• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 reporters pick Michigan to win the B10

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A slap on the ass vs. abusing his wife, covering it up, lying about it, all in the name of not losing football games....yeah, they're different and what Urban did as a full fledged adult and head coach is, IMO, significantly worse than a college kid slapping the ass of a girl at a bar. Both are not great, one of them is a head coach the otehr is a kid who was allowed back on the team after a significantly longer suspension.
Your comprehension of the ZS situation is comical at best. First off, please provide proof that he abused his wife. Please provide any rational reason why her own mother would call her out for being the aggressive one.

Secondly, all in the name of not losing games? Brian Hartline is an infinitely better coach and recruiter. What games do you think Zach Smith won for OSU? You honestly think that was the reason? Again, your comprehension of that situation is comical.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comprehension of the ZS situation is comical at best. First off, please provide proof that he abused his wife. Please provide any rational reason why her own mother would call her out for being the aggressive one.

Secondly, all in the name of not losing games? Brian Hartline is an infinitely better coach and recruiter. What games do you think Zach Smith won for OSU? You honestly think that was the reason? Again, your comprehension of that situation is comical.
Back to the topic. I really don't want to go down that path, we've done it before.

I see nothing wrong with Harbaugh's comments here. His main reason is that student athletes shouldn't have to claim why they're transferring, especially if it's related to mental health. James Hudson clearly has an issue with Harbaugh but the reality is that the NCAA denied his transfer waiver for immediate eligibility as he was trying to claim it was because of his depression. If Harbaugh's suggestions were in place, it would resolve the issue with Hudson and mental health wouldn't be in the conversation or part of the debate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say it pissed them off. It mostly made them realize just how petty Harbaugh is. You know what would make the rivalry better? If rather than being concerned about gossiping about non-football related things that happened to a former HC (things that Harbaugh himself has hardly been immune to), he was concerned with actually beating us.

He was on a podcast and was asked a question and gave a response. If he brought him up on his own or If he were making up stuff, I’d be more bothered by it.

And being petty is what both schools are in regards to the rivalry. Calling Michigan TTUN or Michigan calling OSU Ohio. OSU crossing out all M’s or each school not allowing the color of the opposing team on the practice field, etc.

It is what it is. I’m more upset about the comments about the assistants that left. I still haven’t seen an article about it around here (I live 15 miles from Ann Arbor), but saw the quote you posted and he should keep his mouth shut on that stuff, IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the topic. I really don't want to go down that path, we've done it before.

I see nothing wrong with Harbaugh's comments here. His main reason is that student athletes shouldn't have to claim why they're transferring, especially if it's related to mental health. James Hudson clearly has an issue with Harbaugh but the reality is that the NCAA denied his transfer waiver for immediate eligibility as he was trying to claim it was because of his depression. If Harbaugh's suggestions were in place, it would resolve the issue with Hudson and mental health wouldn't be in the conversation or part of the debate.
You opened up the door to this conversation, buddy. Either Urban is a scumbag and so is Harbaugh, or neither of them are. Aside from the ZS situation, Urban's disciplinary record at OSU was pretty clean. He sure as hell never let a convicted felon play on his team.

Harbaugh's comments on mental health were misguided and ignorant, plain and simple. The fact that he said there should be a free transfer was completely negated by his assertion that players would then use mental health as a lie to be able to transfer. It's one of those things that, even if you think it, you don't say it. Common sense should've told him that but it didn't, because he's an idiot.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You opened up the door to this conversation, buddy. Either Urban is a scumbag and so is Harbaugh, or neither of them are. Aside from the ZS situation, Urban's disciplinary record at OSU was pretty clean. He sure as hell never let a convicted felon play on his team.

Harbaugh's comments on mental health were misguided and ignorant, plain and simple. The fact that he said there should be a free transfer was completely negated by his assertion that players would then use mental health as a lie to be able to transfer. It's one of those things that, even if you think it, you don't say it. Common sense should've told him that but it didn't, because he's an idiot.

He said there should be a free transfer so basically some entity, in this case the NCAA, doesn't have to judge the validity of a player's claim. In James Hudson's case, the NCAA ruled that his depression was not a valid reason to transfer without penalty. Which is the wrong decision, especially when you have Patterson and Fields transferring for semi-bogus reasons in comparison. All of which is resolved by Harbaugh's suggestion, which is why he's correct and I didn't find the comments irresponsible at all.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on a podcast and was asked a question and gave a response. If he brought him up on his own or If he were making up stuff, I’d be more bothered by it.

And being petty is what both schools are in regards to the rivalry. Calling Michigan TTUN or Michigan calling OSU Ohio. OSU crossing out all M’s or each school not allowing the color of the opposing team on the practice field, etc.

It is what it is. I’m more upset about the comments about the assistants that left. I still haven’t seen an article about it around here (I live 15 miles from Ann Arbor), but saw the quote you posted and he should keep his mouth shut on that stuff, IMO.
And the response he gave came off as petty. Again, he would never have the stones to say that if Urban was still coaching. It just came off with him looking like a small person, which is why he's getting ripped for it.

Here's a link to the other comments:
Jim Harbaugh Seemingly Takes Shot at Former Michigan Assistants Who Left for Ohio State

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said there should be a free transfer so basically some entity, in this case the NCAA, doesn't have to judge the validity of a player's claim. In James Hudson's case, the NCAA ruled that his depression was not a valid reason to transfer without penalty. Which is the wrong decision, especially when you have Patterson and Fields transferring for semi-bogus reasons in comparison. All of which is resolved by Harbaugh's suggestion, which is why he's correct and I didn't find the comments irresponsible at all.
So we agree Meyer is no more a scumbag than Harbaugh.

When you say there's going to be skepticism about kids using mental illness as a lie, it's going to now make those kids feel like they can't come forward. That's just careless and should've never been said, period.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we agree Meyer is no more a scumbag than Harbaugh.

When you say there's going to be skepticism about kids using mental illness as a lie, it's going to now make those kids feel like they can't come forward. That's just careless and should've never been said, period.
I feel like with Urban's history at Florida and what transpired at OSU, no impartial observer would claim that.

Harbaugh's a lunatic but I don't know if I think he's a scumbag.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like with Urban's history at Florida and what transpired at OSU, no impartial observer would claim that.

Harbaugh's a lunatic but I don't know if I think he's a scumbag.
His history at Florida, a university that is notorious for player arrests regardless of the coach? Any impartial observer can tell it's clearly a culture problem in Gainesville, and not the head coach. Go ahead and check it out, it's unreal, and it's happened for a many years other than when Urban was there. The fact that he had no issues at BG or Utah and had minimal issues at OSU should, to the impartial observer, put things into perspective. The ZS situation was a big deal because of how it looked from the surface, but it was clearly not so definitive if you actually dug into it.

Letting a convicted felon play on your team is ridiculous. There's no question he would've been booted at OSU under Meyer. He kicked guys off the team for a lot less than that.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's literally not at all. Go ahead and show me someone involved with the OSU program that was convicted of sexual assault who stayed with the program.

Meanwhile, Harbaugh allows a convicted felon with charges of sexual assault to not only remain on the team, but makes him a captain.

Pretty clear Harbaugh is the bigger scumbag.

You're arguing with someone who never knows anything about anything. Maize&Blew is a Top 5 board idiot.

Zach Smith wasn't kept on because of his coaching prowess anyway ("to win football games"). He was kept on because he was Earl Bruce's grandkid and like a son to Urbs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're arguing with someone who never knows anything about anything. Maize&Blew is a Top 5 board idiot.

Zach Smith wasn't kept on because of his coaching prowess anyway ("to win football games"). He was kept on because he was Earl Bruce's grandkid and like a son to Urbs.

Come on man, would you stop making sense?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Meyer allowed sexual assault to win football games and Harbaugh said he wanted kids a free transfer without penalty?
That is literally what happened, and why Meyer got suspended. Habaugh says he wants a penalty free transfer rule so it's not tied to mental health and you're trying to claim that he's anti-mental healthy. If someone claims a mental health problem, eligibility to play should have no ties to it nor their ability to transfer somewhere without penalty.

Shut up, stupid.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His history at Florida, a university that is notorious for player arrests regardless of the coach? Any impartial observer can tell it's clearly a culture problem in Gainesville, and not the head coach. Go ahead and check it out, it's unreal, and it's happened for a many years other than when Urban was there. The fact that he had no issues at BG or Utah and had minimal issues at OSU should, to the impartial observer, put things into perspective. The ZS situation was a big deal because of how it looked from the surface, but it was clearly not so definitive if you actually dug into it.

Letting a convicted felon play on your team is ridiculous. There's no question he would've been booted at OSU under Meyer. He kicked guys off the team for a lot less than that.
His felony was for resisting arrest. He got 12 months probation for the felony + misdemeanor assault, his crimes were ultimately minor (the most major of which was running from the cops). Dumb stupid move. But you're acting like he's some hardened criminal who murdered someone.

I'm sure if I looked into it, which I really don't care to do, Meyer has allowed far worse back onto the team. Hell, MSU allowed a guy right out of prison back onto the team and I don't think Dantonio is really a scumbag for it. Especially when a kid doesn't have jail time, sometimes second chances are warranted.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A slap on the ass vs. abusing his wife, covering it up, lying about it, all in the name of not losing football games....yeah, they're different and what Urban did as a full fledged adult and head coach is, IMO, significantly worse than a college kid slapping the ass of a girl at a bar. Both are not great, one of them is a head coach the otehr is a kid who was allowed back on the team after a significantly longer suspension.

Derp

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You again. Why are you so angry at life? Let's be friends and stop this childish name calling. Have you noticed how Across the field and I can passionately disagree without resorting to name calling?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:ninja:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess at michigan it's OK to pull a Donald Trump and grab a girl by the pussy, and that's all fine and well.
No, it wasn't OK. Hence his criminal charges. But after he went through court and got probation for them, I'm not sure why you're suggesting his life should be ruined and kicked out of school?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His felony was for resisting arrest. He got 12 months probation for the felony + misdemeanor assault, his crimes were ultimately minor (the most major of which was running from the cops). Dumb stupid move. But you're acting like he's some hardened criminal who murdered someone.

I'm sure if I looked into it, which I really don't care to do, Meyer has allowed far worse back onto the team. Hell, MSU allowed a guy right out of prison back onto the team and I don't think Dantonio is really a scumbag for it. Especially when a kid doesn't have jail time, sometimes second chances are warranted.
No, I'm acting like he's a piece of shit who thinks it's OK to grab a woman's groin without consent and then run away when he's about to have to face the consequences. That's not a kid I want on my team, but Harbaugh disagrees.

Meyer actually hasn't though. Not at OSU at least.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it wasn't OK. Hence his criminal charges. But after he went through court and got probation for them, I'm not sure why you're suggesting his life should be ruined and kicked out of school?
If you grab a woman's crotch without her consent, yes, you absolutely deserve to be kicked off the football team and out of school. That is sexual assault. That is fucking disgusting.