• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aqib Talib: I don't see why Broncos can't repeat

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Buttfumble isn't exactly known for holding onto the football. So, if he ends up Denver's starting QB (gawd have mercy on Denver fan's souls) you may be longing for last years bad give away numbers.
Yes, but even so he turns it over about .6% points less than Manning did through the air last year. He'd be taking more sacks though than Manning, however.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but even so he turns it over about .6% points less than Manning did through the air last year. He'd be taking more sacks though than Manning, however.
True and more sacks = more opportunities for strips/fumbles.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an opinion to say that last season, both Manning and Osweiler were below average qb's. That's just statistically a fact.
Okay fair enough. Osweiler's 2015 stats were: 1,967 yards passing, 61.8% completion, 11 tds, 6 ints, 86.4 QBR. IMO, that is an average season, not a below average season. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fair enough. Osweiler's 2015 stats were: 1,967 yards passing, 61.8% completion, 11 tds, 6 ints, 86.4 QBR. IMO, that is an average season, not a below average season. Just my opinion.
Considering his sack rate was pushing 10 percent and his YPA under 7, no, absolutely not average. Well below average if anything.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering his sack rate was pushing 10 percent and his YPA under 7, no, absolutely not average. Well below average if anything.
Okay fair enough. I guess there is a fine line between below average and average.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my problem

People say 'Plenty of Crap QB's', but when this type of conversation takes place, its those names ^^^^^^ above, that always come up

The reason is because in the last 30 or so years, those guys make up most of the list of below average QB's that have made the playoffs/SB....Thats not a ringing endorsement of the belief that you can win big without a good/great QB

Ok...Troy Aikman.

Cowboys won big repeatedly with an over rated QB because they had a great great defense Oline, and great WR/RB combo.
Not because they had Troy Aikman.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? If you were the GM were you going to honor his contract this year had he not taken the strangle hold off Denver's cap by retiring? No need to answer. The correct answers are in the poll I started today.

50-14 do you consider that elite?

Like to answer that. As GM would have thanked Manning for a great 4 year run and let him know we're moving in another direction. Kinda sounds like a GM. Mute point though because Manning I think knew better than anyone else how much his skills had diminished over the past year and was no doubt his plan was to retire.

50-14 record under Manning I don't see as being elite or "dominate". From fan standpoint though was a great run.

Kinda like Pat's 18-1 season, not elite but a great run.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be impossible to replace him.

I don't see why they can't win another SB this yr either AT, except that at this point, they have no viable qb to take them there, and they lost some very good players on the D side of the ball...Then there's the SB lag to deal with with all teams bringing their A game every week....
And then last but not least, better teams than they will be vying for the same thing....
Nothing wrong with high anticipation, but when the mouth takes off before the brain, there's usually a prediction accident in the making....
Bad personal stats or no, they will miss PM, for sure IMO....

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won a lot of games last year despite getting very little from their QB's, the defense carried them throughout the year and in the playoffs. Hard to see that happening again with their division(and the AFC in general) getting better, but only time will tell. I think they're more likely to be a WC team or miss the playoffs than get the top seed again.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won a lot of games last year despite getting very little from their QB's, the defense carried them throughout the year and in the playoffs. Hard to see that happening again with their division(and the AFC in general) getting better, but only time will tell. I think they're more likely to be a WC team or miss the playoffs than get the top seed again.
I agree, it will be tough, but that D has already proven they don't need good QB play to be successful.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it will be tough, but that D has already proven they don't need good QB play to be successful.
This is true, I'm not ruling out the possibility of them winning the division and being one of the top seeds. But it's hard to expect the defense to carry a team with little offense like they did 2 years in a row. And to think had the Chiefs not choked away that game vs Denver early in the season they could have won the division, if that did happen I don't think the Broncos would have won the AFC from the WC. But that's a game of IF's and none of that will change what actually happened.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib doesn't get it .... Without Manning's leadership, it's gonna hurt the Broncos.... No way around that...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Tebow was an average qb, I'm going to have to ask you to define average. Because he was statistically one of the worst qb's in the NFL.
Actually by Denver QB standards he'd be correct. The only above average QB Denver ever had was Elway. You can't use Manning's Colts stats. Yep Tebow average = or > Orton, Cutler, Plummer, Griese, Deberg...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why they can't win another SB this yr either AT,

Aside from the fact they were lucky to get past NE at home last year.

If Bill B hadn't sat on his ass and kicked 3 with 6 to go, they win. Game changes completely at that point.

Makes me think of the time he went for it on 4th down against Manning when he was in Indy. Then he was afraid of his team not stopping Manning. This was not that Manning. He should have had no fear and the 2nd half stats proved it. Denver was dead. Defense was the only thing going to win it for them.

So I'm dumbfounded. He's got Brady/Gronk, Denver is offensively dead, kick 3.

Talib wouldn't have been thinking repeat at that point.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as other below average qb's that made the playoffs, this past season the Broncos, Texans, and Vikings all made the playoffs with below average qb play.
Hammer says add Brady to this list.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the fact they were lucky to get past NE at home last year.

If Bill B hadn't sat on his ass and kicked 3 with 6 to go, they win. Game changes completely at that point.

Makes me think of the time he went for it on 4th down against Manning when he was in Indy. Then he was afraid of his team not stopping Manning. This was not that Manning. He should have had no fear and the 2nd half stats proved it. Denver was dead. Defense was the only thing going to win it for them.

So I'm dumbfounded. He's got Brady/Gronk, Denver is offensively dead, kick 3.

Talib wouldn't have been thinking repeat at that point.

I just love it when dear friends from a sports posting website espouse their knowledge. Lucky is a word used by people that don't like the outcome. Woulda, coulda, shoulda usually follows the "lucky" sentiment. The Broncos beat the Patriots in the AFCCG and it wasn't by virtue of luck. The Pats were outplayed and out-coached. Simple as that. Nothing about "luck" comes into play during that game. Talib has every right to talk about the odds of repeating as Super Bowl champions since he currently is a reigning player in that regard. Now the odds of him being accurate are pretty slim, I'll admit. However, the Broncos won the Super Bowl and that's as clear and accurate of a statement as any NFL fan can make.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love it when dear friends from a sports posting website espouse their knowledge. Lucky is a word used by people that don't like the outcome. Woulda, coulda, shoulda usually follows the "lucky" sentiment. The Broncos beat the Patriots in the AFCCG and it wasn't by virtue of luck. The Pats were outplayed and out-coached. Simple as that. Nothing about "luck" comes into play during that game. Talib has every right to talk about the odds of repeating as Super Bowl champions since he currently is a reigning player in that regard. Now the odds of him being accurate are pretty slim, I'll admit. However, the Broncos won the Super Bowl and that's as clear and accurate of a statement as any NFL fan can make.

No it wasn't luck the Broncos won it... they earned it ... D played great and Manning played smart ... As far as Talib saying they're gonna repeat, he's forgetting the frustration of having average to poor QB play...