• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 comes down to 2 games

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think it would be that close this year, I will go to my grave knowing OU would have beat them last year though. That offense was historic and it took a lot of stupidity to lose.

Bama’s defense always looks all world and unbeatable in SEC conference play until they face an offense with a pulse in the playoffs or in their bowl game.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the interesting part is that the Texas/ISU gahe is a week before the other game so either OU or WVU will be locked in the title game going into their game but both teams could still also potentially he playing for a playoff berth. Personally I think ISU wins their game vs Texas which would put immense pressure on WVU but it's going to be fun either way it goes
Agree but that ain't saying much at this point. Texas is pretty banged up aren't they? I'd say they may not survive Tech next week...except Tech is banged up even worse. Still think Texas has a lot more depth than Tech so they'll survive that one. But, they may even be in worse shape when they host the clones.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If bowman plays I like Tech but I doubt he plays
Tech's bell cow on defense didn't play yesterday. Tried to with his hand wrapped but that didn't work. Missing him and their QB gives the advantage to Texas. They are banged up too but have better depth than the faders do.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tech's bell cow on defense didn't play yesterday. Tried to with his hand wrapped but that didn't work. Missing him and their QB gives the advantage to Texas. They are banged up too but have better depth than the faders do.

Texas has little depth. That was always the issue on defense. It basically goes seniors and drops to freshmen. That is was happens when you go through coaches. You get a recruiting hole on the transition and the normal high transfer numbers in the first year

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the line been released yet on the Tech/Texas game?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has little depth. That was always the issue on defense. It basically goes seniors and drops to freshmen. That is was happens when you go through coaches. You get a recruiting hole on the transition and the normal high transfer numbers in the first year
I can see that being true. But, I'd take you guys freshman back ups over Tech's backups of any age...at least on the defensive side.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the line been released yet on the Tech/Texas game?

I seriously doubt there will be a line until The extent of Bowman’s injury is better known.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that being true. But, I'd take you guys freshman back ups over Tech's backups of any age...at least on the defensive side.

Probably true for UTEP, but people tend to overestimate recruiting stars. They are meaningful in the big picture, but freshmen 4and 5 stars rarely even produce at an average conference level (exception can be skill players on offense).

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true for UTEP, but people tend to overestimate recruiting stars. They are meaningful in the big picture, but freshmen 4and 5 stars rarely even produce at an average conference level (exception can be skill players on offense).
I can see that.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama’s defense always looks all world and unbeatable in SEC conference play until they face an offense with a pulse in the playoffs or in their bowl game.

And they still win more times than not in those games.

Last year was Georgia and Oklahoma's chance. Both failed, and now Bama has a dominant offense to go with a defense loaded with 5 stars.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand what you're saying and agree that Bama usually doesn't face elite offenses on a regular basis but here are some interesting stats from Bama's Playoff Games;

Bama has scored 217 points, averaging 31 points per game
Bama's opponents have scored 153 points, averaging 21.8 points per game.
In Bama's seven Playoff Games, Bama has won 5 games and lost 2 games.

Considering the Playoffs should have the best teams in the country playing, I think those are pretty good stats.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying and agree that Bama usually doesn't face elite offenses on a regular basis but here are some interesting stats from Bama's Playoff Games;

Bama has scored 217 points, averaging 31 points per game
Bama's opponents have scored 153 points, averaging 21.8 points per game.
In Bama's seven Playoff Games, Bama has won 5 games and lost 2 games.

Considering the Playoffs should have the best teams in the country playing, I think those are pretty good stats.

That stat will take a hit this year. In all the other playoff games
Bama had a game manager at the QB position, who relied on a
powerful running game.

This year they'll have a big-time player at QB throwing to the best
set, overall, of receivers in college football.

Bama's a load for any DC this year. There are no answers.