• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 reporters pick Michigan to win the B10

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn’t have to make it out like the kids are lying. Because he lost a kid who he doesn’t believe? He didn’t have to go as fair as he did and he offered no solution.
The fact that he decided to go in that direction right off the bat is disgusting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The solution was offered as a one time transfer with no penalty to anyone, mental illness or not. That's even a more liberal suggestion than the idea of a transfer because of mental illness.
So if a kid transfers to another school and is dealing with some serious issues, in Harbaugh's world, he's pretty much shit out of luck.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but worrying about players transferring rather than taking mental health concerns seriously is just inexcusable.
If a kid is no longer part of a program, you're expecting the former program to invest resources into them? Again, if you come to someone and say you're transferring...oh and also it's because I'm depressed, the help that can be provided is limited.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a kid transfers to another school and is dealing with some serious issues, in Harbaugh's world, he's pretty much shit out of luck.
Hudson had all the academic and mental health support he wanted at the program. He chose to transfer to another one. So no, schools have no responsibility to players who are playing at other schools.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The solution was offered as a one time transfer with no penalty to anyone, mental illness or not. That's even a more liberal suggestion than the idea of a transfer because of mental illness.

That’s not a solution for saying kids using mental Illness as an “excuse.” Which is what he was getting at.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a kid is no longer part of a program, you're expecting the former program to invest resources into them? Again, if you come to someone and say you're transferring...oh and also it's because I'm depressed, the help that can be provided is limited.
The correct answer is not "well I think they should get a free transfer but then after that, you gotta make sure they're not lying" is just a fucked up, misguided thing to say. If literally any other coach in the nation said that, you would 100% be ripping into them. If Ryan Day or Urban Meyer said that, I would be sick to my stomach that they're approaching a situation like that in such a transactional way. These kids are people, not commodities.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he decided to go in that direction right off the bat is disgusting.
He didn't.

D_3voqPWsAAV_e9

There is nothing wrong with these comments, period.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't.

D_3voqPWsAAV_e9

There is nothing wrong with these comments, period.
The fact that you're typing that shows just how delusional you are about your coach. Unbelievable.

By the way - why are you dodging my assertion that Harbaugh needs to point the finger at himself regarding being a scumbag?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The correct answer is not "well I think they should get a free transfer but then after that, you gotta make sure they're not lying" is just a fucked up, misguided thing to say. If literally any other coach in the nation said that, you would 100% be ripping into them. If Ryan Day or Urban Meyer said that, I would be sick to my stomach that they're approaching a situation like that in such a transactional way. These kids are people, not commodities.
That isn't what he said. He said, :I think it cleans it up of saying everyone has one year where they could be immediately eligible".

Then went on to clarify why, because if a kid can get eligible for claiming depression then "hey, say this or say that to get eligible- say what they've got to say"

And finished with, "I care very deeply about mental health, I'm not saying everyone is lying about that."

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't what he said. He said, :I think it cleans it up of saying everyone has one year where they could be immediately eligible".

Then went on to clarify why, because if a kid can get eligible for claiming depression then "hey, say this or say that to get eligible- say what they've got to say"

And finished with, "I care very deeply about mental health, I'm not saying everyone is lying about that."
This is the bad part. This is something that is problematic.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you're typing that shows just how delusional you are about your coach. Unbelievable.

By the way - why are you dodging my assertion that Harbaugh needs to point the finger at himself regarding being a scumbag?
I agree with him entirely. Is what he is saying wrong?

If you allow transfers for free because of mental illness claims, then kids will 100% use false claims to get an immediate eligibility waiver because who's going to question someone who says they suffer from depression (among other illnesses)? Rather than be in the business of judging the legitimacy of one's mental health claims, Harbaugh is suggesting a very liberal 1 time transfer with immediate eligibility, for anyone. By doing that you're preventing people from questioning legitimate claims of a health problem.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him entirely. Is what he is saying wrong?

If you allow transfers for free because of mental illness claims, then kids will 100% use false claims to get an immediate eligibility waiver because who's going to question someone who says they suffer from depression (among other illnesses)? Rather than be in the business of judging the legitimacy of one's mental health claims, Harbaugh is suggesting a very liberal 1 time transfer with immediate eligibility, for anyone. By doing that you're preventing people from questioning legitimate claims of a health problem.
You absolutely are not preventing that.

Again - why are you dodging the fact that Harbaugh has been just as big a scumbag at michigan as Meyer was at OSU, if not more of one?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the bad part. This is something that is problematic.
It's correct. And we're seeing it now with eligibility transfers. Kids are claiming anything as hardships to try and switch schools free of penalty. This is a big business with a lot of money involved. Your current QB claimed a hardship for getting benched. It's illigitimizing the actual claims for immediate transfer eligibility. The same thing would absolutely be done if mental health were a reason for immediate eligibility. And let's be clear, that's not about mental health that's about being able to transfer anywhere and play right away. Something that will absolutely be abused.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You absolutely are not preventing that.

Again - why are you dodging the fact that Harbaugh has been just as big a scumbag at michigan as Meyer was at OSU, if not more of one?
Because Meyer allowed sexual assault to win football games and Harbaugh said he wanted kids a free transfer without penalty?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your response is to out and out lie?
That is literally what happened, and why Meyer got suspended. Habaugh says he wants a penalty free transfer rule so it's not tied to mental health and you're trying to claim that he's anti-mental healthy. If someone claims a mental health problem, eligibility to play should have no ties to it nor their ability to transfer somewhere without penalty.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is literally what happened, and why Meyer got suspended. Habaugh says he wants a penalty free transfer rule so it's not tied to mental health and you're trying to claim that he's anti-mental healthy. If someone claims a mental health problem, eligibility to play should have no ties to it nor their ability to transfer somewhere without penalty.
I mean, it's literally not at all. Go ahead and show me someone involved with the OSU program that was convicted of sexual assault who stayed with the program.

Meanwhile, Harbaugh allows a convicted felon with charges of sexual assault to not only remain on the team, but makes him a captain.

Pretty clear Harbaugh is the bigger scumbag.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's literally not at all. Go ahead and show me someone involved with the OSU program that was convicted of sexual assault who stayed with the program.

Meanwhile, Harbaugh allows a convicted felon with charges of sexual assault to not only remain on the team, but makes him a captain.

Pretty clear Harbaugh is the bigger scumbag.
I mistyped. I meant domestic assault not sexual assault.

Also, the guy Harbaugh allowed back onto the team had his crime play out in court and penalties were handed out. Ultimately, his crime was slapping a girl's ass in line. I don't think he deserved the death penalty.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mistyped. I meant domestic assault not sexual assault.

Also, the guy Harbaugh allowed back onto the team had his crime play out in court and penalties were handed out. Ultimately, his crime was slapping a girl's ass in line. I don't think he deserved the death penalty.
So, one guy is never charged with a crime and the accuser's mom even says she was the aggressive one, and he's horrible.

Another guy is convicted of a felony and accepts a plea to avoid charges of sexual assault, but "his crime played out".

Your homerism knows no bounds.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, one guy is never charged with a crime and the accuser's mom even says she was the aggressive one, and he's horrible.

Another guy is convicted of a felony and accepts a plea to avoid charges of sexual assault, but "his crime played out".

Your homerism knows no bounds.
A slap on the ass vs. abusing his wife, covering it up, lying about it, all in the name of not losing football games....yeah, they're different and what Urban did as a full fledged adult and head coach is, IMO, significantly worse than a college kid slapping the ass of a girl at a bar. Both are not great, one of them is a head coach the otehr is a kid who was allowed back on the team after a significantly longer suspension.