• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

August, the Orioles, and the Trade Deadline all arrive: BAL @ TEX 8/1-3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that Burke should be a starter, and Woody is either too incompetent or stubborn to allow it to happen, while the Front Office refuses to get involved either way, isn't so much "pointing out mistakes" as it is adding to the increasingly absurd narrative that this board has created
It is absurd to you, apparently. To some others, it is not. You view him and his decisions however you want to. Everyone else will too.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absurd to you, apparently. To some others, it is not. You view him and his decisions however you want to. Everyone else will too.
Personaly I do not know why Burke has been held back but he should be stretched out and allowed a chance as a starter.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JONAH......

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personaly I do not know why Burke has been held back but he should be stretched out and allowed a chance as a starter.

Woody, obviously. Nothing can happen in the organization without Woody's approval.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD to AAA mgr: Bring up Profar he is ready to shine

JD to Wash. : Here’s Profar he will jumpstart and invigorate our offense

Wash to JD: Sure thanks I will surely for him in some

JD to self :? - Well Wash is the baseball guy so I guess I will give him the benefit of the doubt

Wash to self : I will play when he is @&$@* ready. I am the skipper here and I’m sure not sitting Michael

Media narrative - with all the metrics the FO is telling the manager want to do

Wash in his mind- Dont he know that the way baseball go
Ain’t no white shirt ivy leaguer going to tell me who to play. Me and Michael run this clubhouse. Where are my cigs. Let’s play some ball and grind is out a win

Joking of course but kind of
I know of only one time when the GM overruled a manager and that was when JD had had enough of Kinsler leading off. There are probably a handful of others, but that one I know of because Wash said it wasn't his idea. He told is it was over his head. I think Wash would have mentioned any other time it happened as well.

As far as the decision to not ever start Burke, I will blame the manager because that is usually a manager's call. If it is JD's calling that shot then he probably needs to be replaced, both for the decision and for not letting the manager manage.

I have also amed JD im the past for things that should be the GM's call since he didn't have anyone over him except the owners. Others like to put those things on the owners. It seems like there is always someone not wanting to blame someone by blaming someone higher. Oh well, I guess we all see it however we see it and not how others see it.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not much of a stat head and more the look of things from my own personal perspective.
I always thought JD gave Wash quite a bit of latitude and although he would be likely the main player over the mgr in getting guys reassured and called up, he would let Wash run the club and assess end of year.

But yes there was times I wish he would tell away to fix his lineups, play certain ones etc
Just my perspective

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought but why are Semien and Seager always back to back in the lineup?

I dont remember seeing a lineup when both were playing that they haven't been back to back and in the top 3 spots in the lineup.

I am sure there have been occasions, I just dont recall seeing it.

Seems to be working great too, not thinking it shouldn't ALWAYS be that way. Never my place to second guess any decisions, fans aren't allowed to question the manager or FO calls ever.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought but why are Semien and Seager always back to back in the lineup?

I dont remember seeing a lineup when both were playing that they haven't been back to back and in the top 3 spots in the lineup.

I am sure there have been occasions, I just dont recall seeing it.

Seems to be working great too, not thinking it shouldn't ALWAYS be that way. Never my place to second guess any decisions, fans aren't allowed to question the manager or FO calls ever.
Maybe JD or the owners are forcing Woody to do that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-2 count and leclerc sends one right down the gut

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe JD or the owners are forcing Woody to do that.

I have to think it is the Pope's call, nobody in the organization could be making these calls

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-2 count and leclerc sends one right down the gut

I cant see the pitch he threw yet but he has absolutely zero command of the fastball. Even says the only pitch he feels comfortable throwing for a strike is the slombio/slomvio whatever the heck its called

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the bitching about the rotation/SP and the bullpen, I have failed to give credit where credit is due.....this offense absolutely sucks balls too