• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 reporters pick Michigan to win the B10

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason mNb09 has such issues w/ Urban is he beat Jimmy Jamz Boyz 4x.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You again. Why are you so angry at life? Let's be friends and stop this childish name calling. Have you noticed how Across the field and I can passionately disagree without resorting to name calling?

I treat you no different than any other flaming idiot. If you'd stop being wrong all the time, I wouldn't have to call you out on it.

giphy.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we agree Meyer is no more a scumbag than Harbaugh.

When you say there's going to be skepticism about kids using mental illness as a lie, it's going to now make those kids feel like they can't come forward. That's just careless and should've never been said, period.

In regards to why he made the statement — James Hudson wanted to use ‘depression’ as the reason for his transfer without sitting out a year.

Harbaugh was asked about the Hudson situation. No one is saying a player can’t come forward. It was stated that Hudson never did. He didn’t see anyone on campus at UM regarding depression. He didn’t take any medication. He was never diagnosed. He never went to the coaching staff regarding it and has no family history of it.

That is why he was denied the waiver to play immediately by the NCAA.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you grab a woman's crotch without her consent, yes, you absolutely deserve to be kicked off the football team and out of school. That is sexual assault. That is fucking disgusting.
I agree that it's gross but I'm also fine with kids being punished through the court system and allowed a second chance. Obviously if the kid murdered someone it's different. I think it has to be evaluated by player and situation. I know kids have been kicked off for less, so obviously Harbaugh saw something and felt he could redeem himself. It's not like Perry was a crucial member of our offense.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to why he made the statement — James Hudson wanted to use ‘depression’ as the reason for his transfer without sitting out a year.

Harbaugh was asked about the Hudson situation. No one is saying a player can’t come forward. It was stated that Hudson never did. He didn’t see anyone on campus at UM regarding depression. He didn’t take any medication. He was never diagnosed. He never went to the coaching staff regarding it and has no family history of it.

That is why he was denied the waiver to play immediately by the NCAA.
Sure, I understand that. Thousands of people deal with depression without people knowing about it. People deal in different ways. If an adult says they're dealing with it and they think the best thing for them is a change of scenery, that's completely acceptable. However, when you make a comment like he did insinuating that kids will use it as a lie, it creates a really shitty environment. The idea that it could be dismissed is just reckless. He was out of line saying that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're arguing with someone who never knows anything about anything. Maize&Blew is a Top 5 board idiot.

Zach Smith wasn't kept on because of his coaching prowess anyway ("to win football games"). He was kept on because he was Earl Bruce's grandkid and like a son to Urbs.

He was hired on at OSU after Florida because he is/was an elite recruiter.

He stayed on at OSU thru all the BS because of the Bruce affiliation.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I treat you no different than any other flaming idiot. If you'd stop being wrong all the time, I wouldn't have to call you out on it.

giphy.gif

maze-n-blew09 & his sidekick in stupidity trustmeimwrong suffer from a severe case of Homeritis.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm acting like he's a piece of shit who thinks it's OK to grab a woman's groin without consent and then run away when he's about to have to face the consequences. That's not a kid I want on my team, but Harbaugh disagrees.

Meyer actually hasn't though. Not at OSU at least.
Perry got consequences and paid the price through our justice system. And he was suspended from the football team as well while this played out. I have no issues with how this was handled, especially given he had no past issues and graduated without further problems.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it's gross but I'm also fine with kids being punished through the court system and allowed a second chance. Obviously if the kid murdered someone it's different. I think it has to be evaluated by player and situation. I know kids have been kicked off for less, so obviously Harbaugh saw something and felt he could redeem himself. It's not like Perry was a crucial member of our offense.
He didn't murder someone, but it's also not like he was charged with public intox or something victimless. It isn't "gross", that's watering it down a tremendous amount. It's reprehensible and he should've never been allowed back on the team, simple as that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perry got consequences and paid the price through our justice system. And he was suspended from the football team as well while this played out. I have no issues with how this was handled, especially given he had no past issues and graduated without further problems.
And he was rewarded with a captain label. That's just disgusting. If this happened at OSU, I would be absolutely appalled and so would the majority of Buckeye fans. The fact that you're trying to downplay it makes you look even worse.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I understand that. Thousands of people deal with depression without people knowing about it. People deal in different ways. If an adult says they're dealing with it and they think the best thing for them is a change of scenery, that's completely acceptable. However, when you make a comment like he did insinuating that kids will use it as a lie, it creates a really shitty environment. The idea that it could be dismissed is just reckless. He was out of line saying that.

The NCAA is the one who dismissed it.

If a player will readily tell the NCAA they are depressed — what would stop them from telling a doctor, the coaching staff, etc. well before they lost out on a starting job and want to go somewhere they can start?!?

If the NCAA allows self diagnosed depression as reason to transfer without penalty — they may as well lift any and all rules regarding transfer and make it like Free Agency. Every player wanting to transfer would just say they are depressed.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hired on at OSU after Florida because he is/was an elite recruiter.

He stayed on at OSU thru all the BS because of the Bruce affiliation.

A glass of water can recruit to Florida or Ohio St.

He was given opportunities at Bowling Green (player), Florida (GA), and Ohio St (rcvrs coach), because he was Earl Bruce's grandkid.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't murder someone, but it's also not like he was charged with public intox or something victimless. It isn't "gross", that's watering it down a tremendous amount. It's reprehensible and he should've never been allowed back on the team, simple as that.
There's a balance here. He got punished, both by the team and by the justice system. I don't think all crimes should be met with the most severe version of punishment and there has to be a way to continue on without that incident ruining lives.

And in terms of football, this is what they said after he was reinstated:

"We conducted an athletic department and institutional review following the conclusion of the legal process. Based on that review, we have determined that Grant is reinstated to full participation with the football team. In order to maintain his full participation with the team, and in addition to complying with the terms of his probation, Grant must continue to meet additional internal requirements from the university, athletic department and football program."

Like I said, I have no problem with evaluating situations and allowing a kid to continue. And I would say the same of a kid at OSU or any other school.

Like I said, Harbaugh has a history of kicking kids off immediately and for lesser crimes. Both Omaury Samuels and Nate Johnson have been immediately kicked off the team for domestic assault in the last couple years (not suggesting those are lesser crimes in this example).

Logan Tuley-Tillman got kicked off in 2015 for videotaping a girl undressing or something like that.

And I'm sure there are others. So I have no issues with Harbaugh allowing Perry a chance to come back.

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A glass of water can recruit to Florida or Ohio St.

He was given opportunities at Bowling Green (player), Florida (GA), and Ohio St (rcvrs coach), because he was Earl Bruce's grandkid.

You can say that, but never has OSU brought in the type of recruiting classes they have over the 7-8 years.

Smith was bat shit crazy and a mediocre position coach, but he can recruit his ass off.

And the grandkid definitely played a part too.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maze-n-blew09 & his sidekick in stupidity trustmeimwrong suffer from a severe case of Homeritis.

They can be homers as long as they're accurate about other things. In this case Maize&Blew is always spewing false uninformed crap.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that, but never has OSU brought in the type of recruiting classes they have over the 7-8 years.

Smith was bat shit crazy and a mediocre position coach, but he can recruit his ass off.

And the grandkid definitely played a part too.

1) Because OSU
2) Because Urbs.

Who wouldn't want their kid to play for a modern legend like Urbs?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can be homers as long as they're accurate about other things. In this case Maize&Blew is always spewing false uninformed crap.

It's what he does. When it comes to anything meeeechegan related reality isn't his friend. Actually Ohio State related too.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Smith was given an opportunity to play for Urbs at Bowling Green because Zach was "an elite recruiter". Derp

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was given an opportunity to play for Urbs at Bowling Green because he was "an elite recruiter". Derp

Sounds right to me. But I'm on vacation this week & just a little unsober at the moment.

#cottonmouth

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he was rewarded with a captain label. That's just disgusting. If this happened at OSU, I would be absolutely appalled and so would the majority of Buckeye fans. The fact that you're trying to downplay it makes you look even worse.
that was voted on by the players. Not the coaches. So clearly his teammates saw something in him, maybe a reformed spirit, that allowed him to get that title.