• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anthony Richardson

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about right IMO.

But if Minshew struggles the fans will be howling for Richardson. If it's November and Shane Steichen wants to keep sitting him and Jim Irsay wants to play him, guess what.
The Irsay factor is a real one. At the same time, I would project that Steichen came in honestly when he interviewed and presented a plan that wouldn’t be an instant winner. Then when you get ready to make this pick, you need to present to Irsay that this is a developmental pick. It’s all logical to us but Irsay is a loose cannon. You made a sound point on his influence.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay Asks fans if they should go Levis.

Yowsers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts don’t need to panic and start him just for the sake of it. Sit him for a season
Im guessing the temptation after 2-3 losses will be to play the mobile QB.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about right IMO.

But if Minshew struggles the fans will be howling for Richardson. If it's November and Shane Steichen wants to keep sitting him and Jim Irsay wants to play him, guess what.
This is my thought as well. Irsay will meddle, no doubt and this is why reaching high in the draft for project QBs fails more often than not. Fans, media, owners all clamoring to get this top of the draft player out there and the kid just isn't ready. Maybe Steichen can coach him up but he won't have the cache of a veteran coach like Andy Reid. If Indy struggles early, I expect to see Richardson playing by week 6-8 and it may not go well for the kid.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Irsay factor is a real one. At the same time, I would project that Steichen came in honestly when he interviewed and presented a plan that wouldn’t be an instant winner. Then when you get ready to make this pick, you need to present to Irsay that this is a developmental pick. It’s all logical to us but Irsay is a loose cannon. You made a sound point on his influence.
Irsay is the only guy that'll stunt AR's growth and sadly it'll happen before the mid way point of the season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts don’t need to panic and start him just for the sake of it. Sit him for a season
That's just the problem. He's effectively the day 1 starter. I already had huge red flags on him for his lack of production relative to elite QB's college production, but him starting with those red flags day 1 is a major yikes.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay is the only guy that'll stunt AR's growth and sadly it'll happen before the mid way point of the season.
Looks like it’s trending toward them playing him sooner as opposed to later. Personally, I think that’s a mistake. I think he needs a year to break down his mechanics and reteach himself his footwork among other things.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it’s trending toward them playing him sooner as opposed to later. Personally, I think that’s a mistake. I think he needs a year to break down his mechanics and reteach himself his footwork among other things.
Playing is the fastest way to accelerate learning, will need the coaching staff to work hard to help him improve and the team has to be ready to accept it will be a bumpy ride first year or two. Similar to the Josh Allen experience, but there's no guarantee that it will work out the same.