• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 reporters pick Michigan to win the B10

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glass of Water: "Hey kid, you wanna play for Urban Meyer at Florida and possibly win Natty's on a Platter?"

Kid: "Where do I sign?"

Glass of Water: "Hey kid, you wanna play for Urban Meyer at Ohio St and possibly win Natty's on a Platter?"

Kid: "Hell Yeah"

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he was rewarded with a captain label. That's just disgusting. If this happened at OSU, I would be absolutely appalled and so would the majority of Buckeye fans. The fact that you're trying to downplay it makes you look even worse.
Also, it didn't take long to find a similar example under Urban (also, I'm fine with this reinstatement. Just pointing out it can be OK to give someone a second chance)

Ohio State football player Tracy Sprinkle reinstated

Was originally charged with Rioting and cocaine possession - Pleaded a felony down (cocaine possession) and got two years probation.

Uh oh and guess what....was named a CO-Captain in 2017.

Tisk tisk Ohio State. I hope you're as appalled as I am.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was voted on by the players. Not the coaches. So clearly his teammates saw something in him, maybe a reformed spirit, that allowed him to get that title.
Holy shit, I can't tell if you're serious or not. If anything, that speaks further to a culture at michigan that allows this sort of thing, which is par for the course. I guess not much has changed since the r@pe coverup days.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, I can't tell if you're serious or not. If anything, that speaks further to a culture at michigan that allows this sort of thing, which is par for the course. I guess not much has changed since the r@pe coverup days.
You apparently haven't gotten to the comment where I found your very own criminal voted captain on OSU under Meyer.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it didn't take long to find a similar example under Urban (also, I'm fine with this reinstatement. Just pointing out it can be OK to give someone a second chance)

Ohio State football player Tracy Sprinkle reinstated

Was originally charged with Rioting and cocaine possession - Pleaded a felony down (cocaine possession) and got two years probation.

Uh oh and guess what....was named a CO-Captain in 2017.

Tisk tisk Ohio State. I hope you're as appalled as I am.
Fucking hell, man. More disgusting behavior from you. A kid who had all charges dropped but failure to comply, and tested negative for cocaine, is the same to you as sexually assaulting a woman and getting convicted of a felony. Unbelievable. Then again, this is coming from the guy who wishes cancer on kids, so it's no shock that your moral compass is shit.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA is the one who dismissed it.

If a player will readily tell the NCAA they are depressed — what would stop them from telling a doctor, the coaching staff, etc. well before they lost out on a starting job and want to go somewhere they can start?!?

If the NCAA allows self diagnosed depression as reason to transfer without penalty — they may as well lift any and all rules regarding transfer and make it like Free Agency. Every player wanting to transfer would just say they are depressed.
It isn't about what the NCAA said. My problem is with Harbaugh's comments. They're problematic and create a horrible atmosphere for a kid dealing with issues.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hell, man. More disgusting behavior from you. A kid who had all charges dropped but failure to comply, and tested negative for cocaine, is the same to you as sexually assaulting a woman and getting convicted of a felony. Unbelievable. Then again, this is coming from the guy who wishes cancer on kids, so it's no shock that your moral compass is shit.
Perry had his charged reduced as well to misdemeanor assault and battery; nothing sexual about his actual conviction. And his felony was evading police. Your player pleaded down a felony (originally charged with one) and got twice the sentence, two years probation. Possession of cocaine means he either intended to use it or sell it and also got charged with rioting.

The two situations are eerily similar. The court cases played out a little differently, one got the felony charged dropped, the other didn't but one got 1/2 the punishment as the other. Both voted as captains for their teams, both allowed back on the team.

But whatever, you're clearly unwilling to admit when you're wrong. Your bias is showing. I'm fine with both players getting a second chance after clearly making dumb mistakes as college kids.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't about what the NCAA said. My problem is with Harbaugh's comments. They're problematic and create a horrible atmosphere for a kid dealing with issues.
They create a great atmosphere where a kid can transfer for health reasons without having to openly use those reasons to justify it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perry had his charged reduced as well to misdemeanor assault and battery; nothing sexual about his actual charge. And his felony was evading police. Your player pleaded down a felony (originally charged with one) and got twice the sentence, two years probation. Possession of cocaine means he either intended to use it or sell it and also got charged with rioting.

The crossover similarities to the two situations is almost exact. The court cases played out a little differently, one got the felony charged dropped, the other didn't but one got 1/2 the punishment as the other. Both voted as captains for their teams, both allowed back on the team.

But whatever, you're clearly unwilling to admit when you're wrong. Your bias is showing.
His actual actions were extremely sexual, and incredibly disgusting. I can't believe you're just so OK with it. Possessing cocaine is extremely stupid, but it's victimless and nowhere near as reprehensible as sexually assaulting someone. Again, your moral compass is complete and total shit.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They create a great atmosphere where a kid can transfer for health reasons without having to openly use those reasons to justify it.
Yet Harbaugh would be there questioning them if a kid transfers and things don't get better. What a POS he is.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His actual actions were extremely sexual, and incredibly disgusting. I can't believe you're just so OK with it. Possessing cocaine is extremely stupid, but it's victimless and nowhere near as reprehensible as sexually assaulting someone. Again, your moral compass is complete and total shit.

The judge and prosecutor in the case disagree with you
Michigan WR Grant Perry sentenced to probation after victim gives emotional statement in court - mlive.com

"Both Draganchuk (the judge) and assistant prosecutor Christina Johnson agreed that Perry's crime that night was not sexually motivated, but rather a crime of "arrogance, entitlement and power.""

And I'm not OK with it. I'm glad he was arrested and punished. But I also don't think it should ruin his life.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude, getting an early start :suds:

I did the important stuff I needed to do early. Went to the gym & went on a bicycle ride along Boulder Creek. So I decided to gobble down an edible & listen to some blues music, Mudy Waters right now.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Harbaugh would be there questioning them if a kid transfers and things don't get better. What a POS he is.
Questioning who? Anyone could transfer for whatever reason, Harbaugh wouldn't necessarily even know why they left.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan WR Grant Perry sentenced to probation after victim gives emotional statement in court - mlive.com

"Both Draganchuk (the judge) and assistant prosecutor Christina Johnson agreed that Perry's crime that night was not sexually motivated, but rather a crime of "arrogance, entitlement and power.""
What you have just described is very often the motivation for r*pe. Hell that might be worse than just saying he was a horny college guy trying to cop a feel. That's disgusting enough, but adding in that it was about hubris? Guys who function that way are dangers to society, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it happen again with him. Holy shit, that is unbelievably disgusting. But hey, that's a real Michigan Man.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the important stuff I needed to do early. Went to the gym & went on a bicycle ride along Boulder Creek. So I decided to gobble down an edible & listen to some blues music, Mudy Waters right now.
Enjoy your time off, my friend :thumb:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you have just described is very often the motivation for r*pe. Hell that might be worse than just saying he was a horny college guy trying to cop a feel. That's disgusting enough, but adding in that it was about hubris? Guys who function that way are dangers to society, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it happen again with him. Holy shit, that is unbelievably disgusting. But hey, that's a real Michigan Man.
So is rioting and cocaine possession. But hopefully both kids got caught and can correct their behaviors now that they're both graduated and hopefully more mature.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is rioting and cocaine possession. But hopefully both kids got caught and can correct their behaviors now that they're both graduated and hopefully more mature.
No, dude. Those are not on the same level. Being involved in a bar fight with a small bag of cocaine is not remotely on the same level as sexually assaulting someone. Holy hell, you've got to me kidding me.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm not OK with it. I'm glad he was arrested and punished. But I also don't think it should ruin his life.

The victim told the court she had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder following the incident. She claimed Perry "made the decision to get intoxicated, use false identification, cut in line, repeatedly harass, intimidate, demean and sexually assault me, and, finally, run from police officers."

She continued: "The defendant's eyes were one thing I'll never forget. His wide eyes while he was saying foul words, licking his lips, hunching his shoulders over me and then grabbing the most personal part of my body with intent to make me feel as if I had no control over my body," she said. "I had to physically shove him off of me, causing him to stumble backwards. When he got up and went to rush back toward me a friend had to once again push him back. Both of us feared he'd continue to assault me.

"While my entire body was physically shaking, I was crying. The aggressive harassment continued. He was mocking my words as I described how I felt violated to my friends. He stared me down while I was waiting for police to arrive, with his wide eyes and taunting smile. All while his main concern was to get into the bar.

"Just as police were arriving, the defendant entered my personal space yet again. Puffing out his chest, rounding his shoulders, yelling in my face. His friends felt the need to apologize for him. But the defendant has never once shown remorse through this entire process. In fact, he denied his actions to the fullest extent. Upon agreeing to this plea deal he has claims to have simply pushed me out of his way."

I guess boys will be boys, right? At MI it is really ok to just "grab them by the pussy" well at lease those judges think so...