• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't see how... (part2)

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see how things are going to work out with the expansion of the conferences.

Conference expansion causes more problems. I can’t conceivably see any way the expanded SEC or Big Ten can play a conference schedules of less than 9 games (the BIG already does). There are already plenty of games in the regular season to sort out the rankings inside of each conference but there too few games between the various conferences. The lack of “connecting” games makes ranking teams from different conferences problematic. A 9-game conference schedule plus the prospect of 5 more games vs “quality” opponents in the CCG and CFP is going to make scheduling meaningful OOC games even less likely in the future. Tie-in games involving Alabama vs Duke or Michigan vs Vanderbilt are worthless in trying to decide whether Michigan or Alabama is the better team for the CFP (so are #12 Michigan playing: #122 Colorado State, #109 Hawaii, and #127 Connecticut). There are those that want teams to play P5 teams only. Remember 2020? Look at the ranking of Dec 13, 2020. Without P5 vs G5 games there could be 6 G5 teams that go undefeated during the regular season. Which team gets in a 12-0 G5 or an 11-2 P5 (my guess is the 12-0 G5). Without G5 vs P5 games the at-large spots could be populated with G5 teams. The field could be 5 P5 conference champs plus 6 undefeated G5 conference champs plus ONE P5 at-large!

Finally consider what could happen if FCS games were banned. One game for an FCS team vs a P5 team can double their athletic department budget for the year. What is to keep them from moving their entire conference up to FBS? Those teams could then play their same regular conference schedule, now be allowed to play P5 teams for the money, and if they are really lucky play in one of 100 “Bowl” games. FBS could end up with 200 teams and destroy FCS. How many FCS teams have already made the move?

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conferences will grow and split most likely.

Ultimately there are probably going to be about 50-60 teams that make real money and everyone else will be on the outside looking in.

Goal is to be in that 50-60.