• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aqib Talib: I don't see why Broncos can't repeat

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter how good of a defense you have, you are not going to the playoffs with a below average QB. Do you think the Seahawks will go to the playoffs without Russell Wilson?
Yes the Seahawks are a playoff team without Wilson.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter how good of a defense you have, you are not going to the playoffs with a below average QB. Do you think the Seahawks will go to the playoffs without Russell Wilson?
There are dozens and dozens of examples of teams that have made the playoffs with below average qb's.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are dozens and dozens of examples of teams that have made the playoffs with below average qb's.

This past year the Broncos, Texans, and Vikings come to mind. All had QB's finish in the bottom half of the league in QB Rating.

I guess it all depends what you call below average. To me anything below 16th ranked would be below average. If that is the case then most years about 3 teams make the playoffs with below average QB play.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough credit is given to Manning for last year's run.

First, they needed him to come in and save homefield in week 17.

Then, he only turned the ball over once during their run. One more turnover in the playoffs (which Brock would have certainly provided) and they don't win a SB, and are probably one and done.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This past year the Broncos, Texans, and Vikings come to mind. All had QB's finish in the bottom half of the league in QB Rating.

I guess it all depends what you call below average. To me anything below 16th ranked would be below average. If that is the case then most years about 3 teams make the playoffs with below average QB play.

Nobody is arguing that (at least I'm not), but the thing is Denver doesn't even know if it will have an average, below average, or terrible QB because they just don't have that position figured out yet (at least not publicly). That's the only reason I give for doubting they can repeat. Not saying it's impossible, just doubtful. Hell, it's doubtful to win the SB even when you have a top tier QB with a solid team around him. Having a solid team and no QB makes it hard to pick Denver right now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough credit is given to Manning for last year's run.

First, they needed him to come in and save homefield in week 17.

Then, he only turned the ball over once during their run. One more turnover in the playoffs (which Brock would have certainly provided) and they don't win a SB, and are probably one and done.

Actually Manning had 2 turnovers in the Super Bowl. He fumbled once and threw an interception.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is arguing that (at least I'm not), but the thing is Denver doesn't even know if it will have an average, below average, or terrible QB because they just don't have that position figured out yet (at least not publicly). That's the only reason I give for doubting they can repeat. Not saying it's impossible, just doubtful. Hell, it's doubtful to win the SB even when you have a top tier QB with a solid team around him. Having a solid team and no QB makes it hard to pick Denver right now.

I understand with them not having a QB or at least not knowing who will be the QB it leaves people to question the Broncos ability to repeat. Honestly I highly doubt they do repeat even if they get an average QB. Winning the Super Bowl is hard enough. Having 2 seasons in a row where everything lines up for you is darn near impossible. Good reason it hasn't happened in over 10 years now. I mean your Seahawks saw it with one huge play being the difference between repeating and well being what they are now. We could have been talking about teams of legend with the repeat and instead it is what could have been.

Now I get why this subject is being discussed since Talib just talked about it but like I said before with it being so early in the off season this to me is a subject better discussed say after the draft when we will probably have a clearer picture of what they are doing at the QB position. Until then no reason for anybody to try and predict what the Broncos will get from the QB position. Again though with how terrible it was this past season I don't think it is unreasonable for Bronco fans to be expecting better results from the position. Doesn't mean it will happen but there is lots of room to grow at the QB position.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I get why this subject is being discussed since Talib just talked about it but like I said before with it being so early in the off season this to me is a subject better discussed say after the draft when we will probably have a clearer picture of what they are doing at the QB position. Until then no reason for anybody to try and predict what the Broncos will get from the QB position. Again though with how terrible it was this past season I don't think it is unreasonable for Bronco fans to be expecting better results from the position. Doesn't mean it will happen but there is lots of room to grow at the QB position.

The bolded part is bang on. That is the only reason people were commenting on Talibs comment. But he was doing his part as good Bronco and saying what he is supposed to say. No harm, no foul.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded part is bang on. That is the only reason people were commenting on Talibs comment. But he was doing his part as good Bronco and saying what he is supposed to say. No harm, no foul.

Yup like I said I would expect any player from any team to have a very similar comment. Sometimes they do the whole we are just taking this one step at a time kind of thing

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name me a few, besides Tim Tebow? Actually IMO Tebow was an average QB, not a below average QB.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name me a few, besides Tim Tebow? Actually IMO Tebow was an average QB, not a below average QB.
If you think Tebow was an average qb, I'm going to have to ask you to define average. Because he was statistically one of the worst qb's in the NFL.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Tebow was an average qb, I'm going to have to ask you to define average. Because he was statistically one of the worst qb's in the NFL.
Okay fair enough. Tebow was below average and the Broncos went to the playoffs.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Manning had 2 turnovers in the Super Bowl. He fumbled once and threw an interception.

You're right. I remember a fumble, but I thought Denver recovered.

Giving Cam Newton, who was in over his head in that game, extra possessions on short fields is one thing. Giving those opportunities to Brady or Roethlisberger is something totally different.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fair enough. Tebow was below average and the Broncos went to the playoffs.
As far as other below average qb's that made the playoffs, this past season the Broncos, Texans, and Vikings all made the playoffs with below average qb play.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year not only did they make the playoffs with a below average QB, they WON the SB with one.
If you call Manning and Osweiler below average then so be it. Do you think that Cam Newton is below average?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as other below average qb's that made the playoffs, this past season the Broncos, Texans, and Vikings all made the playoffs with below average qb play.
Okay fair enough, then we are back to an opinion.