• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 reporters pick Michigan to win the B10

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty simple:

I was right when I said he was the best QB in the B1G last January, which turned out to be correct

or

He gained Heisman/first round caliber skills between February and August

I made a statement. You choosing not to believe it doesn't mean it was wrong. I've never made a declaration like that about any other OSU player going into a season, but I had done enough research on the kid, the team, and the coaches to say that confidently, and I was dead on. You can argue semantics all you want, but the fact remains I was right.
Nobody said you weren’t right. THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE OF IT!!!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said you weren’t right. THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE OF IT!!!
Actually Ralphie did. That's why I brought it up. He argued semantics over it for weeks. I was mostly just poking fun at him for it. Every once in a while, it makes for a good time.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the one where someone was arguing that Dwayne Haskins was not actually the best QB in the B1G in January of 2018 despite overwhelming evidence that he was.

There was no overwhelming evidence. He didn’t even start before last year. My Lord you’re a homer.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan to win the B1G is a smart bet.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Ralphie did. That's why I brought it up. He argued semantics over it for weeks. I was mostly just poking fun at him for it. Every once in a while, it makes for a good time.

I said it turned out he was the best. I never said you were right to call him the best January of 2018. WOW you’re a bad liar.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only a couple pages ATF, so haskins was the best QB in jan 2018 is what i am hearing.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only a couple pages ATF, so haskins was the best QB in jan 2018 is what i am hearing.
Based on overwhelming evidence of one half of meaningful play.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it turned out he was the best. I never said you were right to call him the best January of 2018. WOW you’re a bad liar.
I said that you told me I was wrong, not that you said I was right. You did, over and over.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you were. But that’s all in th past ole buddy.
I don't believe you ever demonstrated how he wasn't the best. Unproven at that point, yes. But being the best isn't time-dependent, unless you're in the camp that believes he gained his Heisman-caliber, first round talents between February and August of 2018.

:D

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop being a stupid troll. Post all of the evidence that you have that Haskins was the best quarterback in the conference that predates January 2018. Again nobody questioned that he had potential to be that, but there was no EVIDENCE to state that.
Yeah, where I'm from intuition/hunches does not equal evidence. But, hey, I live in West Texas so there's that.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty simple:

I was right when I said he was the best QB in the B1G last January, which turned out to be correct

or

He gained Heisman/first round caliber skills between February and August

I made a statement. You choosing not to believe it doesn't mean it was wrong. I've never made a declaration like that about any other OSU player going into a season, but I had done enough research on the kid, the team, and the coaches to say that confidently, and I was dead on. You can argue semantics all you want, but the fact remains I was right.
Well it wasn't like he had a whole lot of competition for that title.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it wasn't like he had a whole lot of competition for that title.
Oh I don't disagree. The B1G wasn't overflowing with QB talent exactly, but Haskins was clearly the cream of the crop in terms of actual talent. I could see that before the season started, made the statement, and I was right.

:noidea:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't disagree. The B1G wasn't overflowing with QB talent exactly, but Haskins was clearly the cream of the crop in terms of actual talent. I could see that before the season started, made the statement, and I was right.

:noidea:
I had to look at who his competition was last year. Not a lot there.

How about sharing the winning numbers in the upcoming lottery with this old man?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe you ever demonstrated how he wasn't the best. Unproven at that point, yes. But being the best isn't time-dependent, unless you're in the camp that believes he gained his Heisman-caliber, first round talents between February and August of 2018.

:D

He had done absolutely nothing to indicate he was the best at that point and time. Tell us what he did to earn best? What’s worse is you know that. You are just arguing because you don’t want to admit you are wrong. An in that argument, it is absolutely time dependent. Haskins had yet to start a game and you stated at the time he was the best. Again you know were wrong but you’ll never admit it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had done absolutely nothing to indicate he was the best at that point and time. Tell us what he did to earn best? What’s worse is you know that. You are just arguing because you don’t want to admit you are wrong. An in that argument, it is absolutely time dependent. Haskins had yet to start a game and you stated at the time he was the best. Again you know were wrong but you’ll never admit it.
So... you're saying he gained all of his skills that he demonstrated on the field that got him invited to the Heisman ceremony and drafted in the first round between the months of February and August? Is that right?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... you're saying he gained all of his skills that he demonstrated on the field that got him invited to the Heisman ceremony and drafted in the first round between the months of February and August? Is that right?

No, I’m saying he didn’t use those skills in the 2017 season for anyone to know or call him the best because of that in January 2018. You said you had evidence prior to the 2018 season, where is it?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I’m saying he didn’t use those skills in the 2017 season for anyone to know or call him the best because of that in January 2018. You said you had evidence prior to the 2018 season, where is it?
Honestly, hearing about his approach, knowing what Day had just done with Barrett - who was half the prospect as a QB - and seeing how incredibly cool he was getting thrown into the fire on the road in the biggest rivalry game in the country against a nasty defense was more than enough for me to see that he was clearly above the rest. When he first recruited him, Urban said he was the best passer he'd ever recruited, and it showed. It was an easy statement to make if you actually knew anything about the kid, which I did.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, hearing about his approach, knowing what Day had just done with Barrett - who was half the prospect as a QB - and seeing how incredibly cool he was getting thrown into the fire on the road in the biggest rivalry game in the country against a nasty defense was more than enough for me to see that he was clearly above the rest. When he first recruited him, Urban said he was the best passer he'd ever recruited, and it showed. It was an easy statement to make if you actually knew anything about the kid, which I did.

You based someone being the best based on half a game performance/experience? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
How long are you going to keep this charade up? Everyone on this earth knows if he wasn’t clad in scarlet and gray you wouldn’t have made such a wrong statement.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You based someone being the best based on half a game performance/experience? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
How long are you going to keep this charade up? Everyone on this earth knows if he wasn’t clad in scarlet and gray you wouldn’t have made such a wrong statement.
I probably wouldn't have because I wouldn't know nearly as much about him.

So you admit he didn't gain all of his ability between February and August, and obviously his play last fall backed up my assertion. I guess that would have made me... right?