• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Average Joe's Quick Slant

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incomplete without mentioning Gurley tore the same knee in college.

You try to write a very rosy piece, but the best player in fantasy is AT BEST being reduced to a timeshare due to a knee condition that was always a matter of time.

Well that time has come.

In week 15/16 will Gurley be useful at all? Yikes!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the best player in fantasy is AT BEST being reduced to a timeshare due to a knee condition that was always a matter of time.

Yes I agree with that take and his floor is he decides he must retire at some point soon.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams run blocking oline was off the charts last year. With footballoutsiders metrics, you see them get a higher Power Ranking and Stuffed Ranking in 2018 than 2017 and I wouldn't be shocked if Gurley's TD output benefited from that. PFF accounted for the late season struggles of the oline and had them ranked 6th overall which is still really good but now Saffold is gone and he was definitely one of the solid starters.

I don't think he is going to hit 2000 Yds and 20 TDs but where do you draw the line on his fall? Do you take him before David Johnson coming off his 1400 Yds and 10 TD performance? If you question that then you almost have to take him off your board for all intents and purposes.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You try to write a very rosy piece, but the best player in fantasy is AT BEST being reduced to a timeshare due to a knee condition that was always a matter of time.

Well that time has come.

In week 15/16 will Gurley be useful at all? Yikes!
can you prove he wont be?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TODD GURLEYRB, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Rams coach Sean McVay "absolutely" expects Todd Gurley (knee) to participate in on-field drills at training camp.
Gurley has been shut down at OTAs, but that's part of the Rams' plan to reduce his workload. He'll be eased into training camp, and is unlikely to get in many preseason reps. Gurley has downplayed his knee issues, but the Rams' offseason moves are a threat to his every-down status. Uncertainty over Gurley's health has made him a potential bargain at his mid first-round ADP.

SOURCE: Los Angeles Times
Jun 12, 2019, 11:20 AM ET

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same knee several years apart doesn't necessarily mean they're relayed? One is an injury and the other is inherently degenerative.

But I was going for rosey.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same knee several years apart doesn't necessarily mean they're relayed? One is an injury and the other is inherently degenerative.

some need to understand human anatomy, joe.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The scar tissue there can certainly contribute to the knee troubles. Blood and nutrients don't flow as well in an inflamed/rebuilt knee. People have small problems for years that eventually turn into bigger problems. I don't think that's anything novel.

Can't convince me there's no relation.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams run blocking oline was off the charts last year. With footballoutsiders metrics, you see them get a higher Power Ranking and Stuffed Ranking in 2018 than 2017 and I wouldn't be shocked if Gurley's TD output benefited from that. PFF accounted for the late season struggles of the oline and had them ranked 6th overall which is still really good but now Saffold is gone and he was definitely one of the solid starters.

I don't think he is going to hit 2000 Yds and 20 TDs but where do you draw the line on his fall? Do you take him before David Johnson coming off his 1400 Yds and 10 TD performance? If you question that then you almost have to take him off your board for all intents and purposes.
David Johnson is way more likely to be in your starting lineup the last 4 weeks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Johnson is way more likely to be in your starting lineup the last 4 weeks.
Not sure that David Johnson's Left and Right Tackles will last that long, though. Heck, Marcus Gilbert has only been playing 6 games a year lately.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:painkiller:Blood and nutrients don’t flow? Lmao I guess osteonecrosis is occurring.

Also inflammation is your body forcing blood To an area. Please stop.

Here is a very basic reference for u

What Is Inflammation?

This release of chemicals increases the blood flow to the area of injury or infection, and may result in redness and warmth. Some of the chemicals cause a leak of fluid into the tissues, resulting in swelling. This protective process may stimulate nerves and cause pain.

It’s starting to smell pretty bad in here

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:painkiller:Blood and nutrients don’t flow? Lmao I guess osteonecrosis is occurring.

Also inflammation is your body forcing blood To an area. Please stop.

Here is a very basic reference for u

What Is Inflammation?

This release of chemicals increases the blood flow to the area of injury or infection, and may result in redness and warmth. Some of the chemicals cause a leak of fluid into the tissues, resulting in swelling. This protective process may stimulate nerves and cause pain.

It’s starting to smell pretty bad in here
Holy shit, dude. Why do you ice an inflamed area? To restrict the capillaries and get the blood out so new blood can flow and provide nutrients to the area upon removal of the ice. Hilarious you don't know this.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, dude. Why do you ice an inflamed area? To restrict the capillaries and get the blood out so new blood can flow and provide nutrients to the area upon removal of the ice. Hilarious you don't know this.
But blood doesn’t flow there? You just stated that. So inflamed blood is void of nutrients?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But blood doesn’t flow there? You just stated that. So inflamed blood is void of nutrients?
You're being a dumbass and a dick.

I don't care to go back and forth with you on something so basic and so well understood medically just because you can't read.

Hopefully you understand this a little better than you're presenting it here. May God help your "patients."

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being a dumbass and a dick.

I don't care to go back and forth with you on something so basic and so well understood medically just because you can't read.

Hopefully you understand this a little better than you're presenting it here. May God help your "patients."
When trolls get twisted up, retreat

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you guys please just block each other instead of hijacking all the threads for this pissing contest that nobody can possibly win?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okie dokie, i see one thread but sure.

amusing how certain persons on the fantasy boards can get into discussions and disagreements and its ok, or be critical of others. Others cannot.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okie dokie, i see one thread but sure.

amusing how certain persons on the fantasy boards can get into discussions and disagreements and its ok, or be critical of others. Others cannot.

You know what. Nevermind, I just took care of it myself.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of you rookie lovers.
Going back 5 seasons, updated the rookie stats for each position and each round the rookie was drafted.
Even separated top-10 selections also.
(Wrote this a few weeks ago. Was posted a couple days ago.)

A Second Helping at the NFL Rookie Salad Bar