• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

August, the Orioles, and the Trade Deadline all arrive: BAL @ TEX 8/1-3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to one of the talking-heads on Yahoo, Woodward is ranked as the 23rd worst Mgr in the bigs​

23. Chris Woodward — Texas Rangers​

USATSI_16755158-scaled.jpg
Darren Yamashita-USA TODAY Sports

Chris Woodward is a name you could see fly up these ranks in a year time. Woodward took over in Texas back in 2019. Equipped with a middling roster, the Rangers finished Woodard’s first season with a record of 78-84. As a new skipper, Woodward boasted natural leadership skills and a knack for making sound in-game decisions. His early results inspired hope in Ranger fans that the team’s future looked bright.

Not to be overlooked, Woodward also apparently played a part in Texas’ huge offseason. According to the $300 million man Corey Seager, one of the main appeals to signing with the Rangers was the chance to play for Woodward. The two worked together on the Dodgers when Woodward was the team’s third base coach. Playing a part in one of the league’s biggest offseason signings is certainly a notch on Woodward’s resume.
I have not reason to disbelieve he did not help us get Seager signed

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to have a few throwback pitchers like Perez and and maybe when he comes up Winn who are not max effort and IMO susceptible to injury.

I think Perez is more precision as opposed to blow away with a FB perhaps to the detriment of your arm.

I remember the older guys as having more control of their pitches, they seemed to know the hitters better and they always had a pitch they saved for about 3-4 different spots in the game. They always seemed like they could get a few more MPH on their FB late in the game to get out of a jam instead of being totally gassed and getting hammered. And the makeup of the teams has changed too, defense isn't valued as much as it used to be, situational/locational hitting is a lost art (Vilorias single last night was a good piece of locational hitting)and creating chaos with quality base running is almost non-existent... :tsk:

BTA some of these memories are old ones and may have been in my dreams instead of me actually seeing them... :noidea: :D