• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown Has Been Traded to the Raiders

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LUL what a steal. 3rd and a 5th? For a team that has 3 1st rounders? Okay Pittsburgh. Didn't realize their FO has become incompetent as their head coach. This kind of has a Randy Moss vibe and I'm not sure I give any extra wins to Oakland as a result, but still... face value, it's an A grade for the Raiders. I'll give the Steelers a C-. They obtained SOMETHING for Brown who is now 30 and Schuster is a solid replacement, but it's clear they could've gotten more.

giphy (1)-15.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LUL what a steal. 3rd and a 5th? For a team that has 3 1st rounders? Okay Pittsburgh. Didn't realize their FO has become incompetent as their head coach. This kind of has a Randy Moss vibe and I'm not sure I give any extra wins to Oakland as a result, but still... face value, it's an A grade for the Raiders. I'll give the Steelers a C-. They obtained SOMETHING for Brown who is now 30 and Schuster is a solid replacement, but it's clear they could've gotten more.

3rd and 5th for AB? Shiiit

If I couldn't get a 1st or at least two 2nds I'd have kept him. Hopefully he gets pissy and sits out so I could let him rot under suspension for a year.

I get it that the Steelers had to get rid of him, but they got robbed by the Raiders here.

I hope you're being sarcastic. This fucking blows.

The Steelers have 21 million in dead cap space with two mid-round picks to show for it.

My issue is that Brown and Bell essentially bullied the Steelers into getting what they wanted.

Rooney saying what he did was idiotic, as it reduced their leverage with teams, now knowing the Steelers were essentially afraid to bring Brown back to the team and had to move him.

The Steelers look weak and incompetent right now. It's hard to put enough makeup on this to make it look presentable.

The situation with Bell was different, but still showed a lack of strength on the Steelers part by refusing to use the leverage of the transition tag in 2019 to compel Bell to sign the franchise tag and play in 2018.

Bell misled and lied to the Steelers multiple times about his intentions to play probably because he could sense that Colbert and Rooney were weak and would not get in the way of the big pay day he is about to receive.

Brown smelled the blood in the water and went rogue as well.

You may feel that "afraid" was too strong in describing the Steelers willingness to bring Brown back, but I don't. They would not have settled for such a garbage return otherwise.

The Steelers have shown themselves to be
pussies in player disputes and we just need to hope that Brown and Bell were isolated cases, with other Steelers being mature and civil enough to not follow their lead.

Having a hard time not laughing my ass off at the Steelers organization for getting fleeced by a couple of jackasses:

Owners-approve-Mark-Davis-Oakland-Raiders-stadium-plan-for-Las-Vegas.jpg

THIS!

Brown called the shots from the moment he wanted out. He trashed the Steelers chances of getting better compensation, and got paid a hefty bonus by the Raiders for doing so. Consider this the tip of the iceberg though... This sets a terrible precedent for the upcoming years in the NFL. Expect a lot more of this behavior when elite players "want out" or "want more".

I'm not buying that the "Steelers' hands were tied" bullshit. They should have stayed firm and let him rot. Settling for mid-round picks shows how weak this FO is. How pathetic.

I have to give the Raiders props on the move. They basically traded Cooper, a 3rd and 5th round pick for Antonio Brown and a 1st round pick.

I don’t get how the Steelers could possibly lose two of the best offensive players in the NFL and receive next to nothing for them in return?

There is no way to know what the better alternatives are, but you can't sit there and tell me that they couldn't have gotten a better deal than this. I guarantee you that 90% of the league is in awe at how little it took to get AB.

Art II & Colbert got played like a fiddle, and they were just as harmful to the trade compensation as AB was. But AB got exactly what he wanted, out of PIT and a huge pay-day, while the Steelers FO has been bending over and grabbing their ankles since December.

Opposed to settling for less than premium draft picks in addition to eating 21 million, I'd take my chances, if for no other reason than to stick it to the piece of shit and show the team who's boss.

Obviously, the Steelers felt their team culture was not strong enough to handle Brown, which is reflective of a broader problem.

It's a mess.

Here is your problem — he has a 21 million dollar cap hit still, so trading him now provided Pitt with no relief to go improve the defense.

And a 3rd and 5th round pick isn’t going to change anything in that regard, right now.

I always looked at Pitt as a well oiled machine with a great front office. But the way Bell and Brown have been handled, it makes them look terrible.

Basically they had one of the best RB’s and one of the best WR’s and in losing both, a 3rd round pick is all they got. That’s terrible.

To be clear...I agree PIT got shafted. This was a terrible return for a player of his caliber.

raiders fn fleeeeeeeeeeeeced us

yeah ab is what really happened, he f'd us so bad, he won

Tate, traded for a 3rd.
Cooper, traded for a 1st.
Antonio Brown, traded for a 3rd and 5th.

Umm....what?! I know he ruined his value by his social media bullshit, same with Le'Veon, but I mean come on! Good riddance but I still wish we would've gotten SOMETHING out of this.

Just put it in perspective. We have what once was the best WR/RB duo in the league for 3-4 years straight. Bell and Brown. In 2019, all the Steelers will have to show for it will be 2 3rd round picks and a 5th. Ugh....

Mack was gonna get a monster deal.....after we gave one to Carr.....and Cooper was up for a new deal......and he had the dropsies in Oakland after a good rookie season.

We got a top 5-10 player in the League in Brown, I wish we could have kept Mack but the money was the holdup and he got it with the Bears.

Ultimately, this was a good trade and most analysts think we fleeced the Steelers......and we did.

This Steelers offseason been terrible and we're only in March

You're grasping at straws.....

AB is the type of WR Cooper could only dream of becoming.

Obviously they wouldn’t give him a contract he wanted. Instead they tried to tag him over and over, while asking him to be the most used player in the NFL. I applaud Bell, even though I can’t stand him, for giving Pitt the finger and sitting out.

Also, if Bell is a product of the line, why tag him at all? Just trade him.

And with AB — you are kidding yourself if you think, no one wanted to trade for him. The Steelers didn’t want to trade him to an AFC team they’d be competing with. You think it was a coincidence the Bills and Raiders are the two teams we heard about, two of the worst teams in the NFL?

You can’t be that foolish. New England would have given you a first round pick for Brown, but no chance are they sending him to NE. The same can be said for a half dozen other teams. And just like with Bell — if they had issues with the guy.........trade him.

The Steelers got the absolute bare minimum return for two of the best players in the NFL.

Brown wasn’t going to be a FA. The Steelers weren’t releasing a guy who led the NFL in touchdowns last year and has 6 years straight of 100+ catches when they have a 21 million dollar cap hit in 2019. Not happening.

Just so I have this straight:

1. Pitt offered Bell the money he wanted and he turned it down, instead choosing to sit out a year and make nothing? I’m going out on a limb and saying the years and dollar amount may have been what he wanted, but the guaranteed money was not.
A contract is only worth what is guaranteed in the NFL.

2. You honestly believe the only offers Pitt received were from Buffalo and Oakland. If you truly believe that — I can’t change your mind. I’d be willing to wager that is most definitely not the case. I’d go a step further and say Pittsburgh had a list of teams they wouldn’t even answer a call from.

But if you want to believe your front office, who bungled their way to losing two of the best players in the NFL for a couple mid round draft picks, feel free.

If the player is a headache and he isn’t producing elite numbers, I completely agree.

When the player puts up monster numbers and leads the NFL in touchdown catches — Pitt is most definitely not better off without him.

It just made the job tougher for every player on the offense, especially Schuster-Smith, who will now face the top CB on opposing teams and will see double teams much more frequently.

Didn’t realize I had not responded to that. I typed it out yesterday, but got sidetracked with a sick kid.

OBJ’s case is simple — he has played 16 games once in 5 years. He has missed the equivalent of 1 1/2 seasons in just 5 years.

NYG would deal him if someone offered them a king’s ransom, but they aren’t going to give him away (like Pitt did with Brown). But NFL teams see the same risk with OBJ that anyone with two eyes has — great talent, but can’t stay healthy. (Hamstring injury, quad injury, ankle injury, ankle surgery, etc)

Wow! The Raiders did really well. They gave up Amari Cooper and a 3rd and 5th round pick for Antonio Brown and a 1st round pick? Steal of the year in my opinion.

This ^^^^

They got fleeced for the talent level that AB brings, but I'm relieved he's gone.....I wish him the worst of luck......

They get Collins replacement, who was a first round pick and on a rookie contract for two more years, with a team option for one more.

As well as the 17th pick in the first round and a 3rd round pick.

THAT is the type of haul you should get for a WR like OBJ and AB.

What Oakland gave up for AB should be a felony.

:L

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB is quickly turning into the GTOAT. Greatest Tool of All Time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not followed the NFL? OBJ is one of, if not, the biggest headcases in the NFL.

He had a viral video of him and a woman laying in bed with a plate with lines of coke and a credit card.

He has been suspended for his on field antics.

He has called out his own teammates.

He has attacked the FG kicker net.

Oh yeah — and he has missed 1 1/2 years worth of games in 5 years.

Yet the Giants got a 1st round pick (17), a player who was a first round pick and 3 years remaining on his rookie deal and a 3rd round pick.

Oakland absolutely FLEECED Pitt getting Brown for a 3rd and 5th:L

No offense, but you should look at the atmosphere of your locker room and your front office, because not only did AB want out, so did Bell.

And I do disagree — if AB had a down year or shown ANY sign of slowing down — His value would be gone. He had 100+ catches for the 6th straight year and led the NFL in touchdowns.

Oakland got the steal of the century.

Bell was offered a contract from Pitt with 17 million guaranteed. If he had played on the tag from Pitt a 2nd year in a row — no team would have guaranteed him anything, as Pitt was going to do the exact same thing as they did the year before — where he had 400+ touches.

There is a reason teams went to committees in the backfield, and why only one RB since 2010 had 400 touches in a season — it was DeMarco Murray (who never had another seasons remotely close to that). The wear and tear on the RB’s body and injury risk goes WAY up the following year. Pitt was going to do the exact same thing, which is why Bell sat out.

He got exactly what he wanted and Pitt got exactly what they deserved.

Brown used the culture allowed by the franchise, where they allow players to air grievances all over social media and used that to get exactly what he wanted. Pitt gets a 21 million dollar cap hit and a 3rd round pick, while Oakland gets one of the best WR’s in the NFL.

Just think how much better Pitt is now with Bell and Brown.

I will give you a hint — Pitt doesn’t guarantee any money beyond the 1st year. So 33 million guaranteed wasn’t happening for Bell.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.be...ree-agents-kevin-colbert-leveon-bell-nfl-news

It is also the reason Brown had all the leverage over the Steelers, because his contract was nothing more than smoke and mirrors after year 1.

But you are right — Pitt is better off now that they got rid of Bell and Brown.

Yes. How did the Steelers do in the playoffs last year?

Pitt fans are truly delusional and think they are a better team without Bell and Brown, while turning a blind eye to their inept front office and the culture their coaching staff has allowed to divide the team, but letting these clowns all over social media posting about the team. They obviously haven’t learned their lesson as Juju did the exact same thing and went right to social media after AB was traded

I see you are as delusional as the other Pitt fans.

Now that AB is gone — who do you think defenses will be game planning to stop? Juju saw single coverage all year. That will end. He will still get his yards, but it will be much tougher as he will now face the top CB on every team and the doubles AB dealt with, will now be on Juju.

Pitt is the only team in the NFL who could lose two of the top offensive players and getting nothing in return, yet be better because of it:L

Steelers' fans are really gullible to the public relations network of the Steelers.

I figured we would just have 1 thread for all these questions. So feel free to post your own dilemmas after you answer the ones before you. Please include your scoring systems and how many players you need to start.

PPR, bonus points for TDs over 40 yards.

I need 1 QB

Goff @ Carolina
Rivers vs Indy

... and 1 flex

Mack @ LAC
DFree @ Minn
Kupp @ Car
DJ Moore vs LAR
Jeffery vs WAS

SOOOOOOOOO much fail in this............myself included most by @TrustMeIamRight , how ironice. @eaglesnut bringing up the rear, no surprise there

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe the Steelers weren't weak in the FO....maybe they placated this fool all they could over the years, until they had enough....a 3rd and 5th pick look like a steal today. Maybe it wasn't all Ben's fault. maybe Tomlin had better control of this clown than we could imagine...thing sure look a lot different 6 months down the road. The best part of this is we Steeler fans can sit back and watch the AB shit show.:martini::pop2:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe the Steelers weren't weak in the FO....maybe they placated this fool all they could over the years, until they had enough....a 3rd and 5th pick look like a steal today. Maybe it wasn't all Ben's fault. maybe Tomlin had better control of this clown than we could imagine...thing sure look a lot different 6 months down the road. The best part of this is we Steeler fans can sit back and watch the AB shit show.:martini::pop2:
i been saying that, everyone says tomlin is a fool and didnt have control. The dude handled AB, Bell, and Marty B. Its just food for thought.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my son is telling me AB has unfollowed Derek Carr & the Raiders on Instagram :laugh3: