• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown Has Been Traded to the Raiders

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Walts write up.

----

Browns acquire WR Odell Beckham Jr. from Giants for 2019 1st-, 3rd-round picks, S Jabrill Peppers
When the Odell Beckham Jr. trade rumors were swirling, I thought Beckham actually being traded was a long shot, especially when there was a report that said the owner didn't actually want to trade Beckham. Well, here we are, as Beckham has been sent to the Browns for 2019 first- and third-round picks, as well as Jabrill Peppers.

This is a huge acquisition for the Browns. They needed a No. 1 receiver for Baker Mayfield, and I thought they could select Ole Miss' A.J. Brown, which is what I have happening in my 2019 NFL Mock Draft. Beckham is obviously a much, much better option than Brown, and he makes Cleveland's offense so explosive. Between Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, David Njoku and potentially Kareem Hunt, Mayfield has so much firepower to work with. He was already great at times last year without a legitimate No. 1 threat, and now he has Beckham at his disposal. It'll be very disappointing if the Browns don't put up tons of points next year.

But did the Browns give up too much for Beckham? I really don't think so. If you think about it, Beckham is way better than anyone Cleveland could've obtained at No. 17 overall. So, this is essentially for an upgraded No. 17 pick, a third-rounder and Peppers. Third-round picks have a 70-percent failure rate. Peppers is a very good safety, but he's not the sort of difference-maker Beckham is. I think the compensation in this trade is fantastic for the Browns, who now have to be considered a Super Bowl contender. Their grade for this trade is worthy of an A+.

As for the Giants, I really don't know what they're doing. Why would they want to trade Beckham? Unless there's something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, there's no logic to this deal. Getting a replacement for Landon Collins is nice, but Peppers is not as good as Collins. Meanwhile, there's no receiver anywhere close to Beckham's talent level who would be available with the 17th-overall pick. New York is not going to be able to replace Beckham's production anytime soon, and that's a big problem.

Grade for Browns - A+
Grade for Giants - D

Read more: NFL Trade Grades: WalterFootball.com

---

I for one disagree. I think the Browns gave up too much, but it seems they're in obvious 'win now' mode, and Beckham will certainly help. I just don't get why they're willing to go all in this early in Mayfield's career.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of , have you seen the nfl this offseason, AB was in uncharted territory.

im not saying we werent fleeced, but by demanding new money, being older, and being on a 24/7 collision course with anything not what he wants, he eviscerated his trade value.

You can agree to disagree. Im fine. I think we SHOULD have got way more, but he f'd us, and i think the browns fleeced the NYG's.

is what it is.

No offense, but you should look at the atmosphere of your locker room and your front office, because not only did AB want out, so did Bell.

And I do disagree — if AB had a down year or shown ANY sign of slowing down — His value would be gone. He had 100+ catches for the 6th straight year and led the NFL in touchdowns.

Oakland got the steal of the century.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but you should look at the atmosphere of your locker room and your front office, because not only did AB want out, so did Bell.

And I do disagree — if AB had a down year or shown ANY sign of slowing down — His value would be gone. He had 100+ catches for the 6th straight year and led the NFL in touchdowns.

and look where bell is. not saying its not a disaster.........but those two are insane, if u cant see that i dunnoo.........but yeah our locker room is in shambles. If you paid attention egomaniac snapped when juju got team mvp and not hium

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be a HUGE favorite to win that division.

Cleveland has added Olivier Vernon and Sheldon Richardson on defense. OBJ on offense.

While Pitt will lose Bell and Antonio Brown, and Baltimore lost half their damn defense (Suggs, Mosley, Smith, etc)
again, thats why they play, ala the eagles super team

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have u noticed as well most posters, wouldnt want that guy on their team, pretty much everyone

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and look where bell is. not saying its not a disaster.........but those two are insane, if u cant see that i dunnoo.........but yeah our locker room is in shambles. If you paid attention egomaniac snapped when juju got team mvp and not hium

On a new team with a 50+ million dollar contact and 35 million guaranteed. I’d say Bell did alright.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have u noticed as well most posters, wouldnt want that guy on their team, pretty much everyone
Now if the Raiders can fix the defense, o-line, front office and find a home they will be looking good for the future.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a new team with a 50+ million dollar contact and 35 million guaranteed. I’d say Bell did alright.
lol yeah traded a years worth of pay for a bit more guaranteed, and isnt recouping his losses, let me live in that world,

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yeah traded a years worth of pay for a bit more guaranteed, and isnt recouping his losses, let me live in that world,
Lost out on a full year at 14 million plus, and only got 2 million guaranteed over first two years than he could have gotten in Pitt two years ago. He could have invested that money for two years and made up the difference, too.

And Pitt just did right by Shazier again, so you know they take care of their people. Bell is just a merc to the Jets.

There are problems in the Steeler locker room, Tomlin has been a big part of cultivating it, but two cancers have been excised. And they are absolutely on the downside of their careers. They aren't getting prime Brown and Bell.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost out on a full year at 14 million plus, and only got 2 million guaranteed over first two years than he could have gotten in Pitt two years ago. He could have invested that money for two years and made up the difference, too.

And Pitt just did right by Shazier again, so you know they take care of their people. Bell is just a merc to the Jets.

There are problems in the Steeler locker room, Tomlin has been a big part of cultivating it, but two cancers have been excised. And they are absolutely on the downside of their careers. They aren't getting prime Brown and Bell.

Bell was offered a contract from Pitt with 17 million guaranteed. If he had played on the tag from Pitt a 2nd year in a row — no team would have guaranteed him anything, as Pitt was going to do the exact same thing as they did the year before — where he had 400+ touches.

There is a reason teams went to committees in the backfield, and why only one RB since 2010 had 400 touches in a season — it was DeMarco Murray (who never had another seasons remotely close to that). The wear and tear on the RB’s body and injury risk goes WAY up the following year. Pitt was going to do the exact same thing, which is why Bell sat out.

He got exactly what he wanted and Pitt got exactly what they deserved.

Brown used the culture allowed by the franchise, where they allow players to air grievances all over social media and used that to get exactly what he wanted. Pitt gets a 21 million dollar cap hit and a 3rd round pick, while Oakland gets one of the best WR’s in the NFL.

Just think how much better Pitt is now with Bell and Brown.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell was offered a contract from Pitt with 17 million guaranteed. If he had played on the tag from Pitt a 2nd year in a row — no team would have guaranteed him anything, as Pitt was going to do the exact same thing as they did the year before — where he had 400+ touches.

There is a reason teams went to committees in the backfield, and why only one RB since 2010 had 400 touches in a season — it was DeMarco Murray (who never had another seasons remotely close to that). The wear and tear on the RB’s body and injury risk goes WAY up the following year. Pitt was going to do the exact same thing, which is why Bell sat out.

He got exactly what he wanted and Pitt got exactly what they deserved.

Brown used the culture allowed by the franchise, where they allow players to air grievances all over social media and used that to get exactly what he wanted. Pitt gets a 21 million dollar cap hit and a 3rd round pick, while Oakland gets one of the best WR’s in the NFL.

Just think how much better Pitt is now with Bell and Brown.
Funny, I’ve heard today 10 mill, 17 mill, 13 mill, 33 mill in the Steelers end. Read the espn article. It’s the most in depth yet

Your agenda has become comical

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I’ve heard today 10 mill, 17 mill, 13 mill, 33 mill in the Steelers end. Read the espn article. It’s the most in depth yet

Your agenda has become comical

I will give you a hint — Pitt doesn’t guarantee any money beyond the 1st year. So 33 million guaranteed wasn’t happening for Bell.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.be...ree-agents-kevin-colbert-leveon-bell-nfl-news

It is also the reason Brown had all the leverage over the Steelers, because his contract was nothing more than smoke and mirrors after year 1.

But you are right — Pitt is better off now that they got rid of Bell and Brown.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you a hint — Pitt doesn’t guarantee any money beyond the 1st year. So 33 million guaranteed wasn’t happening for Bell.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.be...ree-agents-kevin-colbert-leveon-bell-nfl-news

It is also the reason Brown had all the leverage over the Steelers, because his contract was nothing more than smoke and mirrors after year 1.

They do guarantee money beyond the 1st year. That's what a signing bonus is. Also, the Steelers tend to turn salary into bonus money quite frequently for their star players, paying them up front for future years performance, and they'll do that multiple times on the same contract.

Also, the Steelers kept a guy like Ryan Shazier, who got paralyzed on their roster and paid out his contract knowing there was almost no chance he'd ever play football again, and STILL keep paying the dude to be on the roster when they don't have to and don't have any real reason to do so, because they aren't a douche organization.

It is much more likely that LeVeon Bell would have seen a higher percentage of the contract (And ultimately total dollars) he would have gotten with Pitt, than he will ever see with the Jets.

That said, I am GLAD that this didn't work out, because his best years are clearly behind him. Even during his best years, he's been a china doll, and we never were able to depend on him in the playoffs. Pittsburgh didn't miss a beat with Conner. Thank you Bell, for being a dumbass!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again read the espn article

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also got a full year of rest to extend his career like Adrian Peterson. Which adds up to more money in the end.

Steelers got played by both their top offensive players.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also got a full year of rest to extend his career like Adrian Peterson. Which adds up to more money in the end.

It doesn't work like that.

He's a year closer to 30 now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a load. U were all over this with his contract. But u won’t eat crow

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does work like that and I even gave you an example.
One example, AP's been an exception.

Wait till Bell has to run behind a line that can't hold indefinitely to account for his famous patience.