• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Average Joe's Quick Slant

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe i left this comment "Love this Joe’s writing style
he is certainly better than your average read.."

actually Joe great stuff i loved it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really appreciate that.
Was gonna try to go that route, but you're right when you say it "is a ton of work."
Especially when more than half the league changes coordinators.
That's a lot of history/seasons/tendancies to research.
A follow-up article is a good idea.
:thumb:

Definitely a lot of work.

But hey, I am guessing you would rather look at coordinator tendencies than overanalyze rookies?

Am I right?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commented too. Joe brings the good stuff!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commented too. Joe brings the good stuff!
Appreciate that.
I wish I had better things to say about LaFluer. I know the Packers have Rodgers which is a nice weapon to have. But LaFluer inherited a statistically better Titans offense (from 2017) and he made them worse. Plus it took him 12 weeks to figure he should give the ball to Derrick Henry. And on top of that, he misspoke at his press conference so the Packers GM had to interject a "clarified" response.

I know Packer fans were fed up with McCarthy, and LaFluer is from the McVey coaching tree... But he scares me.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate that.
I wish I had better things to say about LaFluer. I know the Packers have Rodgers which is a nice weapon to have. But LaFluer inherited a statistically better Titans offense (from 2017) and he made them worse. Plus it took him 12 weeks to figure he should give the ball to Derrick Henry. And on top of that, he misspoke at his press conference so the Packers GM had to interject a "clarified" response.

I know Packer fans were fed up with McCarthy, and LaFluer is from the McVey coaching tree... But he scares me.
I’ll be honest, he wasn’t in my top 3 choices but I have to trust the decision until it’s proven to be a bad decision.

I really like the youth infusion which means fresh ideas.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be honest, he wasn’t in my top 3 choices but I have to trust the decision until it’s proven to be a bad decision.

I really like the youth infusion which means fresh ideas.
I know where you're coming from. I can relate. Ditka got the Bears to the playoffs 7 of his 11 years. I remember many said it was time for him to go. We had a similar outlook as Dave Wannstedt took over. It's been a nightmare since.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't feel bad for the bears, they fired Lovie after a 10-6 season, following a 3 yr stretch where he went 29-19 and won 1 playoff game

I think bears were just mad that he wasn't ever going to give them a 2-14 season and a top 3 draft pick, middling seasons with a really good one every once in awhile wasn't enough for them and isn't for most teams. Seems like they'd rather suck ass for a few season and stockpile talent instead of actually trying to win every week. Not too different from how the NHL works, unless you are the Oilers, then you suck no matter how many top picks you get.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't feel bad for the bears, they fired Lovie after a 10-6 season, following a 3 yr stretch where he went 29-19 and won 1 playoff game

I think bears were just mad that he wasn't ever going to give them a 2-14 season and a top 3 draft pick, middling seasons with a really good one every once in awhile wasn't enough for them and isn't for most teams. Seems like they'd rather suck ass for a few season and stockpile talent instead of actually trying to win every week. Not too different from how the NHL works, unless you are the Oilers, then you suck no matter how many top picks you get.
I respect Lovie. Appreciate what he did for the franchise. But he was all about the defense. Jerry Angelo who was the GM did us no favors. Landing Cutler was huge, but not surrounding him with anyone was an issue. Urlacher and Briggs were getting older and there was no defensive depth because, again, Angelo didnt draft well. Lovie got us 10 wins but i think everyone saw that the Bears as a team were gonna struggle. IMO Lovie was not an innovator. And he was a terrible evaluator of talent. When Urlacher was not in the lineup, Lovie's defense struggled. I don't follow college ball, but I think his tenure at University of Illinois is exposing his flaws.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did open it with a computer, but can't see the charts and graphs @averagejoe
:scratch: Hmmmm. IDK? I used a chrome browser.
I also resent the editor clearer charts. The ones he posted seemed not as sharp. Maybe he was in the process of swapping them out?

Damn Joe, at least you could spell it right....................

IT'S ANA!
I deliberately misspelled it to protect your identity.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Hmmmm. IDK? I used a chrome browser.
I also resent the editor clearer charts. The ones he posted seemed not as sharp. Maybe he was in the process of swapping them out?

I deliberately misspelled it to protect your identity.

Whatever...............from now on...............

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did open it with a computer, but can't see the charts and graphs

From 1990 on...
Taste RB graph from 1990 - 2018.png

2018 Touch leaders (sorted per game) top 24...
Taste RB chart 2b.png

Team totals for the RB core...
Taste RB team touches.png

Last edited:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team graph with corrected numbers.

Taste RB team touches.png