• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aqib Talib: I don't see why Broncos can't repeat

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny the natural instinct to defend the QB of our favorite teams...Guess Im guilty of the same
I'm not defending Manning, I'm simply correcting your mistakes. Why is it so hard to just admit you were wrong about the short field and wrong about the third down completion to Fowler?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending Manning, I'm simply correcting your mistakes. Why is it so hard to just admit you were wrong about the short field and wrong about the third down completion to Fowler?

Because they are mere sidenotes to the larger point...Ok, i got the plays confused....Either way, Peyton Manning was the weak link on a SB winning team.....

Its my opinion, based on his play, that the fumble by the Steelers RB was a game loser for them.......And we are being conservative in assuming that they only end that drive with a FG

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are mere sidenotes to the larger point...Ok, i got the plays confused....Either way, Peyton Manning was the weak link on a SB winning team.....

Its my opinion, based on his play, that the fumble by the Steelers RB was a game loser for them.......And we are being conservative in assuming that they only end that drive with a FG
But your opinion is based on so many facts that are just wrong. No one is denying that Peyton Manning was the wink link on the team, ok? In the Steelers game, however, a bigger problem was the dropped passes. Denver had something like 8 or 9 dropped passes that game, many of which ended drives. Can't put that on Manning.

And why is it conservative to assume that without the fumble, the Steelers only end that drive with a fg? They scored 1 touchdown on 13 drives that entire game. And it's not even like they were inside the 5 or something like that, they were still outside the 30 and with the wind that day, they were no guarantee to at least get a fg that drive.

It was a one point game with 10 minutes left when the fumble happened. It's crazy to suggest that without that fumble it would be impossible for Denver to win. Shoot, even if the Steelers had scored a touchdown on that drive, it would have still been just a 1 score game at that point (and don't forget Denver converted their 2 point attempt in the game).

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But your opinion is based on so many facts that are just wrong. No one is denying that Peyton Manning was the wink link on the team, ok? In the Steelers game, however, a bigger problem was the dropped passes. Denver had something like 8 or 9 dropped passes that game, many of which ended drives. Can't put that on Manning.

And why is it conservative to assume that without the fumble, the Steelers only end that drive with a fg? They scored 1 touchdown on 13 drives that entire game. And it's not even like they were inside the 5 or something like that, they were still outside the 30 and with the wind that day, they were no guarantee to at least get a fg that drive.

It was a one point game with 10 minutes left when the fumble happened. It's crazy to suggest that without that fumble it would be impossible for Denver to win. Shoot, even if the Steelers had scored a touchdown on that drive, it would have still been just a 1 score game at that point (and don't forget Denver converted their 2 point attempt in the game).

Agree to dis-agree on the impact of the fumble

And as I mentioned earlier, when i say "Lucky", i do also factor in that Pittsburgh was missing their Top 3 offensive skill players (Ben aside) that game.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to dis-agree on the impact of the fumble

And as I mentioned earlier, when i say "Lucky", i do also factor in that Pittsburgh was missing their Top 3 offensive skill players (Ben aside) that game.....

So do you factor in only one side for injuries then? I mean the Broncos were starting 2 3rd string Tackles in the game and most of the season.

I will also say though I do think with almost every Super Bowl Winner there is a bit of luck that goes into winning. These games usually are so close that 1-2 plays does change the outcome of the game. Now yes some of that is skill but with something like a fumble you never know how the ball will bounce. Or a tipped pass that just happens to land in the right hands or wrong depending which side you are on. These are the very top teams in the league so very little does separate them.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say "Lucky", i do account for the fact that the Steelers were missing most of their key offensive players....That, and the back breaking fumble, in which a FG alone on that drive, could have put that game to sleep

Against a fully healthy Pats team, I thought they pretty much dominated all day, and would have been pretty unlucky to lose that game

Denver won that game but I wouldn't say full healthy team, their top 2 RB's were out, so running game was non existent and could have very well been with those guys vs that stout D line

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver won that game but I wouldn't say full healthy team, their top 2 RB's were out, so running game was non existent and could have very well been with those guys vs that stout D line
Yeah, at that point in the season, pretty much no one is completely healthy. That's why using injuries as an excuse is a losers mentality. Every team suffers injuries, the great ones have depth and good coaching to overcome them.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at that point in the season, pretty much no one is completely healthy. That's why using injuries as an excuse is a losers mentality. Every team suffers injuries, the great ones have depth and good coaching to overcome them.

Ummm, No offense, but losing the best receiver in the NFL, the best RB in the NFL, losing his backup who was playing out of his mind, and one of the best QB's in the game playing with a broken or torn something or other

is a little different than "Every team deals with injuries"

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, No offense, but losing the best receiver in the NFL, the best RB in the NFL, losing his backup who was playing out of his mind, and one of the best QB's in the game playing with a broken or torn something or other

is a little different than "Every team deals with injuries"
But losing both starting tackles, both starting safeties, and having one of the cb's in the game playing one armed thanks to an injured shoulder is no big deal?

I mean, the Broncos were playing a safety who they had literally signed off the street a few weeks before. I know Brown is a great wide receiver, but Pittsburgh was uniquely situated to overcome that thanks to their massive depth at wr.

So maybe having Brown out there changes the outcome of that game. And maybe having a healthy Chris Harris Jr, TJ Ward, Darian Stewart, and David Bruton Jr. is enough to negate the boost that the Steelers would have received from having Brown back. And maybe having both tackles and their pass catching tight end would have allowed the Broncos offense to perform much better, not to mention we all know what a healthy Peyton Manning can do.

Injuries suck, but everyone deals with them. Maybe Denver was fortunate to not have to play a fully healthy Steelers team, and maybe the Steelers were fortunate to not have to play a fully healthy Broncos team.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But losing both starting tackles, both starting safeties, and having one of the cb's in the game playing one armed thanks to an injured shoulder is no big deal?

I mean, the Broncos were playing a safety who they had literally signed off the street a few weeks before. I know Brown is a great wide receiver, but Pittsburgh was uniquely situated to overcome that thanks to their massive depth at wr.

So maybe having Brown out there changes the outcome of that game. And maybe having a healthy Chris Harris Jr, TJ Ward, Darian Stewart, and David Bruton Jr. is enough to negate the boost that the Steelers would have received from having Brown back. And maybe having both tackles and their pass catching tight end would have allowed the Broncos offense to perform much better, not to mention we all know what a healthy Peyton Manning can do.

Injuries suck, but everyone deals with them. Maybe Denver was fortunate to not have to play a fully healthy Steelers team, and maybe the Steelers were fortunate to not have to play a fully healthy Broncos team.

Quality >>> Quantity

I'm a believer that there are injury "Excuses" and Injury "Reasons".....

If, lets say, Aaron Rodgers goes down Week One next year, and the Packers go 5-11.....I wouldnt exactly label his injury as an "Excuse" for why the Packers had a bad season

Im just of the opinion that the Steelers were a team that had their season (not just the Denver game) completely derailed by the Quality of their injuries

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the Broncos might fall back to Earth if they don't have strong QB play in 2016. I don't think Talib said that he's confident that they'll repeat but more along the lines of "they could". I'm not sure what else he's supposed to say when asked that question. It's tough to say how the Broncos will do in the upcoming season since they don't even know who the starting QB is yet. I'm sure the Seahawks weren't certain that drafting Russell Wilson was going to get them to the Super Bowl but you just never know.

Right you never know... You guy's could get lucky and land a good QB in the draft... It's pretty rare though that a rookie comes out and play's at a high level... but hey, it's possible .. I was blown away by Russ his rookie year, I did not expect that....

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality >>> Quantity

I'm a believer that there are injury "Excuses" and Injury "Reasons".....

If, lets say, Aaron Rodgers goes down Week One next year, and the Packers go 5-11.....I wouldnt exactly label his injury as an "Excuse" for why the Packers had a bad season

Im just of the opinion that the Steelers were a team that had their season (not just the Denver game) completely derailed by the Quality of their injuries
What about quality of the guy replacing the injured player? Replacing Brown with Bryant and Wheaton is a lot better than replacing your starting safety with a guy you signed off the street.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right you never know... You guy's could get lucky and land a good QB in the draft... It's pretty rare though that a rookie comes out and play's at a high level... but hey, it's possible .. I was blown away by Russ his rookie year, I did not expect that....

I keep hoping he flames out like a burning piece of magnesium. Bright and hot but short lived....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about quality of the guy replacing the injured player? Replacing Brown with Bryant and Wheaton is a lot better than replacing your starting safety with a guy you signed off the street.

Thats fair, I would just say the impact Antonio Brown has on the Steelers offense, is a large bigger than any safety has on any team...Especially when as a whole, the safety was just a piece of the best defense in football...I think thats easier to cover up

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping he flames out like a burning piece of magnesium. Bright and hot but short lived....

That's kind of the way I've felt about Brady since about 2006 or whenever his "legend" began. I never used to dislike him, but at some point it was like "enough" already and I got sick of hearing about him ad nauseum.

On the plus side I never had to worry about that with Romo. :pound:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of the way I've felt about Brady since about 2006 or whenever his "legend" began. I never used to dislike him, but at some point it was like "enough" already and I got sick of hearing about him ad nauseum.

On the plus side I never had to worry about that with Romo. :pound:

Romo is like the Guest Who Wouldn't Leave....

On one hand it sucks that when he was "healthy" the team was lacking.

Now that it seems fairly well built he's unhealthy and uber fragile.

They'd better do something at back-up QB because I don't see him finishing the year again. Can't see that collar bone lasting.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'd better do something at back-up QB because I don't see him finishing the year again. Can't see that collar bone lasting.

Or his back. Or his shoulder. They need to keep him on his feet.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol ... Nah he's all about the game and working harder to improve... He's gonna stick around... Separation is in the preparation!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he just keeps sticking around... He's good when he's healthy, but man he just can't stay on the field at this point... Cowboy's don't want to go into next season without a good plan at QB ...