• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos select: Bo Nix, QB, Oregon

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

Who did people feel more confident in when we drafted them?

Bo Nix
Drew Lock
Paxton Lynch
Brock Osweiler

For me not just because of his draft position but Nix.

I am never fully in on a rookie QB given the high bust rate but of these 4.....

I was confident in Drew Lock. I wasn't super/dupe excited but I would put him easily behind Nix for me with these guys. I thought we may have found our guy when we drafted him. He didn't turn out though.

Paxton Lynch was my least favorite. I didn't get the Paxton hype as many of you will remember. CDumler loved him. This might be my least excited 1st rd pick we had ever made in my Broncos life. I tried to stay confident with him but I REALLY had my doubts. Didn't think we found our guy and it sucked using a first rd pick on a QB you feel not good about.

Osweiler- I was more in the middle. Wasn't up or down on him. Was just going to see what happened. Can't say I was overally confident but I gave him a better chance then Lynch. As this stage I thought maybe Elway was better with QB's then he proved to be.

Nix
Lock
Osweiler
Lynch
Nix
Lock
lynch
Osweiller

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix I think Nix has the prefect Situation . They seem the perfect fit Coach/Player . It is so going to work IMO.
Lock I liked both about the same ..to be honest I did not see any of lock last year here but I do think with what Nix (The perfect Coach for his mind )is entering into I belive he could thrive ..Look at Breese He never figered it out until year 4 late . But Lock I still think he never got a good fit Coach wise .. May

lynch

Osweiller

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of those that fell all the way for the Paxton Lynch hype. Prior to any of them taking a snap, my excitement and confidence level was:
  • Paxton Lynch
  • Bo Nix
  • Drew Lock
  • Brock Osweiller
After seeing 3 of the 4 play as a Bronco, I would now rate them:
  • Bo Nix (I know he hasn't played yet but I still see him as the top QB drafted among these four)
  • Brock Osweiller
  • Drew Lock
  • Paxton Lynch

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

Who did people feel more confident in when we drafted them?

Bo Nix
Drew Lock
Paxton Lynch
Brock Osweiler

For me not just because of his draft position but Nix.

I am never fully in on a rookie QB given the high bust rate but of these 4.....

I was confident in Drew Lock. I wasn't super/dupe excited but I would put him easily behind Nix for me with these guys. I thought we may have found our guy when we drafted him. He didn't turn out though.

Paxton Lynch was my least favorite. I didn't get the Paxton hype as many of you will remember. CDumler loved him. This might be my least excited 1st rd pick we had ever made in my Broncos life. I tried to stay confident with him but I REALLY had my doubts. Didn't think we found our guy and it sucked using a first rd pick on a QB you feel not good about.

Osweiler- I was more in the middle. Wasn't up or down on him. Was just going to see what happened. Can't say I was overally confident but I gave him a better chance then Lynch. As this stage I thought maybe Elway was better with QB's then he proved to be.

Nix
Lock
Osweiler
Lynch
I'm not a college football guy and by no means a draft expert. With that said, here are my thoughts:

I was not excited or disappointed with either Lynch or Osweiler. I just didn't know enough to know. I was very excited about Lock. I remember reading a lot of criticism and felt we would be able to coach him up. It sucked that his thumb injury sidelined him so much of his rookie season. Looking back there is no possible way he could have been worse than Flacco. The way he finished out the season gave me a lot of hope. Then the Broncos sacked their OC and Lock really didn't have much of a chance after that.

I am very excited about the Nix pick. I think the team is primed for him to actually thrive. The roster isn't perfect but there are some pieces here. The expectations are not high. The HC seems to have been fully invested since before this off season. This is a very good situation for a QB.

I'll also add Osweiler and Lynch were both in favorable situations too. Osweiler very likely fumbled away the chance to to succeed Manning. He was a vital piece of that 2015 Super Bowl run. He likely could have taken that 2016 team from 9 wins to 11, though that's pure speculation on my part. If I recall he even acknowledge leaving for Houston was a mistake.

Lynch was also in a favorable place because following Osweiler's departure he was up against Siemian and Sanchez for a starting roll and was too busy playing Madden to win it.

In hindsite, Lock never really had a chance here.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a college football guy and by no means a draft expert. With that said, here are my thoughts:

I was not excited or disappointed with either Lynch or Osweiler. I just didn't know enough to know. I was very excited about Lock. I remember reading a lot of criticism and felt we would be able to coach him up. It sucked that his thumb injury sidelined him so much of his rookie season. Looking back there is no possible way he could have been worse than Flacco. The way he finished out the season gave me a lot of hope. Then the Broncos sacked their OC and Lock really didn't have much of a chance after that.

I am very excited about the Nix pick. I think the team is primed for him to actually thrive. The roster isn't perfect but there are some pieces here. The expectations are not high. The HC seems to have been fully invested since before this off season. This is a very good situation for a QB.

I'll also add Osweiler and Lynch were both in favorable situations too. Osweiler very likely fumbled away the chance to to succeed Manning. He was a vital piece of that 2015 Super Bowl run. He likely could have taken that 2016 team from 9 wins to 11, though that's pure speculation on my part. If I recall he even acknowledge leaving for Houston was a mistake.

Lynch was also in a favorable place because following Osweiler's departure he was up against Siemian and Sanchez for a starting roll and was too busy playing Madden to win it.

In hindsite, Lock never really had a chance here.

No matter what people say about Osweiler without him we don't win the SB in 2015. He served his purpose even if he wasn't a long term answer in Denver.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reports McVay may have selected Nix at 19
feel good if that’s true. hes seen as a modern offensive guru.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reports McVay may have selected Nix at 19
feel good if that’s true. hes seen as a modern offensive guru.
Perfect offense for Nix too, from that WCO Shanny tree.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix is the diligent type. He shows up for meetings early and relentlessly inquisitive and focused.

“Trough time, he learned that he can love it.He can have fun with this, too, [that] you can enjoy it,” Dillingham said. “And the first time he cracked a joke in my meeting room and really loosened up, I said, ‘OK, if this dude finds this balance of life and his passion for this thing, and he truly falls in love with it and enjoys this stuff, this could be special.’

You just Know Players will love playing with this guy . And this statement Now you know Why our Coach loves him as well Bo was always Going to be our pick way early in the process .

Thanks Mingo

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell He loves Football and all aspects of it .