• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aqib Talib: I don't see why Broncos can't repeat

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be impossible to replace him.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They literally don't have a clue who will be behind center this season. I'd say that is the biggest reason they are doubtful to repeat. If Talib can't see that then he's either blind or super-optimistic.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They literally don't have a clue who will be behind center this season. I'd say that is the biggest reason they are doubtful to repeat. If Talib can't see that then he's either blind or super-optimistic.
Just because we don't know who will be behind center this season doesn't mean the team doesn't have a clue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What did you expect him to say? "Yeah we stand no chance of winning the Super Bowl this year." I mean even a Browns player being interviewed would say "we are trying to win the Super Bowl."

As for the QB position not like the Broncos got much out of the position this past year and still won the Super Bowl. I would say looking at the team they have almost all of the starting positions already filled. Really QB is the only position I even have questions about of what kind of play we will get from the position. Throw in we are at April 11th. We still have 5 months until the season starts with the draft coming up and still plenty of players we could trade for or sign that can at least give us mediocre production.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense won the game.
Still a good defense.
Only ball Peyton threw that made it to the endzone was a two point conversion.
Not a great QB stat game.
Bronco's will be in the playoffs again.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to replace this guy?
59.8% completion. 215.4 yards/g. 9 TD, 17 INT. 67.9 QBR

Come on people. He was great, but not last year. Broncos defense was the star.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically pretty unlikely.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they don't have the Belicheat slayer Manning anymore.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you expect him to say? "Yeah we stand no chance of winning the Super Bowl this year." I mean even a Browns player being interviewed would say "we are trying to win the Super Bowl."

As for the QB position not like the Broncos got much out of the position this past year and still won the Super Bowl. I would say looking at the team they have almost all of the starting positions already filled. Really QB is the only position I even have questions about of what kind of play we will get from the position. Throw in we are at April 11th. We still have 5 months until the season starts with the draft coming up and still plenty of players we could trade for or sign that can at least give us mediocre production.

I wasn't suggesting Denver's team isn't solid but everybody (Talib included) knows if you don't have a solid starting pivot all bets are off. That's all I meant. QB is THE most important position to fill. I don't think anyone would be giving Carolina, Arizona or Seattle much of a chance to make the playoffs if Newton, Palmer and Wilson suddenly were gone. Or any team who didn't have a starting QB right now for that matter. It might be different if we even knew who Denver was leaning towards signing, but right now the only rumors going are with Kaepernick and Manziel. Neither of those guys will strike fear into opponents. Talib is just being the good soldier and saying what he should, and good for him for doing it, but we all know repeating is not likely without a quality QB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but even Osweiler beat the Patsies last year.
You would think with that kind of resume Denver would've overpaid Oz like they did Manning. Who would've thunk?

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think with that kind of resume Denver would've overpaid Oz like they did Manning. Who would've thunk?

50 wins - 14 losses, 2 Superbowl appearances and one Lombardi. I think was money well spent...

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not very good. Pats lost to an overpaid scrub. Like when they lost to Kyle Orton. Only time Brady beats Denver is when Tebow is starting.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense won the game.
Still a good defense.
Only ball Peyton threw that made it to the endzone was a two point conversion.
Not a great QB stat game.
Bronco's will be in the playoffs again.
It doesn't matter how good of a defense you have, you are not going to the playoffs with a below average QB. Do you think the Seahawks will go to the playoffs without Russell Wilson?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 wins - 14 losses, 2 Superbowl appearances and one Lombardi. I think was money well spent...
Really? If you were the GM were you going to honor his contract this year had he not taken the strangle hold off Denver's cap by retiring? No need to answer. The correct answers are in the poll I started today.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not very good. Pats lost to an overpaid scrub. Like when they lost to Kyle Orton. Only time Brady beats Denver is when Tebow is starting.
Denver maybe? Pay-A-Ton not so much. Do you really want to compare head-to-head match ups? Beside we ALL know Peyton didn't beat NE. If you really believe that, you need to stop lieing to yourself and move off of Bronco Island.