cupcake get from FBS programs helps those schools out a lot. It's really the only good thing outta what I consider a messy situation.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not seeing much of a difference between giving it to Youngstown st or Akron

It’s the same concept Imo

Ymmv of course
I get what you are saying here but prefer if just be a better opponent even if not that good.....though, sure, possible an FCS team is better than a MAC school.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have played YSU as favor to Tress....other times we did it pretty sure it was to replace games that were cancelled.

That is true. I'm already on the CFB countdown. Should be a fun season all around.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying here but prefer if just be a better opponent even if not that good.....though, sure, possible an FCS team is better than a MAC school.

Yeah, and I basically assume either team is losing by 40 so it doesn’t affect it either way

But yeah, Akron is generally better

Idk if it’s true in football but in other sports the high end d2 (no in between in other sports like football has with fcs) schools are absolutely better than low end d1s

But I don’t follow fcs enough to know if that is a thing in football but I assume not

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I basically assume either team is losing by 40 so it doesn’t affect it either way

But yeah, Akron is generally better

Idk if it’s true in football but in other sports the high end d2 (no in between in other sports like football has with fcs) schools are absolutely better than low end d1s

But I don’t follow fcs enough to know if that is a thing in football but I assume not
I think it's probably true. Ideally, I'd just like to see uniformity among the P5 teams (well, P4). 9 conference games. would like to see the teams who think they are CFP contenders play 1 tough OOC, another potentially decent P5 team (like a GT or UNC type, for instance) then a local G5 team (or FCS if they want).

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an adult so if I make a mistake I'll simply own it. admittedly, did now know there was a season between the UGA and Bama home and homes. But after this one - as of now - only 1 season into the 2030s without no tough OOC scheduled which would be a pretty long time as mentioned. Hopefully we can add one for 2029.

Not sure what you are talking about with UGA as don't think I mentioned them. Though if we are talking TOUGH OOC, no, I would not count GT. Like I wouldn't count BC for OSU.

Get it together.
I quoted TWO posts. Your OSU compatriot mentioned the "cupcake non-conference" schedule that UGa walks through so I showed that the UGa's schedule is at least on par with OSU's OOc schedule.

You mentioned the tough OSU OOC schedule. I merely pointed out that over a 13 years span you focused on the part where OSU plays 6 tough teams in 7 seasons and ignores the rest. I can't find another span in OSU history where they played another string of opponents like this one. Thus, this is NOT typical of OSU OOC scheduling.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's probably true. Ideally, I'd just like to see uniformity among the P5 teams (well, P4). 9 conference games. would like to see the teams who think they are CFP contenders play 1 tough OOC, another potentially decent P5 team (like a GT or UNC type, for instance) then a local G5 team (or FCS if they want).
Uniformity or mimic the Big Ten? (9 games out of 18 teams = 8 games out of 16 teams).

UGADawg1988

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted TWO posts. Your OSU compatriot mentioned the "cupcake non-conference" schedule that UGa walks through so I showed that the UGa's schedule is at least on par with OSU's OOc schedule.

You mentioned the tough OSU OOC schedule. I merely pointed out that over a 13 years span you focused on the part where OSU plays 6 tough teams in 7 seasons and ignores the rest. I can't find another span in OSU history where they played another string of opponents like this one. Thus, this is NOT typical of OSU OOC scheduling.
That's why I posted UGA's OOC schedule. I mean there may be a few teams who play tougher OOC opponents, but there can't be many teams like that. By almost any standard UGA's OOC schedule is reasonable with the exception of 2025.