• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Davis Or Kevin Durant

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is good on defense but not at the elite level yet where it impacts the
whole team.
SO I guess if he's leading the NBA in blocks, he needs to setting the record for all time blocks? That's not helping his team? And the other 4 guys should watch him do it all..? :scratch:

Best shot blocker in the league man.. :lol: = you come in the paint and certain things change

Also steals doesn't = good defense
Wow dude. Tell that to John Stockton and Gary Payton. Please you are beyond clueless. I guess Russell just magically comes up with the ball huh?

But anyway durants team is better than davis team on defense.

:L

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO I guess if he's leading the NBA in blocks, he needs to setting the record for all time blocks? That's not helping his team? And the other 4 guys should watch him do it all..? :scratch:

Best shot blocker in the league man.. :lol: = you come in the paint and certain things change

Wow dude. Tell that to John Stockton and Gary Payton. Please you are beyond clueless. I guess Russell just magically comes up with the ball huh?

:L

Blocks is a little indicator. Not a end all stat neither is steals. Altered shots and FG% against is a way better indicator of good defense. Great defenders single handed impact the teams defense. Ala iguodala with sixers and warriors last year. Also steals you can gamble a lot not the best stat for defense. Monta ellis with warriors back then was always top 3 in steals. Does that mean he's a top defender!? NO.

Okc 10th in defensive effciency, pelicans are 24th in defense. Also pelicans are 8th in offensive effciency while OKC is 16th. This is why they're both average teams right now. Anything else I need to teach you??

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blocks is a little indicator. Not a end all stat neither is steals. Altered
shots and FG% against is a way better indicator of good defense.
Blocks is a little indicator, but Altered shots and FG% against is way better... As in a tall post player that's leading the league in blocks, but isn't altering shots and isn't a presence in the paint? My lord you are a moron.

Were you the Water boy or towel guy?

Also steals you can gamble a lot not the best stat for defense. Monta ellis with
warriors back then was always top 3 in steals. Does that mean he's a top
defender!? NO.
NO one said Russell was a top 3 defender. You said steals didn't = good defense. I just said Russell was leading the NBA in steals. :L

Great defenders single handed impact the teams defense.
Sure they can. BUT THEY CAN'T GUARD 5 GUYS! :lol: You need a TEAM with solid defenders to have good TEAM defense.

Tell you what.. Go read Dean Smith's book on bball. John Wooden's. And Phil Jackson's "Sacred Hoops". You might learn something outside all your stats and #'s.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, the best scorer in the league vs a player who's never played a playoff game in his life.

I could understand taking Davis if we're talking about building a franchise, but if we're talking about who to take if you needed to win a single game? Definitely Durant.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best scorer in league KD averaging 25 a game and isn't a great defender.
AD is averaging 24 and 10 a game and leading the NBA in blocks. Aka that means if you come into the paint, you might want to work on a higher trajectory shot.

Assuming offense is what wins games... And don't look at D huh? :scratch:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best scorer in league KD averaging 25 a game and isn't a great defender.
AD is averaging 24 and 10 a game and leading the NBA in blocks. Aka that means if you come into the paint, you might want to work on a higher trajectory shot.

Assuming offense is what wins games... And don't look at D huh? :scratch:

Any team with Durant on it vs any team with Davis on it and Durant wins that 7 game series every time. It's really a no brainier.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So throw 2 guys on opposite teams + 4 other random players and its Durant every time.

Ok :lol:

Any real basketball players in here?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So throw 2 guys on opposite teams + 4 other random players and its Durant every time.

Ok :lol:

Any real basketball players in here?

Most of us realize that he isn't the best player in the league... yet. If he plays more than 67 games this year and performs at a high level in the playoffs, then I may change my mind. At this point you guys are just sipping the koolaide if you are saying he's the best player in the league because Durant is definitely right behind LeBron.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok that's interesting.

Who are the best 5-7 players in the NBA?

And are they close to Lebron? I mean, #2 isn't #1 for a reason. Lebron has a post game if he wants to. If he went to the hole like iverson or Jordan did, he'd be getting to the line more and stopping momentum of the opposing team. Jordan did that so well. Yelled at the dam refs to get a foul too. Lol

Durant only really impresses me with his offense, which is pretty dam impressive. I'm just a defense and offense guy. That's the difference between our opinions. No need for me to get on your ass. Ibaka can play D. Westbrook is leading the league in steals, but that doesn't mean he's good on D. Lol.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok that's interesting.

Who are the best 5-7 players in the NBA?

And are they close to Lebron? I mean, #2 isn't #1 for a reason. Lebron has a post game if he wants to. If he went to the hole like iverson or Jordan did, he'd be getting to the line more and stopping momentum of the opposing team. Jordan did that so well. Yelled at the dam refs to get a foul too. Lol

Durant only really impresses me with his offense, which is pretty dam impressive. I'm just a defense and offense guy. That's the difference between our opinions. No need for me to get on your ass. Ibaka can play D. Westbrook is leading the league in steals, but that doesn't mean he's good on D. Lol.

LeBron doesn't go to the hole enough already? He doesn't draw fouls? :wtf:

Westbrook isn't good on D? :wtf:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron goes to the hole more than Durant, but he settles a lot For jumpshots at times. Iverson and Jordan went to the hole hard and got hammered.

And I was being sarcastic - repeating someone else on here about Westbrook and steals.

You got it all backwards man. What u smokin? :scratch:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron goes to the hole more than Durant, but he settles a lot For jumpshots at times.

And I was being sarcastic - repeating someone else on here about Westbrook and steals.

You gt it all backwards man. What u smokin?

That good shit, bro lol.

LBJ has played a ridiculous amount of minutes, you have to be able to shoot a jumper if you want to maximize your longevity. If he went to the hole every play then he might end up like Derrick Rose. :behindsofa:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got something backwards too, without the ability to hand-check in today's game how could you possibly say that MJ got inside more often and got more foul calls than LeBron? That's nonsensical.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in MJs career, he got beat down by Detroit. Just because they could hand check back then, didn't mean Mike didn't go to the hole.

U sayin Mike was scared of a little hand checkin? :whistle:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Rose is shorter than Lebron so it's a longer fall down to the floor. :L

And you shut your mouth when ur talkin to me! :suds: I don't want to hear any D Rose mishaps.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in MJs career, he got beat down by Detroit. Just because they could hand check back then, didn't mean Mike didn't go to the hole.

U sayin Mike was scared of a little hand checkin? :whistle:

Not at all, the defense was clearly tougher back then though. A flagrant 2 today was probably nothing back then.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was tougher back then no doubt and today offenses are more lazy. More ISO now

Durant going to the hole against the bad boys? On worthy?
Yeah he'd get his jumpers but that's about it. Don't go cold tho

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll sum it up with this:

1) Trying to win a ring this year? LeBron
2) Last shot in Game 7 of a playoff game? Durant
3) Starting a franchise from scratch and you get to pick 1 player? Davis

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blocks is a little indicator, but Altered shots and FG% against is way better... As in a tall post player that's leading the league in blocks, but isn't altering shots and isn't a presence in the paint? My lord you are a moron.

Were you the Water boy or towel guy?

Ugh I give up lol. My main point was that there is more to defense than blocked shots